Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Black Friday sale

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The discounted fares are to/from Greece.

The mileage bonus is any A3 flight.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SAS Gold , HH Diamond
Interestingly enough when opening the page via Mobil this is shown:

Valid for all direct & connecting flights from/to Greece or within Greece, between 14/01/2022-29/10/2022

Old Nov 26, 2021, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
So basically anything you book with this promo you cannot touch or upgrade or you lose the extra miles, so it only "free" flying if you want to fly economy during the pandemic...BUT, it seems that if you can upgrade with a coupon or miles by Nov 30, then you may be good.

"• The miles offer is not valid in case a rebooking takes place after 30/11/2021 and onwards."

Last edited by nk15; Nov 26, 2021 at 9:12 pm
Old Nov 27, 2021, 3:22 am

I went into a bit of a panic-mode after getting the news yesterday, trying to already lay out my/our plans for next year as far as October right now, to take advantage of this offer.
However:
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
Also the upgrades to flex and comfort flex are very reasonably priced because of how the promo works
While this seems to be working for some of the routes I searched, flights from/to Athens (for example to/ex-DUS) still have the "original" fare difference of +12€ for Flex over Light and +45/50€ (as of June 2022 it goes up to 50€!) between Comfort Flex and Light! As if this wasn't weird enough, all fares seem to be discounted by the exact same amount, instead of the proper percentage. The S fare in the Light category in the aforementioned route, normally costs 80 Euros plus taxes, now that price is down by 24 Euros in June (which corresponds to the advertised -30% discount alright). However the Flex and Comfort Flex categories are also discounted by exactly 24 Euros, not 30%, which would have resulted in discounts of 28 and 39 Euros respectively! Feel free to check it out yourselves.
I don't know what the issue is, I called Aegean and while the agent aknowledged the "issue" using the same logic, they later came back to simply inform me, that "all prices are already reduced", which simply isn't true.

Another issue I'm facing is that since this promotion went online, all award tickets for my route between early June and late August are vanished! And I don't mean Aegean's own award space, which was already non-existent, but ALL of the possible redemptions for that route are gone! I'm sure the latter is only temporary, but the former simply made me give up the search and making plans for the moment...

Data point: A friend created a Miles&Bonus account yesterday and got instantly credited with 6000 award miles (and 1000 status miles).

edit: Berlin is also affected by this issue, Frankfurt and MUC are not.

Last edited by giorginho; Nov 27, 2021 at 3:45 am
Old Nov 27, 2021, 3:51 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
My opinion on the smaller upcharge came from some of the bookings I was looking at in which the price difference between light and flex was 5 euros and something like 15 for comfort flex. Very much worth the upcharge from Light to Flex not always for Flex to ComfoyFlex.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
My opinion on the smaller upcharge came from some of the bookings I was looking at in which the price difference between light and flex was 5 euros and something like 15 for comfort flex. Very much worth the upcharge from Light to Flex not always for Flex to ComfoyFlex.
Of course the discount works as it should on some (maybe even most?!) cases, but my point was, that there's a glitch, that leads to the discount for some routes being only applied by its percentage on Light fares and then by the exact same amount in Euros on the other 2 fare categories, so that their difference remains the same. Here are two examples, where this is working as advertised on one case and as I described on the other...

That's on dates with 30% discount, if you pick dates with 60% then you're missing out on a ~35 Euro discount of Comfort Flex!
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:15 am

Hmm so we believe that upgrading with coupons to C after the sale period would be a ticket reissue meaning that you won’t get the extra miles? That’s nasty!
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Hmm so we believe that upgrading with coupons to C after the sale period would be a ticket reissue meaning that you won’t get the extra miles? That’s nasty!
But that's always been the case with these promotions. It has worked the other way in the past, with booking made before a promotion becoming eligible for bonuses when a flight is upgraded and a new ticket issued.

I made a booking yesterday and upgraded immediately, so for 139 EUR I will get 24,072 award miles and 1 flight in J. That's almost enough award miles for any intra-Europe trip in Business Class, so it's certainly a good deal!!
romans likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 9:10 am

On the website saying: ,,

Valid for all direct & connecting flights to Greece, between 14/01 - 29/10/2022."" Where did you see the ,,from/to Greece"?

Now they changed it, 10 min after i called them.

Last edited by powergean; Nov 27, 2021 at 10:10 am
Old Nov 27, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by headingwest
But that's always been the case with these promotions. It has worked the other way in the past, with booking made before a promotion becoming eligible for bonuses when a flight is upgraded and a new ticket issued.

I made a booking yesterday and upgraded immediately, so for 139 EUR I will get 24,072 award miles and 1 flight in J. That's almost enough award miles for any intra-Europe trip in Business Class, so it's certainly a good deal!!
Except that the 6x bonus is only for Economy class travel.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Except that the 6x bonus is only for Economy class travel.
It is economy class, S Comfort Flex fare
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:41 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Reading the terms of these offers again it does appear to me that the 6x Miles bonus should also apply to business class tickets. The restriction to economy class is only mentioned in the discount part of the offer terms and conditions.
Arrivals likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I made the mistake to book all my yearly A3 travel in early fall, what a mistake and a disaster that was....What is really annoying is that you cannot rebook the flights when fares drop....At least I was able to get some good I availability....
Old Nov 28, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
I do not understand all the nitpicking discussion about what types of flights (direct, connection, to/from Greece) are included in the Black Friday offer. On the Aegean website, it states clearly ' book your trip to any destination in Greece or abroad .....' and you benefit from the offer. This statement seems to offer little scope for ambiguity.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by johnirvine
I do not understand all the nitpicking discussion about what types of flights (direct, connection, to/from Greece) are included in the Black Friday offer. On the Aegean website, it states clearly ' book your trip to any destination in Greece or abroad .....' and you benefit from the offer. This statement seems to offer little scope for ambiguity.
Because it a good offer and A3 can sometimes be tricky with there terms what every they use as the marketing tagline. At the end of the day it's their program and they dictate the rules.
Also nobody wants to just call the airline and learn what does and does not qualify

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.