Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Black Friday sale

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Reading the terms of these offers again it does appear to me that the 6x Miles bonus should also apply to business class tickets. The restriction to economy class is only mentioned in the discount part of the offer terms and conditions.
The terms and conditions listed under the discount and mileage offer heading state explicitly that 'the offer applies to Economy class tickets.' I would urge anyone hoping to get 6x mileage on business class bookings to personally read the advertising material thoroughly.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by johnirvine
The terms and conditions listed under the discount and mileage offer heading state explicitly that 'the offer applies to Economy class tickets.' I would urge anyone hoping to get 6x mileage on business class bookings to personally read the advertising material thoroughly.
The terms are written in such a way that it can be read multiple ways.
The first part T&C covers only the sales promo of 60% off.
Then under Miles+Bonus offer you have terms regarding 6x miles and those terms are not liked to the previous set of terms for the sale. Basically the only limits for the 6x could be that the ticket is issued by 29/11/2021 and it is a A3 or Olympic air flight. While everything else that was mentioned under T&C is if you want to get the discount.
​​​​
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Aegean have just sent out an e-mail reminder stating that the Black Friday offer will shortly end. This notification leaves no ambiguity about the economy class restriction.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:33 am

So to be clear

Any flights including connecting one like AMS-ATH-IST will qualify for this promo?

Coupon upgrade to C will result in no 6x miles? unless it's reissued by 30th Nov?

Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by mylabel
So to be clear

Any flights including connecting one like AMS-ATH-IST will qualify for this promo?

Coupon upgrade to C will result in no 6x miles? unless it's reissued by 30th Nov?

Thanks
For the first one call A3 and ask. The email does not give a undisputable answer. For the second one yes. Any reissue after Nov 30th or basically after Nov 29th will lead to lose of extra miles.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by johnirvine
Aegean have just sent out an e-mail reminder stating that the Black Friday offer will shortly end. This notification leaves no ambiguity about the economy class restriction.
Well, I got a mail at 9am this morning with a reminder of only 2 days to go. This was in German because that is where my account is based and there is no mention at all of only Economy Class. Neither in the discount nor Miles/Bonus parts.

I have booked business class LIS-ATH-LIS because the fare at around €360 return is perhaps not 60% reduced, but it is very good value for a total of 8 hours in J and will get me almost 9K status miles. I need the status miles, so it is really academic if I get the bonus miles or not.

I have booked connecting flights to LCA on separate tickets in Eco Flex and upgraded using coupons to at least get some benefit from the promotion if I am wrong about the bonus miles. Aegean have form for both being vague on terms and conditions or even interpreting them differently later, so I have hedged my bets but at least secured the status miles I will need at what I consider a very good price.

EDIT: Having just spoken to Aegean for an upgrade, the agent told me that the 6x bonus miles does indeed only apply to Economy Flights. So my LIS-ATH flights would have net me more miles in Eco than in Biz. Oh well, I need the status miles, and the price is still very good.

Last edited by Tafflyer; Nov 28, 2021 at 8:21 am
Old Nov 28, 2021, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by nk15
I made the mistake to book all my yearly A3 travel in early fall, what a mistake and a disaster that was....What is really annoying is that you cannot rebook the flights when fares drop....At least I was able to get some good I availability....
if You can upgrade some of this flights do it now...maybe You will get bonus due reissue ticket
nk15 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Ive just rebooked two upgraded flights to summer. Lets see if I'd get the extra miles. Should not, but we all know how these algorithms work at A3.

While on the phone I asked the agent about the BF promo. According to her the terms for the 60% discount excludes business class, but the terms for the X6 miles offer does not. While that is also how I read the terms as well.. you never know. I probably would not book business just for the miles as the chance of it not working is there imho.

Some math though, if it would work: AMS-ATH is 1354 miles. Regular business earnings is 3385 one-way, 6770 roundtrip. If this offer actually works...that would turn into 40K award miles - worth about 400 euros.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios

Some math though, if it would work: AMS-ATH is 1354 miles. Regular business earnings is 3385 one-way, 6770 roundtrip. If this offer actually works...that would turn into 40K award miles - worth about 400 euros.
If we want to be hypothetical then ATH-LIS round trip would earn 53625 award miles almost enough for EU-US biz award for 360-370. We can all have dreams haha (it would be possible to basically get a LHR-LAX biz ticket one way for less then 800 euros including all the taxes via Asia)
Old Nov 28, 2021, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Garimi
if You can upgrade some of this flights do it now...maybe You will get bonus due reissue ticket
I had upgraded most of these already, but there are a couple of tentative ones I have booked I could do so, but unfortunately they were booked via Expedia so I cannot do it online (very frustrating), so I have to call in. My gut feeling is that the upgraded flights should get the bonus miles as the tickets are re-issued. But for me I am not sure if they worth the hassle and inconvenience of calling, especially because they are tentative bookings and I will likely just move them to comfort flex. (J to expensive, I would rather bid for it).
Old Nov 28, 2021, 4:32 pm

nk15 are you referring to a paid upgrade by using the "change outbound flight" option in "manage my booking"? Are you sure, that the ticket gets re-issued that way? I remember reading here, that applying a voucher for an upgrade gets the ticket re-issued, but simply "changing" it online (even if "changing it" means simply booking up a fare, for example if I select the same date, but instead of my previously booked S flex fare now only K flex fares are available, so by selecting them I pay up a bit for basically the same ticket I already had!) gets the ticket re-issued?
I changed a ticket yesterday by moving the date by 2 months and changing the departure airport from Thessaloniki to Athens. As the agent told me, the booking reference code remained the same and I only got a new ticket number. Do you think this is enough "change" to get me those x6 miles? According to her, the answer is no.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 5:56 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
I've been almost thinking that this promo seems too good to be true ...
So here I am, couldn't sleep so I booked two island trips with my wife during the winter as we miss Greece a lot. We didn't have the chance to go in 2020 nor 2021 to Greece.
Took advantage of some great BF sale Comfort Flex fares that were available (only 15€ more expensive than the cheapest fare) AND... I also used the Sunshine Discount, -40% for Heraklion and -30% for Kos.

Damage: about 550€ for 2 trips and 2 pax (total of 8 segments) in Comfort Flex.
ROI: 3600 miles per trip per person * 6 multiplier BF promo * 2 persons * 2 trips = 86k miles!
I must be doing a wrong calculation as 86k seems a ton for 2 intra-EU trips ... or Aegean became very generous
romans and giorginho like this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by giorginho
nk15 are you referring to a paid upgrade by using the "change outbound flight" option in "manage my booking"? Are you sure, that the ticket gets re-issued that way? I remember reading here, that applying a voucher for an upgrade gets the ticket re-issued, but simply "changing" it online (even if "changing it" means simply booking up a fare, for example if I select the same date, but instead of my previously booked S flex fare now only K flex fares are available, so by selecting them I pay up a bit for basically the same ticket I already had!) gets the ticket re-issued?
I changed a ticket yesterday by moving the date by 2 months and changing the departure airport from Thessaloniki to Athens. As the agent told me, the booking reference code remained the same and I only got a new ticket number. Do you think this is enough "change" to get me those x6 miles? According to her, the answer is no.
I thought it might, but if she said no, that's probably correct.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Up to 60% discount, and 6X award miles. Example AMS-ATH at 60 euro in Flex (Upgradable), normally earns ~1000 miles, and with this offer 6000 miles. At 1 cent a mile that means...the ticket is basically free.

Not too bad. Unfortunately only economy though.

I just realized that I do not get any Aegean offers anymore via email.
I am still M&B Gold, but couldn't fly for the last 1.5 years due to the reason we all know.
Have they given up on me ?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 6:16 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Ive just rebooked two upgraded flights to summer. Lets see if I'd get the extra miles. Should not, but we all know how these algorithms work at A3.

While on the phone I asked the agent about the BF promo. According to her the terms for the 60% discount excludes business class, but the terms for the X6 miles offer does not. While that is also how I read the terms as well.. you never know. I probably would not book business just for the miles as the chance of it not working is there imho.
This is also how I read the terms, but it is frustrating that they don't use super clear language. Since the last two double miles promos used the same sort of language and applied to Business class I'm inclined to believe that this promo will also apply.

I think I might speculatively book a Business ticket for the spring, then wait for reports of it applying the x6 promotion or not (and ultimately cancel if not, at least it's fully refundable iirc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.