Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AEGEAN Pass

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2023, 5:53 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold

The Aegean website says the following:
Can I change an AEGEAN Pass flight date?
Yes. All AEGEAN Pass flights, have unlimited free changes. See more on Fare rules for Flex Fare. Be aware that the pre-selected advance purchase time must be met in case of ticket change. The date of the new flight should follow the selected advance purchase time.

The way I understand it: You can change the date of your flight multiple times at any time, but you can only choose a flight that's 30 days from now.

But let's hear what the pass users have to say.
powergean likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 5:55 am

For the 7-day pass you can make changes until the last moment (prior to departure I think). I do not think the 30-day pass is different.

Example:

Today: January 1st
Flight date: January 3rd

I can change the ticket, but I can only change it for a flight departing on January 8th (= January 1st + 7 days) or later.

Last edited by Flyer1F1; Feb 3, 2023 at 6:01 am
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:03 am

Programs: A3 Silver, Best Western Diamond, Booking.com Genius Level 3, WN Companion Pass, NK Gold
Originally Posted by Flyer1F1
For the 7-day pass you can make changes until the last moment (prior to departure I think). I do not think the 30-day pass is different.

Example:

Today: January 1st
Flight date: January 3rd

I can change the ticket, but I can only change it for a flight departing on January 8th (= January 1st + 7 days) or later.
Thank you, this is very helpful! So the 30-day, 7-day, and 0-day are the days in advance you must book the original flight, and the days in advance you can reschedule a flight?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 2:28 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by tmobiley
Thank you, this is very helpful! So the 30-day, 7-day, and 0-day are the days in advance you must book the original flight, and the days in advance you can reschedule a flight?
Not quite - the number of days indicates the advance purchase but as others have noted - once a flight is selected you can change it almost up until departure, however, your new flight selection has to satisfy the advance purchase requirement for the package you've selected.
KATERGOO and giorginho like this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 2:57 pm

Yes, can only choose a flight that's 30 days from now.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 11:46 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Are there changes afoot with AEGEAN Pass? I ask because I just tried to buy one and "the service is currently unavailable" and has been all morning.

I'm a bit annoyed because I have to plan two trips to Crete in the coming weeks. Last night I worked out the cheapest way was with "Pass" and paid connecting Olympic flights on routes not covered by it. This morning I booked the four connecting flights first, figuring the prices and availability might change, went back to buy the pass and now can't. I'm worried they're going to significantly increase the prices or change the terms as it has become a much better deal recently due to rising fares in general.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 7:25 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Yes, there has been a significant price increase. CDG-ATH 6 flights - 0 days was 546€ in January. It now is 630€.
+15% 😅
Old Mar 10, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Yes, there has been a significant price increase. CDG-ATH 6 flights - 0 days was 546€ in January. It now is 630€.
+15% 😅
10% increase on the domestic pass I was going to buy at 11pm last night. Damn.

On the plus side, the screen layout of what's available is clearer now.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 9:35 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
And they have introduced summer-only passes, as well as group passes.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 9:56 am

Germany-Pass now finaly including Berlin. 😁
Old Mar 10, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Looks like they have added Rome, Barcelona as well as Paros, Naxos and Milos (maybe more than those).
Old Mar 10, 2023, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by vectrox
Germany-Pass now finaly including Berlin. 😁
The ATH-DUS pass had its price increase by 10€ per Ticket for the 6 ticket pass. It now costs exactly the same as the Germany pass..... What are they smoking?
I also don't know what the "normal" prices for flights such as ATH-PASS are, but I find the prices of the summer pass to be extremely high (higher than the.... German pass ​​​​​​).
Old Mar 12, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Does anybody have any idea of the reasoning that flights with the pass can only be upgraded using the vouchers? I mean, I haven't bought a pass yet, but I check them every now and then and every time I look at them, I always see that condition mentioned and I don't really understand. I mean, if someone is willing to offer a bid for an upgrade, they can then choose to accept it or not. And if it makes financial sense for them with the amount offered, they can accept it and if it doesn't, then they reject it. I don't really see what they are gaining by disabling that option completely. But maybe someone on here understands that better?
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Does anybody have any idea of the reasoning that flights with the pass can only be upgraded using the vouchers? I mean, I haven't bought a pass yet, but I check them every now and then and every time I look at them, I always see that condition mentioned and I don't really understand. I mean, if someone is willing to offer a bid for an upgrade, they can then choose to accept it or not. And if it makes financial sense for them with the amount offered, they can accept it and if it doesn't, then they reject it. I don't really see what they are gaining by disabling that option completely. But maybe someone on here understands that better?
It's just a policy they decided.
It doesn't have to make sense to the travellers.
For some reason they thought they wanted to launch it like that.
It's not the only thing that doesn't make sense.
Example 1: Sometimes voucher upgrade only clears at the gate! So (Silver) customer misses extra baggage allowance and lounge access!
Example 2: Sometimes voucher upgrade does not clear at all, but once on-board you realise that business has empty seats!
Example 3: Communications customers send through the webform (the only way to send an "email") are sometimes IGNORED for months or forever! And if you call for the same matter, they tell you they can't do anything about it, and the only contact option is to send a web form.

There are many examples that not only don't make ANY sense, they are obviously just WRONG. Still, they happen, and they don't do anything to resolve them and prevent from happening again in the future.
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
... I don't really see what they are gaining by disabling that option completely.
Is this actually true, I mean is there absolutely no "upgrade bid" option available while managing a booking made with the pass? If so, this is especially strange, given the fact that upgrade bid is even available for award tickets, that aren't upgradeable by any other means at all! I thought the "only with vouchers" was meant to simply exclude miles upgrades, that it only has to do with the options for "free" upgrades, the bidding system usually has absolutely nothing to do with these processes .
Originally Posted by ariadgr_
Example 1: Sometimes voucher upgrade only clears at the gate! So (Silver) customer misses extra baggage allowance and lounge access!
Example 2: Sometimes voucher upgrade does not clear at all, but once on-board you realise that business has empty seats!
While I do agree that there are cases, in which Aegean handles matters in a way that makes little sense and/or is wrong, these two examples aren't necessarily such cases. There are people who fly other airlines, who even pay for an upgrade after boarding the plane! I guess that makes even less sense to you, but I'm sure it does make sense to them. Keeping business with empty seats, while having outstanding upgrade requests or even bids could be a glitch of the system or it could very well be a strategic plan to, in a way, let you know, that "on this route, at this time of the year, you can't get a free upgrade, next time be sure to pay" or something like that, which, while I also hate, I do kind of understand. That being said, I think if you try your luck with a decent check-in agent (meaning basically at Aegean's hubs and with Aegean's own personnel), then I'd say you have at least a 80-90% chance (of course provided that business still has seats available) to get your upgrade to clear by about the time you reach the lounge).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.