Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by powergean
Rout?
CDG - ATH
powergean likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:57 pm

You are almost here:-)) Just left Thessaloniki.
blackball likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:50 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by blackball
Update: truly impossible to get the 15 Mbps for free. It recognizes me as gold, but not business class. I've tried logging in with my pnr, as well as with my M&B credentials. Nada. ....
Yeah, that was exactly what I suspected. They detected gold status and apparently that trumps class of service.
So golds in business better not add their number to the booking...
blackball likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:07 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Was that an economy fare upgraded, or a regular business class booking?

The former is often recognized as economy (used to say economy at online check in for example), so if it's an upgraded fare that may play a role.

Edit: was that SX-NEC? Let's maintain a list of registrations that are equipped with wifi.

Per 18 Feb 22:
SX-NEC: YES
SX-NEO: NO

Do we have any further confirmations of having/not having wifi for certain registrations?
blackball likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Was that an economy fare upgraded, or a regular business class booking?

The former is often recognized as economy (used to say economy at online check in for example), so if it's an upgraded fare that may play a role.
I thought the same- but no, this was outright business (Z).

Edit: was that SX-NEC? Let's maintain a list of registrations that are equipped with wifi.

Per 18 Feb 22:
SX-NEC: YES
SX-NEO: NO

Do we have any further confirmations of having/not having wifi for certain registrations?
Yes, it was SX-NEC. Forgive my ignorance, but apart from looking up the flight here, how do you know what reg your plane is? Is there a more obvious way I'm missing?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Yeah, that was exactly what I suspected. They detected gold status and apparently that trumps class of service.
So golds in business better not add their number to the booking...
Ugh... If this is the case, sounds like a bad implementation. I will write to customer service (or call, maybe), to ask about this issue.

I fly again next Tuesday, this time it should be an A321neo. I will try to screenshot the procedure for the benefit of others. Btw, the PNR and/or M&B login is required- so have this info handy!
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:33 pm

Yes, it was SX-NEC. Forgive my ignorance, but apart from looking up the flight here, how do you know what reg your plane is? Is there a more obvious way I'm missing?
One fairly obvious way is to check the outside of your plane. This works best on remote stands - terminal/jet bridge layout and lighting conditions after dark may not always allow for unobstructed views of the rear end or the wing.

Registration SX-DVL

Registration 9H-QEH - underwing
blackball and giorginho like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 3:24 am

I thought the same- but no, this was outright business (Z).

Thanks. I've always found the easiest method to check flight radar, as I typically do that anyway to see if the inbound flight is on time. If the inbound flight is delayed (eg ATH-CDG) then your outbound flight (cdg-ath) will likely also be delayed.

Alternatively you could check the website of the airport. Some (not all) show the registration with the flight info. Alternatively it's printed on the side of the aircraft though that may not always be easy to see/read.
GUWonder and PJS Taylor like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:29 am

I've flown Sx-nac today which was wifi enabled. It definitely does not work correctly yet.. At all.

The same experience as reported earlier: flying business class the streaming package still requires payment. And while the system was obviously connected (I was able to login to my M+B profile) I was unable to activate the wifi package for the first two hours of the flight. It would just come back with an unknown error.

Then suddenly it let me activate. Speed was a little lower than advertised (about 1mbit on speedtest.net). But after a few minutes the internet access was lost for other websites, only the Aegean website was reachable. It was the live website as well, as I could retrieve flight status and such. Other websites would just come back with a connection-reset error.

So the issues are not with the actual connection to the ground. But rather the access to the internet. Quite disappointing and bad experience.
Alexandros Bravos likes this.

Last edited by Xandrios; Feb 19, 2022 at 11:01 am
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:13 pm

I flew SX-NAB. Wifi announcements were made.

I did use my booking (upgraded to C with coupons) so as to get the streaming option, however the system just recognized me as gold, so I only got the text&surf option. On fast.com, the speed was around 1Mbit (slightly more or less). There was time in the activation, but i think that was because we were still in low attitude (i got the warning also in the system), but after that it was okay-ish. It was a very delayed night flight, so maybe not many people used the option? I did have a slight issue reconnecting after i fell asleep a bit, but dis- and re-connecting solved it.

So, it's a good option for checking things and stay tuned with your plans and work, but I would not rely on it for crucial matters.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:48 pm

I'm assuimg no non-golds have tried it in business class yet to offer a data point (if the "business package" works at all)? Like travel companions or even a fellow traveler (who may have been struggling with it too, as to spark a short conversation about it)? I could add data points to both cases, but no sooner than in 4 months from now ​​​​​​.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:13 am

I'm assuming not. On my flight a few days ago I don't think anyone in the business cabin was attempting to use the internet at all.

The latest stats:

Wifi Enabled:
SX-NEC A320-NEO
SX-NAC A321-NEO
SX-NAB A321-NEO

Wifi unavailable:
SX-NEO A320-NEO
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:20 am

Few impressions from my recent flight. Initial landing page:

After logging in. Note that logging in using either PNR or M+B credentials works, so there is some connectivity available.

Available options after logging in using business class PNR:

The connection-error kept popping up for the first two hours or so:

Then suddenly it worked for a few minutes. Ran a speedtest:

Which was quickly followed by the following error until we were coming in to land. Funnily enough when it started working again we were definitely below 10,000 feet and on final.

Note that it says "Connection Reset" rather than an unreachable error. This is the result of some firewall or access control device blocking the service.

Well, at least it gave me the opportunity to enjoy the view outside. Winter time does make Evia look good:

Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:22 am

Update.

The latest stats:

Wifi Enabled:
SX-NEC A320-NEO
SX-NAC A321-NEO
SX-NAB A321-NEO

Wifi unavailable:
SX-NEO A320-NEO

SX-NED A320-NEO (upd 21/2)
Xandrios likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:03 am

Yesterday on the Athen London flight A600 on business, the wifi was absolutly useless, not only for me, for everybody...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.