Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2021, 5:26 am
Original Poster

New routes from and to Thessaloniki

https://news.gtp.gr/2021/06/10/aegea...ations-abroad/
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:33 pm

… and lounge is still closed.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:41 pm

There is an interview of Gerogiannis saying that the lounge will open in summer. Nothing more specific.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:19 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I am there next week-end, I hope it will be open by then.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I am there next week-end, I hope it will be open by then.
flown SKG-JMK last Sunday and it was the worst ever experience with Aegean. At check-in (both of us are golds) we were asked to weigh one cabin baggage which was around 10kg with a laptop. We were advised to place it in my rucksack (which would have taken it over 10kg as I had my own laptop in there). No lounge obviously. We arrived at the gate, we were told there was no priority boarding and each hand luggage was weighed before boarding. Everything was a mess. Felt more like Ryanair than Aegean. Is it the new norm or only at SKG cause we never had such an awful experience?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:33 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

I flew today FRA-SKG and had the usual Aegean great service. No problem about me being HBO.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:20 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, LATAM*Black
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 'old' A3 lounge in the 'old' terminal/part of the airport has closed for good and A3 would be openning a new one on the new terminal.
So I wouldn't hold my breath that this is coming anytime soon, unless they've actually progressed construction during the lockdowns etc
romans likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by poromenos
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 'old' A3 lounge in the 'old' terminal/part of the airport has closed for good and A3 would be openning a new one on the new terminal.
So I wouldn't hold my breath that this is coming anytime soon, unless they've actually progressed construction during the lockdowns etc
you're right. last time (days ago) I even did not find old one.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by BA6948
flown SKG-JMK last Sunday and it was the worst ever experience with Aegean. At check-in (both of us are golds) we were asked to weigh one cabin baggage which was around 10kg with a laptop. We were advised to place it in my rucksack (which would have taken it over 10kg as I had my own laptop in there). No lounge obviously. We arrived at the gate, we were told there was no priority boarding and each hand luggage was weighed before boarding. Everything was a mess. Felt more like Ryanair than Aegean. Is it the new norm or only at SKG cause we never had such an awful experience?
My recent experience (in different stations in Greece but not ATH) was that they were focusing on golight ticket holders and were strict with weight and having only one hand-luggage. For Flex they were just tagging the bags at the gate area before boarding.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 12:56 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by BA6948
OK so I flew SKG-FRA today and can understand what you are telling.
I looked at a flight to ATH boarding at the same gate that the FRA was departing to and then at the FRA flight and in both cases, everybody except people with just one small hand luggage had to weight and measure their cabin luggage, no exception. Rules apply ruthlessly: too heavy or does not fit, to the hold. One small group in particular did not like that and made a big scene.
Boarding is by group now and business is the last group (makes sense), but it was a mess. The new hall is really poor acoustic wise and the ambiant noise level is very high, with echoes around. The announcement are not audible at all, really not. Add to that the TV display on top of each gate is very poorly designed: info, time, flight number and destination are in very small characters, unreadable unless you are directly at the gate desk.
Very poor experience for me today too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.