Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new design of website

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Miles & More, BA Executive Club
I do miss the old design, had some nostalgia
But I do think this new design is great and modern, however a little bit cluttered and they tried to make the buttons quite small and the pictures quite big....
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
The new cards look sleek, especially the gold one I'd say.
I never had one of those with the skyline but at least based on the pictures I've seen that still is my favorite one.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:41 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
The new cards look sleek, especially the gold one I'd say.
I never had one of those with the skyline but at least based on the pictures I've seen that still is my favorite one.
I was actually just going to say that I really liked the skyline one. Felt very Pan-European.
Though I do like the sort of textured appearance of the background of these cards. But still need a bit of time to get used to the logo I think...
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The new cards (and logo) definitely look more contemporary than the ones they just replaced. Sort of reminds me of a fish when looking at the online cards.

I had to do a double take to find the Aegean app on a phone since the logo on it had changed too.
romans likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
No new Android app yet.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Love the new website with the brilliant new branding. As we see the branding filter through to all aspects of check in desks / Boarding gates and lounges as I saw in SKG the brand really works and looks so much more professional compared to the old school dated one.

Dont get me wrong the old branding served A3 well but it badly needed updated. Just like my other regular airline Aer Lingus it takes time to get used to it. Cant wait to see the new uniforms.
I couldn't agree more. I liked the old image, but the new branding looks much more contemporary and professional. The new lounge at SKG is a real showcase for the new look, and the website looks much fresher. Great timing...it's almost like a rebirth as we ease out of the pandemic catastrophe.

Are they bringing out a new uniform too? That will be great.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lhrpete
No new Android app yet.
are you sure? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US
Old Oct 13, 2021, 1:45 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Did someone flew A3 today or yesterday? I hope the Apple Wallet boarding passes have a new design too.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GBobon
Did someone flew A3 today or yesterday? I hope the Apple Wallet boarding passes have a new design too.

Headingwest did, only logo is changed (Android pass, iOS should be the same)
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest
I couldn't agree more. I liked the old image, but the new branding looks much more contemporary and professional. The new lounge at SKG is a real showcase for the new look, and the website looks much fresher. Great timing...it's almost like a rebirth as we ease out of the pandemic catastrophe.

Are they bringing out a new uniform too? That will be great.
Yes new uniforms on the way but were delayed by pandemic . Fingers crossed we hear more next 3 months .
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:31 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by romans
It appeared after I posted, I've updated.
romans likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 12:43 am

The award ticket search is working in the app now. By the way the new blue card looks horrible. I guess the fact that the website's new background is now that royal blue that the old blue card used to have made it impossible for the new card to preserve its accent. But they should have done better than that ​​​​​​.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by giorginho
The award ticket search is working in the app now. By the way the new blue card looks horrible. I guess the fact that the website's new background is now that royal blue that the old blue card used to have made it impossible for the new card to preserve its accent. But they should have done better than that ​​​​​​.
Maybe its horrible to make people go for Gold lol
giorginho likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:01 am

I don't care so much about the looks of the new website, but I'm disappointed how slow/unresponsive the website is. Also, the navigation is not good. At times I reach dead ends where I can't navigate to the home page or the previous page. And sometimes using the Back button in the browser leads to a page that looks fine, but doesn't work properly.

After having searched tickets for a relation (say ATH - VIE), I may want to compare with something else (like SKG-VIE). But that's not straightforward at all. You can't just replace ATH with SKG. That throws the system off.

At one point, I had the cursor constantly jump between the FROM and the TO field, so that some letters were put in one field and some in the other. It was crazy.

Yeah, it may look nice, but the usuability has room for improvement.

And don't get me started on the accessibility. Users with limited eye sight don't seem to exist for whoever made that website. On the Web Accessibility Evaulation Tool, the homepage throws 121 errorrs, 82 contrast errors and 68 alerts. And that's just an automated test for the homepage only. That new website just seems like a big FU to the visually impaired. Did they have any blind users test that webpage during development?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sokolov
I don't care so much about the looks of the new website, but I'm disappointed how slow/unresponsive the website is. Also, the navigation is not good. At times I reach dead ends where I can't navigate to the home page or the previous page. And sometimes using the Back button in the browser leads to a page that looks fine, but doesn't work properly.

After having searched tickets for a relation (say ATH - VIE), I may want to compare with something else (like SKG-VIE). But that's not straightforward at all. You can't just replace ATH with SKG. That throws the system off.

At one point, I had the cursor constantly jump between the FROM and the TO field, so that some letters were put in one field and some in the other. It was crazy.

Yeah, it may look nice, but the usuability has room for improvement.

And don't get me started on the accessibility. Users with limited eye sight don't seem to exist for whoever made that website. On the Web Accessibility Evaulation Tool, the homepage throws 121 errorrs, 82 contrast errors and 68 alerts. And that's just an automated test for the homepage only. That new website just seems like a big FU to the visually impaired. Did they have any blind users test that webpage during development?
report them all bugs : ) I know you probably not paid for it but that's what we can do. I agree with you a lot of bugs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.