Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Business "P" Class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
In Star Alliance, metal counts. So if your flight is operated by SQ you will get miles based on SQ chart, in whatever class LH P maps to.
Thanks, fransknorge,

Does anybody know which bucket LH P maps to in SQ?
Given that Z, C, J, D, U buckets on SQ earn on A3, does it even matter? Would all SQ operated business flights earn on A3?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by EI147
Thanks, fransknorge,

Does anybody know which bucket LH P maps to in SQ?
Given that Z, C, J, D, U buckets on SQ earn on A3, does it even matter? Would all SQ operated business flights earn on A3?
SQ KrisFlyer gives 125% mileage on LH operated P class flights. No punishment evident here! The lowest business fare on SQ operated flights is D (lite) followed by U and both these fare buckets receive 125% on M&B.

Last edited by johnirvine; Jun 5, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Here's a positive spin on the 'punish' fares.. but it involved irrops

Flying back from Munich to Amsterdam I was offered a 65€ upgrade. Seeing as it was an eco fare in a non-earning bucket I thought why not.. Presumably booked in to P. Anyhow, the return was cancelled 30min before departure for unknown reasons. The lounge only had a few options available. KLM was offered the following day, at which point I knew they were struggling. Asked if there was any Star Alliance options and she could only find MUC-ZRH-AMS in J class.

2000 miles a sector in J is very nice (but still waiting for the 1000 LX J to post..)
romans and giorginho like this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by OttoMH
Here's a positive spin on the 'punish' fares.. but it involved irrops

Flying back from Munich to Amsterdam I was offered a 65€ upgrade. Seeing as it was an eco fare in a non-earning bucket I thought why not.. Presumably booked in to P. Anyhow, the return was cancelled 30min before departure for unknown reasons. The lounge only had a few options available. KLM was offered the following day, at which point I knew they were struggling. Asked if there was any Star Alliance options and she could only find MUC-ZRH-AMS in J class.

2000 miles a sector in J is very nice (but still waiting for the 1000 LX J to post..)
That's a nice outcome. I also have "good" experiences on punish fare+IRROPS.
I had booked a flight BRU-HKG RT in business P class in March 2020 when Covid start to hit Europe and flight cancellations started to kick in over the whole world. It was not easy to get rebooked but I am a FTer so although my options were limited, I really wanted TG as a rebooking as it would give me 200% A3 miles . At the moment I arrived at the airport to check-in, Thailand banned transit for foreign passengers without PCR test, which was not easy to get last-minute back in the days. I then got rebooked to LH in Z class which gave us 150% A3 miles and I arrived right before EU went in lockdown 8).
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ermis177
Yes. The P stands for Punishment. Lufthansa has decided to give 0 miles to people spending 2k for a ticket if they don’t credit to miles no more program Personally, LH has lost around 30k-40k from me in the last 5 years as I will always book other carries due to this but I am sure LH doesn’t care for such a small amount
Same here. I avoid LH P like it’s the plague. Got burned once, and that was enough — especially since that LH P fare was more expensive than the alternatives I would have purchased if I had known what P fares meant for mileage credit.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:33 am

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
Agree P Fares are Punishment

I am in exactly the same boat. I joined the Aegean programme as I visit Greece regularly.

Booked a Lufthansa cheap Business fare when they had some deals going earlier this year.

I hate travelling down the motorway to London Heathrow or Gatwick and prefer the easy connectivity in my local UK airport as I can get home in 1/2 hr. Therefore Star Alliance it is as there are multiple options with Brussels Airlines / Lufthansa / & Swiss from Birmingham in the UK to the Star Alliance Network.

Received my Miles going to SKG for both BHX-FRA & FRA-SKG as I think that element of the ticket had been classified as D class. I have to say the service & food in Aegean is WAY better than Lufty so you really want to choose them where possible.

BUT Inbound - no credit whatsoever as after checking with Aegean I noticed it was a labelled as P class on the ticket. Frankly I feel conned as all Business tickets previously with all other airlines in any inventory category have come with Mileage accumulation. It's left me with a sour taste in my mouth

The result is it's now a slog down to Heathrow where I'm booked on BA when I take the family * 6 to Rhodes in Oct.

Auf Wiedersein Lufthansa!
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:40 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
At least you can credit those segments to something like United where the miles won't expire.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:15 am

And since you're already enrolled in Miles&Bonus and travel to Greece a lot, you can also keep an eye out for deals on Aegean flights and get your status upgraded easier than flying with other star alliance partners.
steveggetit likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
FYI If you book an Eco Saver ticket on LO (eg RBD of 'L') and get an upgrade accepted via Plusgrade it credits as Z. So you get 105% instead of 25%
Xandrios and eugnk like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.