Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Free ticket [as compensation for flight delay]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free ticket [as compensation for flight delay]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:13 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by powergean
I think its over 3 hours.
It is not. Delay of 2 hours or more for a type 1 flight (<1500 KM). The 3 hours applies to flights over 1500 km in length.
irishguy28 and powergean like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Keep in mind that this ticket can only be redeemed if there is specific availability. If I remember correctly R-class needs to be available.
R-class is for business class and N-class is for economy free tickets.

One destination that frequently offers availability in R-class is RHO.
Xandrios and powergean like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by powergean
,,On this basis, we would like to offer you a ticket to any destination of our network."
Yet it's almost always been as I already described ​​​​​​.
powergean likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
I recently missed my connection in Athens and received a printed letter which stated something similar, yet a bit different (if I find the letter again, I can send a pic):

first, it clarified that it would be only valid for a one-way ticket in the same class and on the same route as the flight that was delayed (I don't know whether in my case it means the 2 legs, or only the one you missed), and pending availability.
Plus taxes are on you...
powergean likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:35 pm

I was also pleasantly surprised by this gesture. Delay of 2 hours on an international flight upgraded with a coupon from Economy to Business and I received a 'free' ticket for an international flight in Business Class. Still happy even though I'll have to pay the 20€ fee + taxes. I don't know of any other airlines that offer this type of compensation when they're not required to do so.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:16 am

Programs: MM silver, Flying blue Platinum, A3 gold, Marriott platinum, IHG gold
My flight ATH-RHO was delayed (1h20mins). I received similar letter: free domestic ticket (too need to pay taxes only, ticket valid 1 year).
powergean likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by powergean;[url=tel:34451965
34451965[/url]],,On this basis, we would like to offer you a ticket to any destination of our network."
Rules & Conditions:
 This letter is a voucher for one (1), one-way ticket, for point to point travel, with confirmed seat upon availability.
 The customer can make use of this letter on a route (Domestic/International) and Class of Service (Business/Economy) as his originally booked
ticket.
 This letter is personal and not transferable. It is valid for Aegean or Olympic Air operating flights only («Code Share» flights are not included).
 Reservation and Issuing can only be made through Aegean Ticket Desks on all Domestic airports [Stations of Public Services Obligation (PSO)
Routes are not included], or through the Reservations Department, within reasonable time before the desired date of travel.
 This voucher is valid for traveling within one year from the date this letter was issued, with the exception of the period from 20th December to
10th January, the week of Easter as well as the week that follows and during July and August.
 Airport taxes and service charge are not included.

I love beating a dead nag......
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:55 am

Too bad it's not transferable ​​​​​​.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: MM silver, Flying blue Platinum, A3 gold, Marriott platinum, IHG gold
Originally Posted by nikolask
I was also pleasantly surprised by this gesture. Delay of 2 hours on an international flight upgraded with a coupon from Economy to Business and I received a 'free' ticket for an international flight in Business Class. Still happy even though I'll have to pay the 20€ fee + taxes. I don't know of any other airlines that offer this type of compensation when they're not required to do so.
Are you sure it is business?
Part of the email I received states: "The customer can make use of this letter on a route (Domestic/International) and Class of Service (Business/Economy) as his originally booked
ticket."
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
So I got that email, after a flight that was on-time. Connection also seems on-time.

Today, we acknowledge that the services provided were rather far from our standards. We wish though, to welcome you on one of our future flights and have the opportunity to provide you with our authentic services. On this basis, we would like to offer you one reduced fare ticket for a forthcoming flight. Please follow the below URL for further information:https://en.aegeanair.com/-/media/fil...kets_a3_oa.pdfThank you and looking forward to welcome you on board soon!
The only issue on the flight was that the espresso machine was out of service. Any idea why I would get the "free ticket" *** subject to 1000 conditions email?
Old Nov 19, 2022, 6:21 am

I had one of these recently too for a free flight in international business. I filled in a post flight survey and said I was disappointed with the service - the first drink was 75 minutes after take off and on the basis of recent experience, there are no longer drinks before meals on even the longest services - ATH- ARN/HEL/LHR. Anyway a voucher appeared. Nice to get, I haven't tried to use it yet.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 3:23 am

I got one of these today. The email looked suspicious: there was nothing wrong with my flight, which landed about 15 minutes late; nothing wrong with the service; and I don't remember ever filling their survey.
I hesitated before I clicked on the link; and then it downloaded a very weird PDF (specifically, with no code nor even my name on it). I must admit I was certain this was a scam until I read this thread...

So how do I book my "free" flight? How can know I'm eligible? And if the original reservation was in Y but I successfully bid for an upgrade, will the free leg be in Y or in C?

Shuly

Last edited by shuly; Jun 21, 2023 at 8:26 am
Old Jun 21, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: A3 gold, BA silver, IHG platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shuly
I got one of these today. The email looked suspicious: there was nothing wrong with my flight, which landed about 15 minutes late; nothing wrong with the service; and I don't remember ever filling their survey.
I hesitated before I clicked on the link; and then it downloaded a very weird PDF (specifically, with no code nor even my name on it). I must admit I was certain this was a scam until I read this thread...

So how do I book my "free" flight? How can know I'm eligible? And if the original reservation was in Y but I successfully bud for an upgrade, will the free leg be in Y or in C?

Shuly
Got a really similar experience to yours 6-7 months ago
Y-class ticket, upgraded to c-class with a coupon. nothing really wrong with delays or service, except the tray in the middle seat was broken. Got the letter exactly as you before even takeoff
No names or anything in the letter. But it was a C-class "free" ticket . And you had to pay 23 ticket issuance fee + taxes + a small YQ surcharge
you have to call A3, and tell them when the letter was sent to you. They'll find it in your account and then redeem it. Although finding R-class availability is hard...
Old Jun 21, 2023, 8:25 am

Cool. Thanks a lot!

Shuly
Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:45 am

It's impossible to find availability. I have tried various destinations and dates and the response is always negative.
I am going to tell them, find me availability anywhere any date, to see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.