Lounge at HEL?

Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Question Lounge at HEL?

My relatives are flying HEL-ATH in business class soon, and the SK lounge that they would ordinarily be entitled to is still closed - ostensibly because of "covid", but since all other lounges at HEL have long since reopened, it's looking quite likely that that's just a pretext to keep the lounge shut, given SK's financial difficulties.

Having not personally flown with Aegean before (and very little with *A overall), I'm unfamiliar with the rules. What can they expect at HEL? Are they entitled to anything? A voucher or something?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:39 am

A member of SAS staff told me a few months back that there would be a new lounge but I'm now doubtful about the truth of that statement. It was used by all *A carriers but I believe LH have now contracted to use the Aspire Lounge which is the only one in the Schengen area which doesn't belong to Finnair. I have an A3 HEL - ATH in a few weeks so will find out what's on offer but at the moment, I don't know.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
My relatives' experience was that nothing was provided; no lounge (SAS or otherwise), no voucher. They don't hold status, though - don't know if that makes a difference.

Do report back if your experience is different!
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:55 am

According to the lounge finder on *A's website, they wouldn't have gotten lounge access with a Gold status either...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.