Onboard WiFi - roll out and experiences

Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:17 am

Xandrios! Same to me yesterday. Thanks god i was flying on business and dident pay for it.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 9:34 am

Do the neos have on board wifi?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 9:39 am

Not all. Yesterday i came on sx-neo , the very first neo ans was only the stream. 2 weeks ago on a a321 neo was wifi, but useless, was not working mybe only for 2 min during a flight 4 hours..
Anubis13 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Flew SX-NAA (321neo) on Feb 22nd - I had decided to try out the "Stream" package by paying and then asking for a refund (since the problem of being A3 Gold in biz and being charged remains). I was charged, but the internet connection was not working at all. I emailed CS after, was refunded, and also given a free voucher for the Stream package to use by the end of 2022.

Flew SX-NEC (320neo) on March 25th - Flawless connection for the entire flight (~3 hours). Wifi was enabled even as we were boarding and internet was available shortly after we were airborne (but again, only got the Text & Surf package for free despite flying business).

The great news: I was able to stream Netflix without any issues, for the entire flight! I confirmed with speedtest that I was on 1.5 Mbps.

-------------------------------------------
The latest stats (update):

Wifi Enabled:
SX-NEC A320-NEO
SX-NAC A321-NEO
SX-NAB A321-NEO
SX-NAA A321-NEO (upd 22/2 internet was not working)

Wifi unavailable:
SX-NEO A320-NEO

SX-NED A320-NEO (upd 21/2)
Old Apr 2, 2022, 4:33 am

Flew SX-NAD (321neo) on March 31st - Despite being in business, the issue that you do not get the Stream package for free (if you are A3 Gold), remains. The experience was very similar to that I had previously on SX-NEC (that one being impeccable). This time there were maybe 1-2 few-minute breaks in the internet connection, during the 3 hour flight. I did not try streaming Netflix with the Text & Surf package, but instead I connected to the company VPN, and was able to do all my work without major issues (comms apps, email, etc.). In fact, I did not even take a half day off for my flight, I was able to do home office in the air

All in all, I am so far very happy they've added this service - they must fix the issue with being unable to get the Stream package for free, but even the Text & Surf package seems to be more than enough for me.

-------------------------------------------
The latest stats (update):

Wifi Enabled:
SX-NEC A320-NEO
SX-NAC A321-NEO
SX-NAB A321-NEO
SX-NAA A321-NEO (upd 22/2 internet was not working)

SX-NAD A321-NEO (upd 31/3)

Wifi unavailable:
SX-NEO A320-NEO

SX-NED A320-NEO (upd 21/2)
romans likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:16 pm

So I am not sure how you get the NEOS type, I flew on a A321-NEO and i was economy with my gold status i was more than happy with the free text and surf, it worked quite well on my case. As you say wifi is open but actually gets enabled after the take-off and gets disabled just before landing.
Old May 3, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: A3 *G, Amex Plat, BA Bronze
as a data point I flew on three Wifi equipped segments this last weekend and on all of them neither myself or my partner couldn't logon to the Internet with our M+B credentials - every time it gave the error that it couldn't validate our credentials. However we could happily login directly to the Aegean site using said credentials so clearly something was wrong in the backend.
cad-spe likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Jacksong
as a data point I flew on three Wifi equipped segments this last weekend and on all of them neither myself or my partner couldn't logon to the Internet with our M+B credentials - every time it gave the error that it couldn't validate our credentials. However we could happily login directly to the Aegean site using said credentials so clearly something was wrong in the backend.
When did you try logging on? When the plane is on the ground, and until the internet kicks in, it has never been possible for me to successfully log on - I got an error. I just waited a bit to get to (close to) cruising altitude, and then it worked fine every time.
Old May 3, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Amex Plat, BA Bronze
Pretty much intermittently through the whole flight on all three of them, 2 of the segments were LHR>ATH and back so plenty of time to try in the air. Just wouldn't recognise the details. I have contacted Aegean just in case there is a problem with our accounts or somesuch but we'll see.
Old May 16, 2022, 1:26 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I was on SX-NEA twice today, in Econ, so I was trying out the internet connection.
But it refused to accept my M&B account as proof of gold status and thus no free connection. Tried both from Android phone and laptop to no avail.
Connection was working though, I could claim the 10 minutes free pack, but not the gold stream pack.

--added
Exactly the same as reported here
Originally Posted by Jacksong

Last edited by intuition; May 16, 2022 at 1:40 pm
Old May 16, 2022, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That is pretty bad By logging in using the PNR the system also didn't recognise the status?
Old May 16, 2022, 11:15 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Correct, log in via PNR did not accept me. Not sure if that's supposed to work unless you are in business class though? I had gold card registered on PNR so that can be picked up if the system is smart enough.

Using app and clicking the "Aegean Stream" menu item only said I was not connected.

Login in app worked. Login to Aegean.com in browser worked, so no problems with credentials there. It was just the portal that didn't accept my credentials.

I'm using membership number and password to login, if that has anything to with it.

Last edited by intuition; May 16, 2022 at 11:37 pm Reason: More explanations
Old May 17, 2022, 8:32 am
Moderator, Finnair

And today in J on SX-NAD.
log in via PNR and name worked fine from desktop. Was identified as Business -Gold and offered a choice between free "text&surf" and stream. Stream worked flawlessly, and I was not limited to the smaller pack.

From phone I still had some issues.I could log in but not choose any pack from some browsers. Worked from Android webview
I did not try log in with card number this time.
giorginho likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:24 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks for reporting back. This is also the first report of the Stream package actually working. Previously in C one would only get the Surf package for free (Stream was still paid). If you do not mind me asking, did you fly on a paid J fare, or an upgraded Economy fare?
Old May 17, 2022, 11:25 am
Moderator, Finnair

Paid J fare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.