FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Free ticket [as compensation for flight delay] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/2087975-free-ticket-compensation-flight-delay.html)

powergean Jul 22, 2022 12:11 pm

Free ticket [as compensation for flight delay]

Yesterday we had 2 hours delay from Heraklion to Athens. After landing we found a mail, with a free ticket for any destanation.

,,Dear Customer,
For all of us in Aegean and Olympic Air, our mission is to offer you an excellent travel experience. This is
achieved through our dedication to fulfill your expectations in the best possible way. Today, we
acknowledge that the services provided were not up to our standards. We are though, willing to welcome
you on one of our flights in the future and have the opportunity to provide you with our authentic services.
On this basis, we would like to offer you a ticket to any destination of our network.
Thank you and looking forward to welcome you on board soon!"

Bravo Aegean!

Xandrios Jul 22, 2022 3:17 pm

Keep in mind that this ticket can only be redeemed if there is specific availability. If I remember correctly R-class needs to be available.

powergean Jul 22, 2022 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 34449437)
Keep in mind that this ticket can only be redeemed if there is specific availability. If I remember correctly R-class needs to be available.

Thanks! They told me on the phone, that i can use it only for any domestic flight, and i have to pay 10 e extra. But ok, still nice from them, because was under 3 hours delay. So from the low they coud give nothing.

gioannis13 Jul 22, 2022 10:18 pm

I love Aegean for this politic !

headingwest Jul 23, 2022 3:52 am

How can they say ''we would like to offer you a ticket to any destination of our network'' and then say it has to be a domestic flight!?

powergean Jul 23, 2022 5:06 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 34450486)
How can they say ''we would like to offer you a ticket to any destination of our network'' and then say it has to be a domestic flight!?

I asked the same twice and both agents told me, that,, because was domestic fllight. " Anyway the eimail is not saying that. But to finish the story, i did buy a ,,free" ticket from ath to her with 47 euro. The FREE in the mail mins , that you have to pay taxes +10 euro. . Of course if you want tu return, you have to buy a full price ticket. :-)))))))) So the free by aegean costed to me 120 eoro, but ok.....

headingwest Jul 23, 2022 5:11 am

Originally Posted by powergean (Post 34450598)
I asked the same twice and both agents told me, that,, because was domestic fllight. " Anyway the eimail is not saying that. But to finish the story, i did buy a ,,free" ticket from ath to her with 47 euro. The FREE in the mail mins , that you have to pay taxes +10 euro. . Of course if you want tu return, you have to buy a full price ticket. :-)))))))) So the free by aegean costed to me 120 eoro, but ok.....

But the mail/e-mail you quoted did say specifically ''we would like to offer you a ticket to any destination of our network'', so why are you saying that it doesn't say that?!

Anyway, a 'free' flight is always a nice gesture.

powergean Jul 23, 2022 5:15 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 34450605)
But the mail/e-mail you quoted did say specifically ''we would like to offer you a ticket to any destination of our network'', so why are you saying that it doesn't say that?!

No! Dosent say, ONLY DOMESTIC. You are right.

powergean Jul 23, 2022 5:23 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 34450605)

For me, the ,, any destination of our network'" are not only domestic flights. Aegeans network is also international destinations. OR?

headingwest Jul 23, 2022 5:34 am

Originally Posted by powergean (Post 34450627)
For me, the ,, any destination of our network'" are not only domestic flights. Aegeans network is also international destinations. OR?

,,Dear Customer,
For all of us in Aegean and Olympic Air, our mission is to offer you an excellent travel experience. This is
achieved through our dedication to fulfill your expectations in the best possible way. Today, we
acknowledge that the services provided were not up to our standards. We are though, willing to welcome
you on one of our flights in the future and have the opportunity to provide you with our authentic services.
On this basis, we would like to offer you a ticket to any destination of our network.
Thank you and looking forward to welcome you on board soon!"

If it had just said Olympic Air, then I would accept that it means only a Domestic flight. It also mentions Aegean, so I would expect a flight anywhere in the international network.

powergean Jul 23, 2022 5:52 am

Yes! So we are sayig the same! Also the mail dosent say anithing about taxes+ 10 euro:-) But who cares, anyway, my delay was ,,only" 2 hours, other airlines woud tell you ,,sorry for the delay", nothing more. So i am still happy, nice from them.

Xandrios Jul 23, 2022 6:56 am

Actually if the delay was over 2 hours you are due compensation as per 261/2004.

powergean Jul 23, 2022 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 34450785)
Actually if the delay was over 2 hours you are due compensation as per 261/2004.

I think its over 3 hours.

giorginho Jul 23, 2022 8:39 am

I'm not here to exempt anyone from any accountability, but the "Aegean and Olympic" part is obviously how they address customers (since they are effectively a single company) and the omittance of the "domestic" regarding the free ticket is their obvious mistake, because as far as I remember it's been reported again a couple of times in the past, that "free tickets" offered as compensation for delayed domestic flights were actually also only for domestic destinations (though I recall the issue "domestic vs. while network" being mentioned again and I have a single and very faded recollection of reading a report from someone here claiming to have actually received a free ticket for the whole network, but even if that was the case, I think all factors considering those cases should be examined before judging what's "fair"). Anyway, like I said, an obvious failure to include vital information on their end for what is very commonly their intention.

powergean Jul 23, 2022 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by giorginho (Post 34450988)
I'm not here to exempt anyone from any accountability, but the "Aegean and Olympic" part is obviously how they address customers (since they are effectively a single company) and the omittance of the "domestic" regarding the free ticket is their obvious mistake, because as far as I remember it's been reported again a couple of times in the past, that "free tickets" offered as compensation for delayed domestic flights were actually also only for domestic destinations (though I recall the issue "domestic vs. while network" being mentioned again and I have a single and very faded recollection of reading a report from someone here claiming to have actually received a free ticket for the whole network, but even if that was the case, I think all factors considering those cases should be examined before judging what's "fair"). Anyway, like I said, an obvious failure to include vital information on their end for what is very commonly their intention.

,,On this basis, we would like to offer you a ticket to any destination of our network."