Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New ATH Schengen Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:53 am

So, someone will come in, use an armchair, leave his belongings to the chair next to him, because there isnt a table near, he will get up throw his coat or a bag at his armchair (occupies 2) and will go to the dining area to eat?
Old Dec 9, 2022, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
It is sad that A3 cannot get a spacious premier lounge at their home base. They should have gotten the LH lounge too and merged the two spaces.
sydunipete likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 10:53 am
Original Poster

To put this simply guys:

It will still be overcrowded but with updated colours.

When I say overcrowded, I mean a “zoo” at times.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 3:30 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
On Facebook there are reports of people still being sent to the Goldair lounge, while the new lounge is operational. Specifically silver members are redirected to use Goldair.

Perhaps that will help (a little) with the overcrowding, though that is not great for the (already often very crowded) Goldair lounge..
irishguy28, KATERGOO and nk15 like this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They should make this permanent, only Golds in the lounge. Silver and J tickets only should be send elsewhere, at least for peak hours.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 12:26 pm

I think business ticket is stronger, then a gold with light fare:-)))
Old Dec 11, 2022, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gold travelling in J is first, then the rest is debatable (Silver in J and Gold in Y should be a tie for second, IMO)...Surprisingly A3 thinks Gold is first (currently boarding group 1), while a Silver in J is currently boarding group 2....
Old Dec 11, 2022, 9:19 pm

Programs: LH *Gold, Mariott Silver, BA Gold, (BMI Gold)
new Agean Loung as of December 12. 06:00

I am sitting in the new lounge right now:
For those hoping for more space: the lounge now is bigger.
You will have to be more sportive since the entrance is now at the far end of the corridor, so might be difficult for a quick visit in some cases.
The food offerings as far as I can see are exactly the same as before, just different presentation in different ceramics so you cannot see immidiately what is on offer except you read the small print.
For the soft working alcoholics: there are still two different greek white wines, but the number of reds has been reduced to one for now.
For the hard working alcoholics: again it looks to me exactly the same as before.

In the seating area of course it seams to be nice to sleep on of the soft chairs, but of course the next chair is used for the luggage, it obviously cannot sit just on the floor.

If somebody does not like the way I write i apollogise: I was on yesterdays LH flight from FRA to ATH, did not get sleep, drinks and food within the last 24 hours, only lies from LH.
ATLCDG and fifty_two like this.

Last edited by drdrh; Dec 11, 2022 at 9:23 pm Reason: typos
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:57 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks for the review. How is the lounge bigger if the same location/space is used? has the new entrance become smaller than previously?

Originally Posted by nk15
Surprisingly A3 thinks Gold is first (currently boarding group 1), while a Silver in J is currently boarding group 2....
I don't believe that this is correct. Gold in Business class is also in group 2. As far as I'm aware Group 1 is exclusively families with small kids @ Aegean.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 7:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by drdrh
I am sitting in the new lounge right now:
For those hoping for more space: the lounge now is bigger.
thanks , cant wait to try it in 2023

II was on yesterdays LH flight from FRA to ATH, did not get sleep, drinks and food within the last 24 hours, only lies from LH.
LoL
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: LH *Gold, Mariott Silver, BA Gold, (BMI Gold)
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Thanks for the review. How is the lounge bigger if the same location/space is used? has the new entrance become smaller than previously?
Inside the new lounge starts next to the Lufthansa Lounge on one side (so you use their WIFI) and ends on the other side adjacent to the sky??-Lounge. Honestly, I do not know whether the later was the case with the old lounge, I never really used that part of the Lounge.
The old entrance does not exist any more, the entrance of the new lounge is at the end of the corridor just before the sky??-lounge and the DutyFree shop.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Gold travelling in J is first, then the rest is debatable (Silver in J and Gold in Y should be a tie for second, IMO)...Surprisingly A3 thinks Gold is first (currently boarding group 1), while a Silver in J is currently boarding group 2....
No, group 1 is familys with litle children. Goup 2 is gold and business.
giorginho likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:18 am

Programs: A3 *G
Inside the new lounge starts next to the Lufthansa Lounge on one side (so you use their WIFI) and ends on the other side adjacent to the sky??-Lounge. Honestly, I do not know whether the later was the case with the old lounge, I never really used that part of the Lounge.
The old entrance does not exist any more, the entrance of the new lounge is at the end of the corridor just before the sky??-lounge and the DutyFree shop.
Yes, it's hemmed in on both sides by other lounges so can't possibly be bigger. Maybe they just freed up more usable space by moving the reception area. There was quite an area behind that, towards the Lufthansa lounge, so the open space probably appears bigger. Did they change the size/layout of the kitchen area? That was quite small but still took up some space.
giorginho likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 5:01 am

The new lounge is just fantastic. Today at 8 , dispite the huge trafic, everybody had a sitting place, without any problem. Top food and drink selection. Aegean did a very good job again!
eugnk, KATERGOO, nk15 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: A3 *G; Honors Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by powergean
No, group 1 is familys with litle children. Goup 2 is gold and business.
Yes, I think so too. In Apr this year, my biz class (using upgrade voucher) with A3 *G in ex-Athens and Athens were all group 2.
KATERGOO and powergean like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.