Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Miles of Lufthansa Codeshare operated by Aegean

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Hi, I have the Question of crditing Lufthansa Codeshare Flights onnmy Miles and Bonus Account. In Case of Flying Business I Always should geht 250% of the Miles (In Case of Basic Tarif it would be 220%). However, the Basic fare is not important for codeshare flights, isn't ist?🤔 In the case of economy flights, the credit is based on the Light, Flex or Comfort Flex fare. Does anyone know how the credit is calculated for economy flights and whether the credit for business flights is really 250% or 220%. In this Case, I didn't book a Flights in any of These Clases.😅 In any case, the credit is aimed at the booking class of the operating carrier, i.e. Aegean. The booking class is accordingly unknown, although you can ask for it on the hotline. :-))

Thanks so much:-))
Old Nov 1, 2022, 8:41 pm

Booking codeshares on any pair of airlines (i.e. not ony A3/LH) offers the additional thrill of finding out after the flight that you received less miles than what you expected. As a matter of fact, if your codeshared LH flight was busines class in P, you will be getting zero miles on A3 and almost all other *A partner airlines...
Old Nov 2, 2022, 2:06 am
Original Poster

That's not necessarily correct

Originally Posted by KLouis
Booking codeshares on any pair of airlines (i.e. not ony A3/LH) offers the additional thrill of finding out after the flight that you received less miles than what you expected. As a matter of fact, if your codeshared LH flight was busines class in P, you will be getting zero miles on A3 and almost all other *A partner airlines...
In 2021 I have already flown from ZRH to ATH with a feeder from Swiss and the onward flight as LX codeshare operated by Aegean. Since booking class P is booked as Z at Aegean, I received 2548 awards and status miles at Miles and Bonus. Nevertheless, the question now is what the credit for economy flights looks like, since it also depends on the tariff that you have booked and 2. whether the credit is still 250% in business and not 220% on routes was reduced with Basic Tariff.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 5:50 am

Most people's experience is that it is almost impossible to find out how a given fare class on one airline maps on another one. In your case, first of all, Swiss P is not Lufthansa P and second of all you can't use your previous flight (operated by Aegean) in 2021 as an example/argument since in that case you got credited the M&B miles that Aegean would give you independent of whether the flight was codeshared by Swiss or not. This time you're talking about a LH flight codeshared by Aegean. This is a completely different situation. Anyway, good luck, I hope you won't have a big disappointment...

PS By the way, on LH flights crediting to M&B (i.e. not codeshares) flying business you get either 2000 miles (in C, D and J) or 1250 miles (Z)
Old Nov 2, 2022, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Most people's experience is that it is almost impossible to find out how a given fare class on one airline maps on another one. In your case, first of all, Swiss P is not Lufthansa P and second of all you can't use your previous flight (operated by Aegean) in 2021 as an example/argument since in that case you got credited the M&B miles that Aegean would give you independent of whether the flight was codeshared by Swiss or not. This time you're talking about a LH flight codeshared by Aegean. This is a completely different situation. Anyway, good luck, I hope you won't have a big disappointment...

PS By the way, on LH flights crediting to M&B (i.e. not codeshares) flying business you get either 2000 miles (in C, D and J) or 1250 miles (Z)
It is true that LH P is not the same as Swiss P. In both cases, however, you will probably be booked in booking class Z on flights operated by Aegean, which then corresponds to 250% of the distance miles. However, my question is how the miles are credited if you book economy. In this case, you also get a booking class (which is not visible online, but you can ask for it by phone). Now that you have found out the booking class of the Aegean flight, is the credit based on Light, Flex or Comfort Flex?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:35 am

It's pretty clear that the OP is only referring to flights operated by Aegean (A3 metal), but booked on LH's website (I suspect because sometimes prices over there are cheaper).
I am fairly confident that these tickets won't actually book (or "map") into any of the 3 categories currently available on Aegean's website (light, flex, or comfort flex), but that Aegean uses a different category to credit such tickets. However at the moment I have no idea if that category would be the one they refer to as "saver" or "economy" or even something else and I also don't know what the mileage accrual looks like with such a ticket nowadays. I would take a guess (call it a hunch, gut feeling or perhaps a distant faded memory of something I read about such cases many years ago and have no recollection of), that these tickets have fixed amounts of miles that they credit, according to the type of the flight (domestic or international) and perhaps according to the fare (booking class) paid and that these amounts are comparable to today's flex fares (so for a flight between Greece and Germany I'd expect either 800, 1000 or 1200 miles to be credited for economy class tickets).
But this is really a question I doubt anyone even at Aegean would be able to answer with certainty and only if you find a chart somewhere or if people who have actually purchased, flown and credited such tickets share their data points will we start solving the mystery...
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:22 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
You would always earn based on the % for the operating carrier. If that is Aegean then you used to earn miles as if the ticket was purchased as a regular Aegean flight.

Nowadays there are indeed various types of fares for the same fare-class. I also don't have experience with this (Last time I flew A3 with a LH flight number was before those fare types were introduced), however I would expect this to book into Flex (for Economy) and Regular business (for business class). Reason being is that I don't think that LH allows you to book these flights as a Saver option, and will only offer them as Classic - meaning that they can be changed and include checked luggage. Which maps best on Flex with Aegean.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: A3 gold, BA silver, IHG platinum, Hilton Gold
I think I have a bit of experience in OP's question, but as others said, trying to decipher what booking class you'll end up in *A codeshares is always a nightmare.

So, let's break this down in 2 sections:

LH-issued ticket, for the A3 metal segment:
This books (at least for my last few SKG->MUC/FRA segments ) in saver category by default. And saver earns in the same category as flex according to A3:
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...rlines/aegean/

A3-issued ticket, for the LH metal segment:
This is a bit easier, it "just" uses the standard LH to M&B miles calculator
However, for this ticket assuming you have an A3 metal segment you'll be usually given 2 options: Either to go with "saver" or "comfortflex" type of fares.
For some weird reason, at least in my limited experience, comfortflex is both cheaper, and gives you more miles plus other bonuses (free front seat, wifi if available etc). Beware though that A3's IT is a bit iffy, and always gives you the miles for the "saver" type of fare. You have to then call A3 and ask them to credit your flights correctly. Done it at least a few times now, and usually CS agents will tell you that you got credited the correct amount of miles, which is clearly wrong
fifty_two likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HEhatesusall
I think I have a bit of experience in OP's question, but as others said, trying to decipher what booking class you'll end up in *A codeshares is always a nightmare.

So, let's break this down in 2 sections:

LH-issued ticket, for the A3 metal segment:
This books (at least for my last few SKG->MUC/FRA segments ) in saver category by default. And saver earns in the same category as flex according to A3.

A3-issued ticket, for the LH metal segment:
This is a bit easier, it "just" uses the standard LH to M&B miles calculator
However, for this ticket assuming you have an A3 metal segment you'll be usually given 2 options: Either to go with "saver" or "comfortflex" type of fares.
For some weird reason, at least in my limited experience, comfortflex is both cheaper, and gives you more miles plus other bonuses (free front seat, wifi if available etc). Beware though that A3's IT is a bit iffy, and always gives you the miles for the "saver" type of fare. You have to then call A3 and ask them to credit your flights correctly. Done it at least a few times now, and usually CS agents will tell you that you got credited the correct amount of miles, which is clearly wrong

Thank's so much. That's the Answer, I wanted to geht :-)) I think in lower Booking Clases it's Always an Advantage, that there ist an A3 Metal included. However, as you Said, decipher what booking class I'll get is a Nightmare...

A3 Codeshare in LH Metal is in My Opinion Non-Sense. The prices on these Flights are so expesive, So, in Most Cases, The Flights are in Website of Lufthansa much More Cheaper.🤷
Old Nov 4, 2022, 6:06 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by HKNBG
A3 Codeshare in LH Metal is in My Opinion Non-Sense. The prices on these Flights are so expesive, So, in Most Cases, The Flights are in Website of Lufthansa much More Cheaper.🤷
That is not always the case. Especially when fares are high (on the LH website) the A3 codeshare purchased via the A3 website may be the same or cheaper. Plus, you will get more benefits this way (LH offers Light tickets for the lowest price, while A3-codeshare flight tickets are issued in the LH Classic fare type I believe). Meaning that these tickets are basically Flex.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
That is not always the case. Especially when fares are high (on the LH website) the A3 codeshare purchased via the A3 website may be the same or cheaper. Plus, you will get more benefits this way (LH offers Light tickets for the lowest price, while A3-codeshare flight tickets are issued in the LH Classic fare type I believe). Meaning that these tickets are basically Flex.
Well, that's right. In some Cases, it could bei the netter Option :-)) Usually, I book early, so the A3 Codeshare prices are Always much More Higher. Moreover, I can't book an Flights with Lufthansa to Nuernberg my HomeBase🙄:-))

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.