Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

How to look up *A partner inventory for Biz redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Hello: this is my first time posting in this forum. I have done some perusal here but cannot find recent answers. Therefore, I am posting my questions here:

1. I used the online booking tool to try to seek an award ticket from the US west coast to HKG. However, all the results shown are in Econ. ==> How do I find Biz class inventory? The other *A account is United, which shows all sorts of inventory, but I don't know which is applicable to Aegean.

2. I have not dealt with Aegean phone agents before but expect them to not be the most customer-oriented. How should I guide them to help me find suitable inventory?

3. What are the change and cancellation policies of these award tickets? With Covid being a wildcard in that region of the world, I need flexibility.

I have purchased Aegean miles but have not done any redemption before. I am currently a Silver member, if this means anything at all. Thank you very much for your time and help.

Last edited by Barkinpark; Apr 24, 2022 at 11:31 am Reason: Typo corrected
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
A3 has a few limitations on redemptions.
1. There has to be I inventory.
2. The routing has to be non-stop or 1 stop. There can be an extra stop only if it is seen as a fuel stop example being EVA routing AMS-BKK-TPE. The flight number don't change in BKK so it is allowed.
The agents can be fine but they will refer back to the Online availability. You can't book anything funkier than what shown on the website most of the time. Which has it benefits as the website gives weird results when it runs out of 1 stop options.
You can find the availability by slowly going through with A3 search engine but is will be very slow. Easier option is using United.com or Air Canada Aeroplan website. Here you want to look for saver inventory for business it is I. I did a search on united and LAX-HKG partner I inventory prices out at 99k. From you starting points it might be different.
With A3 you redemptions will be limited to main exit points from the west coast (SFO,LAX,SEA,YVR) as if you need the one stop within the US your only way to HKG will be with UA.
The tickets are easily cancellable with a small fee. (€20)
Your status does not impact anything in this process.
Barkinpark and giorginho like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Multiple-carrier routing

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
A3 has a few limitations on redemptions.
1. There has to be I inventory.
2. The routing has to be non-stop or 1 stop.
The agents can be fine but they will refer back to the Online availability. You can't book anything funkier than what shown on the website most of the time. .
Thank you for your extensive answer. Does Aegean allow legal itineraries flown by two carriers (e.g., SQ and TG)?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Thank you for your extensive answer. Does Aegean allow legal itineraries flown by two carriers (e.g., SQ and TG)?
Absolutely. Also long as both carrier have inventory and the transit is less then 24 hours. An more and it counts as a stopover and that is not allowed. The online tool can also go a bit wonky when it stretches to the very long layovers.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:37 pm

Let me add that they do allow more than 1 stop, but then you're charged for two awards.

I recently booked REP-SIN-IST-NCE for 60k miles (one-way, economy). (The new terminal in IST is awful. If you hate people, you should become an airport terminal designer. You will find employment in Turkey.)

Last edited by sokolov; Apr 24, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by sokolov
Let me add that they do allow more than 1 stop, but then you're charged for two awards.

I recently booked REP-SIN-IST-NCE for 60k miles (one-way, economy). (The new terminal in IST is awful. If you hate people, you should become an airport terminal designer. You will find employment in Turkey.)
Agree, this airport should have be designed with at least 2 terminals. It's massive, way too big and too far away (without any hotel around). I'm missing Ataturk very much. It was busy, dirty and messy but at least it was fast / easy to navigate with tons of hotels around and easy access to the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.