Impressed with A3

Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:38 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Impressed with A3

Just flew on Aegean for the first time and I was really impressed with the experience. The flights were on time. J service was nice and I couldn't believe they had a full meal service with 2 hot choices on a very short ATH-IST flight. Crews were smiling and helpful. The ex-Schengen lounge in ATH is amazing. My only complaint is the connection experience in ATH. I was coming from a Schengen flight and connecting to IST, and I had to exit via baggage claim/customs and re-enter security. It would be great if there was a more streamlined connection experience between the terminals.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by Far Siren
Just flew on Aegean for the first time and I was really impressed with the experience. The flights were on time. J service was nice and I couldn't believe they had a full meal service with 2 hot choices on a very short ATH-IST flight. Crews were smiling and helpful. The ex-Schengen lounge in ATH is amazing. My only complaint is the connection experience in ATH. I was coming from a Schengen flight and connecting to IST, and I had to exit via baggage claim/customs and re-enter security. It would be great if there was a more streamlined connection experience between the terminals.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Far Siren
...{snip}...My only complaint is the connection experience in ATH. I was coming from a Schengen flight and connecting to IST, and I had to exit via baggage claim/customs and re-enter security. It would be great if there was a more streamlined connection experience between the terminals.
This is due to a) the layout of the airport and b) it would require additional police (passport control) and security agents: A3 can't change the former and it can not interfere in the latter. But you're right, it does indeed shorten the actual connection time.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by KLouis
This is due to a) the layout of the airport and b) it would require additional police (passport control) and security agents: A3 can't change the former and it can not interfere in the latter. But you're right, it does indeed shorten the actual connection time.
I much prefer this experience than the non-schengen to non-schemgen security on ground floor, small, slow and always crowdy.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
A3 is my preferred Intra European airline.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:41 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
They used to be the best intra European J class airline pre covid. They are still amazing and the non Schengen lounge is just stunning... but it's time they bring back the food and wine menu we used to have before, now the food service and food are cheap compared to what it used to be. But again, it's a great airline and I will always prefer them to any direct flight when possible ))
blackball and yurtripper like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.