Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean refunds - not full amount?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by giorginho
I'm not suggesting, that this is what you should do, but: why would you lose refundability if you were to extend the voucher (other than perhaps the duration of said extension)?
It's part of the terms. You can extend the voucher and get a 10% bonus, but it becomes nonrefundable. Top Up Voucher I guess it's more accurate to say that they'll exchange your existing voucher for a new one with an extended validity period.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JPervez
I booked 6 tickets from Riyadh to Athens for 7 June 2021 flight, but the flight was cancelled by Aegean Air, and they told me same that I should apply for credit vouchers which will be refunded after 18 months. I did so and forgot the case but I never got any mail for credit vouchers. In dec I complained about it that still got no voucher then they replied with a forwarded links email for refund but when I entered my tickets details, it came out that credit vouchers already issued. I have never received any email about credit vouchers, may be I lost or missed it in spam folder. Now how can I get those issued vouchers or my refund?. I tried to call Aegean Air many times but they always put my call on hold and never respond. Please anybody give info
I don't know if you are a Miles&Bonus member or not, but if you are, you can log in and find issued vouchers under your profile there.
JPervez likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Tennen
It's part of the terms. You can extend the voucher and get a 10% bonus, but it becomes nonrefundable. Top Up Voucher I guess it's more accurate to say that they'll exchange your existing voucher for a new one with an extended validity period.
You didn't mention anything about the 10% bonus before, that's why I was confused. Of course the +10% thing is a different case, if you accept that, you are basically entering a completely new "deal" with Aegean, as if you were purchasing a gift card or something like that.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:08 am

Question

a little bit off topic question but I have one go light booking Skg-Ath, which I will defo not use so in case if there will be no-show, can I ask for refund any taxes, airport payments or something? I can see only fare price and airport charges.1 x Adult € 5.00 Airport charges € 18.58 TOTAL € 23.58

any experiences?

EDIT: been cancelled, voucher received

Last edited by romans; Jan 24, 2022 at 12:07 pm
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:11 am

Thanks alot for ur advice

Originally Posted by headingwest
I don't know if you are a Miles&Bonus member or not, but if you are, you can log in and find issued vouchers under your profile there.
​​​​​Thanks for ur advice, it helps alot and I just found out these vouchers in Aegean Air App profile.
headingwest likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by romans
a little bit off topic question but I have one go light booking Skg-Ath, which I will defo not use so in case if there will be no-show, can I ask for refund any taxes, airport payments or something? I can see only fare price and airport charges.1 x Adult € 5.00 Airport charges € 18.58 TOTAL € 23.58

any experiences?
Some of the taxes are definitely refundable, I had to cancel a couple of very cheap go light domestic tickets myself about 2,5 years ago and got some of the taxes back. Of course I was flying ex-ATH, so I had already paid like 34€ in taxes, I think I got back something like 14€ (?). I also had some ex-CFU, where I believe I was told that due to the call center fee of 20€, there wouldn't be anything left from the taxes to be refunden (but to be honest, I can't be 100% now as to what exactly I got back and what I didn't get back). I suggest you call in advance and ask, you might have a better chance getting something back if you cancel before you no-show.
Xandrios and romans like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:02 am

I have been due a refund twice in the past 6 months. On both occasions I had to phone Aegean to sanction this, which I did, they said it would take a couple of weeks to appear. Both times I had to phone back after about two months and ask about my refund, they then said that they will do it straight away, I received them about a week later.
I think they are maybe told not to issue the refund on first call, they hope that we will forget about it, or it's for a small amount we think it's not worth the bother of us chasing it up. Even if it's for only Ł10 I want it back, they would certainly take it from us.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
I just asked for a voucher refund via social media, and they came back with: your refund will be completed in 40-45 working days.

So let's see whether it happens until then. They really encourage you to use the voucher for flights...
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
They don't take that long, the last voucher I received during the prime of Covid took less then a week. Today I requested another voucher and I am sure it'll be issued by end of week, You got a generic time frame and to get rid of you.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My voucher arrived today, it took 2 days, pretty impressive.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:25 am

I was not talking about receiving a voucher - that was always quick.
But if you want to get the voucher REIMBURSED for cash, that takes forever...
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
I was not talking about receiving a voucher - that was always quick.
But if you want to get the voucher REIMBURSED for cash, that takes forever...

I understand. they are probably overwhelmed.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:46 am

That's what they claim - I assume a big part is also cash preservation given current environment.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: A3 *G
I just got a refund (23rd January) from a flight they cancelled on 31st December and I called to arrange the refund the same day. So, not a GREAT service - nearly 4 weeks, but understandable in the circumstances and given the time of year, I guess. The promise when I called was "within 7 days".
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I just got a refund (23rd January) from a flight they cancelled on 31st December and I called to arrange the refund the same day. So, not a GREAT service - nearly 4 weeks, but understandable in the circumstances and given the time of year, I guess. The promise when I called was "within 7 days".
Was that a revenue booking or an award?

I cancelled an award booking (with flight cancellations) on their webpage on Friday and the confirmation e-mail quotes 7 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.