Additional Lounge Guest for *G

Old May 8, 2023, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY, BT
Additional Lounge Guest for *G

Hi,

Iím a gold member with A3 in good standing ~10 flights over the past 6 months with them alone, a bunch of upcoming travel already booked.
I have a relatively long layover in ATH next week and was looking for a way to guest in two people at the lounge - any idea whom I might talk to to ask for an exception? Gold phone line isnít very helpful, unfortunately.

This is especially annoying as I had a bunch of lounge coupons that were voided once I got bumped to Gold.
Really hope that someone here can help out or provide a useful hint whom to contact - thanks in advance!
Old May 8, 2023, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by elal767
Hi,

Iím a gold member with A3 in good standing ~10 flights over the past 6 months with them alone, a bunch of upcoming travel already booked.
I have a relatively long layover in ATH next week and was looking for a way to guest in two people at the lounge - any idea whom I might talk to to ask for an exception? Gold phone line isnít very helpful, unfortunately.

This is especially annoying as I had a bunch of lounge coupons that were voided once I got bumped to Gold.
Really hope that someone here can help out or provide a useful hint whom to contact - thanks in advance!
Don't want to sound harsh but why do you think they'd make an exception? You can try your luck at the lounge in ATH once you are there but you know the official rules (only one guest on the same flight) and I wouldn't keep my hopes high that you can guest more than one person.
ariadgr_, Chr04 and supemola like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 12:12 pm

Sorry for not being able to contribute here, but just wanted to say that I also find it, well, disappointing, to say the least, that they'd provide silver members with 4 (four) vouchers, of which 3 people, including the holder, only require 2 in order to all enter (so 3 people, including just one silver member, can all enter an Aegean lounge together not just once but 2 times!) and they "leave" Golds with just their "regular +1"...
They should have been giving gold members an additional 2 lounge vouchers to guest a 3rd person twice or a 3rd and 4th person once...

Anyway, I hope the TS will work something out, but if that flight is scheduled during high season, then I'd certainly expect them to deny the request, given how the lounge situation is right now...
KATERGOO likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 1:31 pm

You can wait by the door, looking for someone at the same flight, that doesn't have a guest with him, and will accept to invite the extra person that you can't bring in the lounge.
KATERGOO, Arrivals and Cookoovaya like this.
Old May 9, 2023, 11:53 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by giorginho
Sorry for not being able to contribute here, but just wanted to say that I also find it, well, disappointing, to say the least, that they'd provide silver members with 4 (four) vouchers, of which 3 people, including the holder, only require 2 in order to all enter (so 3 people, including just one silver member, can all enter an Aegean lounge together not just once but 2 times!) and they "leave" Golds with just their "regular +1"...
They should have been giving gold members an additional 2 lounge vouchers to guest a 3rd person twice or a 3rd and 4th person once...

Anyway, I hope the TS will work something out, but if that flight is scheduled during high season, then I'd certainly expect them to deny the request, given how the lounge situation is right now...
eh?

3 guests would mean the silver spends al his voucher for the years?
Old May 9, 2023, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Yreal
eh?

3 guests would mean the silver spends al his voucher for the years?
don't know what "for the years" mean, but anyway... A silver member has 4 lounge access vouchers for each silver membership year, so far so good?
I was pretty clear that it's 3 people including the voucher holder, not holder + "3 guests" like you wrote. Also, in case you don't know how silver vouchers work, the first voucher you use grants access to the holder +1 guest already! In the case of our fellow member you'd have to use a 2nd voucher to allow a 2nd guest (3rd person in total) to enter, because after the first "1+1" voucher, the rest only allow for a single person to enter, unless of course you're always visiting with just +1, in which case 4 vouchers allow 2 people to both enter the lounge 4 times, which is also the maximum you can take from the 4 silver lounge vouchers (a total of 8 entries to the lounge, but specifically 2 people times 4). So our friend can use the first voucher for him +1, then the 2nd Voucher for his 2nd guest. On their next visit the same thing happens again, so all 3 enter twice with just the 4 vouchers.
Old May 10, 2023, 7:23 am

don't know what "for the years" mean, but anyway... A silver member has 4 lounge access vouchers for each silver membership year, so far so good?
I was pretty clear that it's 3 people including the voucher holder, not holder + "3 guests" like you wrote. Also, in case you don't know how silver vouchers work, the first voucher you use grants access to the holder +1 guest already! In the case of our fellow member you'd have to use a 2nd voucher to allow a 2nd guest (3rd person in total) to enter, because after the first "1+1" voucher, the rest only allow for a single person to enter, unless of course you're always visiting with just +1, in which case 4 vouchers allow 2 people to both enter the lounge 4 times, which is also the maximum you can take from the 4 silver lounge vouchers (a total of 8 entries to the lounge, but specifically 2 people times 4). So our friend can use the first voucher for him +1, then the 2nd Voucher for his 2nd guest. On their next visit the same thing happens again, so all 3 enter twice with just the 4 vouchers.
You appear to understand their meaning, but your tone is coming across as condescending.

To be honest, your writing structure can be difficult to follow, and the absence of paragraphs makes it a real struggle to read your posts, even though they may be informative at times.

Returning to the topic at hand, the only proven way to get 'special entry' is through management.
Old May 10, 2023, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Chr04
You can wait by the door, looking for someone at the same flight, that doesn't have a guest with him, and will accept to invite the extra person that you can't bring in the lounge.
This can work but... very awkward.
Old May 10, 2023, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Cookoovaya
You appear to understand their meaning, but your tone is coming across as condescending.

To be honest, your writing structure can be difficult to follow, and the absence of paragraphs makes it a real struggle to read your posts, even though they may be informative at times.
No, I still and in all honesty have no idea what was meant by "al the years". Do you?

I tried the short version and it wasn't understood, so I tried the more analytical version, so naturally the post got larger, but can you find me a spot to use in that last post, where you'd split it in multiple paragraphs? It's all regarding one and the same thing, at least in my eyes.

In case the "so far so good" part bothered you, well, I was just double-checking that it is actually known, that a silver member has 4 lounge access passes and not less, because the comment above made no sense in that regard (you can't use up all your vouchers even with 3 guests, let alone with just 2, which was what the TS's case was).
Cookoovaya likes this.
Old May 11, 2023, 1:45 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
If you're on a Star Alliance flight (i.e. not Olympic) you could guest one person to the LH lounge and another to the A3 lounge.

I wouldn't count on Aegean making any exceptions though.
Old May 11, 2023, 5:57 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, please bear in mind that English may well not be the native language of many of the members who contribute greatly to this forum, so perhaps rather than assume their motives and manner the benefit of the doubt might be extended.

We try to adopt a light-touch to moderation, but personal attacks - something we're getting perilously close to - will never be acceptable.

Thank you for your understanding.

/mod
Old May 12, 2023, 2:14 am

NWIFlyer Nothing personal here with fellow member giorginho, who has some very informative posts in this forums. I purely made an observation on how it came across. I’m not a native speaker either.

I might have come across the wrong way but rest assured no ‘attack’ was intended. I apologise to them if they felt that way.
giorginho likes this.
Old May 12, 2023, 2:19 am

No, I still and in all honesty have no idea what was meant by "al the years". Do you?

I tried the short version and it wasn't understood, so I tried the more analytical version, so naturally the post got larger, but can you find me a spot to use in that last post, where you'd split it in multiple paragraphs? It's all regarding one and the same thing, at least in my eyes.

In case the "so far so good" part bothered you, well, I was just double-checking that it is actually known, that a silver member has 4 lounge access passes and not less, because the comment above made no sense in that regard (you can't use up all your vouchers even with 3 guests, let alone with just 2, which was what the TS's case was).
I understand that they meant the silver member is required to use all of their lounge vouchers at once, leaving none for the rest of their membership year.

We can discuss the other stuff privately if you wish and not clog the post 🙂

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.