Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Black Friday sale

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2022, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by ErnstH
I just have had my first black Friday sale credited. I received even more miles than anticipated.. 😁

AMS-ATH-SKG in U comfort flex (I am gold, so +20% award miles)
AMS-ATH: 1355 tier, 11382 award
ATH-SKG: 500 tier, 4200 award

I received 8,4x the award miles compared to the amount of tier miles, whereas I was expecting 6x * 1,2x. I think perhaps the promotional miles are in addition to the normally credited miles.. 👍 (that would indeed yield 8,4)
very nice
Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:58 am

Seems like a (very interesting) error in the programming behind the promotion. In the past such "2x" or "3x" miles offers have always credited "as expected" (for example the 3x promotion I recently received credited as 1x "normal" miles (times status factor) and then separately another 2x (times status factor) with the indication that they came from the 3x promotion.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Just wanted to share my experience too. I received within 24 hours 1x the expected award miles + 6x the award miles which is then multiplied by 20%. My flight to a Greek island credited as a whopping 30k award miles with my +1... So our return winter trip to the Greek Islands earns us 60k award miles ! I'm glad that I have another trip planned next month
KATERGOO, romans and giorginho like this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by giorginho
Seems like a (very interesting) error in the programming behind the promotion. In the past such "2x" or "3x" miles offers have always credited "as expected" (for example the 3x promotion I recently received credited as 1x "normal" miles (times status factor) and then separately another 2x (times status factor) with the indication that they came from the 3x promotion.
In this case, there is no separate crediting, there is a single credit transaction with all the miles (per segment obviously).
romans and giorginho like this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:09 pm

Anyone knows or has experience that if you use an upgrade voucher you're still eligible for the 6x award?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisTuff
Anyone knows or has experience that if you use an upgrade voucher you're still eligible for the 6x award?
no, you had to upgrade during promotion
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Got told by their Twitter team that no, it counts as a rebooking and you lose the promotion.

I'd say there's a chance it counts anyway, but it's not a chance I'm taking personally
Old Jan 31, 2022, 3:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by romans
no, you had to upgrade during promotion
Originally Posted by asf99
Got told by their Twitter team that no, it counts as a rebooking and you lose the promotion.

I'd say there's a chance it counts anyway, but it's not a chance I'm taking personally
I booked a ticket in U Flex and upgraded using a Gold coupon, all within the promo period. Does that apply for the bonus miles? I think I asked when calling for the upgrade directly after booking, but confirmation from somebody who did this would be great.
romans likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I booked a ticket in U Flex and upgraded using a Gold coupon, all within the promo period. Does that apply for the bonus miles? I think I asked when calling for the upgrade directly after booking, but confirmation from somebody who did this would be great.
Yes that should work. They allowed rebookings within a few days after the promo period ended. As long as you upgraded within that timeframe it's fine according to the conditions.

Agreed though, confirmation would be good!

(I regret not calling in to upgrade within the first few days myself, now it's too late...)
Old Feb 1, 2022, 6:47 am

I will add my experience as a data point.

Flight booked and upgraded during the promo period.

Schedule change/flight cancelled and outbound flight moved a day earlier.

Called to confirm that the promo would still apply. Agent confirmed that if I accept it will which I did.

Flights were flown and miles were credited as usual, without any promos. Just 1x miles.

Called to chase and was told that they will call me back. They spoke to the relevant department and according to them it doesn't matter that the flight was cancelled by Aegean and since the ticket was reissued the promo is not applicable.

Go figure and as headingwest said, "...do they want me to get on my knees and grovel for the miles every time there is a cancellation now?"
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:51 am

Cookoovaya That doesn't seem, and it actually isn't, fair at all. Their change, their cancellation, their problem, you basically "booked" those award miles the minute you booked your ticket and under the terms and conditions that were published during that time (which should also not interfere with any legislation in place to protect passenger rights). I wouldn't call it "on your knees", but rather "standing up for your rights", if you went after them for that. The only thing that would make sense is if they replied something like "sorry, our system, with regards to this promotion, can't distinguish between voluntary and involuntary re-bookings, but, of course, we recognize the problem and here are your missing miles", not simply stop after the first part of that sentence. That's one more concerning "strike", after the "take it or leave it" 10-day re-booking period for cancelled flights, both of which now appear to be policy changes from the "upper levels", instead of cases where you simply got your answer from a not-so-qualified employee...
Cookoovaya likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Well regarding my earlier post, I flew the first booking on the 14th January. The flights credited the next day, but only the normal base points. I waited a week and then sent a message via the webform, and I'm still waiting for a reply. This is after they promised the 6X miles!

As you say, they cancelled the original booking, I accepted their reroute, so they should honour the promo, no ifs or buts!
Arrivals likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA, BA, IB, TK
Well, thank you very much Cookoovaya for your experience because my case is exactly the same (they canceled my flight and offered me another one the day after) and I was thinking of taking the plane this Friday to get the points of the promotion. They also assured me that I would get exactly the x6 from the promo, but I think I'm not going to risk it and I'll ask for the money. What a disappointment.
Cookoovaya likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by closeyes
Well, thank you very much Cookoovaya for your experience because my case is exactly the same (they canceled my flight and offered me another one the day after) and I was thinking of taking the plane this Friday to get the points of the promotion. They also assured me that I would get exactly the x6 from the promo, but I think I'm not going to risk it and I'll ask for the money. What a disappointment.
If you go ahead and cancel, please let them know why.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 9:02 am

The same negative experience. Has changed dates because of initial flight was canceled by Aegean (24-27 Jan instead of 26-28 Jan). I was credited only base points and filed a claim in twitter. Today (5 days after the claim) I have received an answer:
Hello Andrei. The offer of miles is not valid in case of re-issuance of tickets that will take place from 30/11/2021 onwards. If the ticket gets reissued after the above date, even for cancelled flights, the promo will not be eligible. Therefore, in this case, the additional miles cannot be added. Thank you.
Absolute ........ and disrespect for customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.