Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

luggage check through with two separate tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 1:55 am
Original Poster

I had a mileage run recently on two separate A3 tickets. BER-ATH-LCA und LCA-ATH-IST.
The stay in Larnaca was less than 24 hours. The staff at the check-in counter was not able to check the luggage through to Istanbul. He also called his supervisor, who couldn't help as well...
just want to know, if it was the incompetence of the staff in BER or is it not possible at all.

btw. the schengen lounge in Athens is horribly full at noon...

Last edited by Jaegersss; Feb 6, 2023 at 3:25 am
Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Jaegersss
I had a mileage run recently on two separate A3 tickets. BER-ATH-LCA und LCA-ATH-IST.
The stay in Larnaca was less than 24 hours. The staff at the check-in counter was not able to check the luggage through to Istanbul. He also called his supervisor, who couldn't help as well...
just want to know, if it was the incompetence of the stuff in BER or is it not possible at all.
Checking luggage onto separate tickets is not a service that is required to be offered by any airline.

When doing mileage runs, it's best NOT to check luggage.
If you need to check luggage, it's best NOT to book that trip using separate tickets. However, given that you had a sufficiently long layover in LCA to be able to retrieve your luggage and check it in for the next ticket, then at least you were unlikely to miss the onward ticket.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 4:41 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
So, in essence, you were asking for the bag to be tagged as BER-ATH-LCA-ATH-IST.

It's not possible to allow the bag to pass through the same airport (ATH in this case) twice, so the agent would have been unable to do this. This is common to every airline, not just A3.

If your routing had been BER-ATH-LCA-IST, the agent would have been able to help (even if not obligated to do so).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.