Wiki Posts
Search

FCO-ATH-LIS long layover in ATH

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2021, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
FCO-ATH-LIS long layover in ATH

I am trying to use a "large value" A3 voucher from last year. I can get LIS-ATH-FCO in a relatively short period of time in early Sept. BUT a few weeks later I would have an overnight return (nothing possible daytime) in ATH. Would A3 pay for that overnight? I cannot find layover policy. C-19 may have changed everything. I am trying to keep my A3 G status as well, so these sectors will help.

As I have not flown for nearly a year due to this pandemic, would it be worth flying Bus class on all 4 sectors to max the miles/points? Have not checked, but wondering if the expertise of other readers could provide "guidance". By June I will have 2 vax jabs - if that is useful info.

Last edited by tmac100; May 12, 2021 at 12:36 pm
Old May 12, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
I don't think A3 would pay for that overnight. IMO this is not usual for flights within Europe. Might be possible for an intercontinental flight, depending on the company and reservation class (ie : Turkish airlines)
powergean likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 3:08 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Unfortunately Aegean would not arrange accommodation if you choose that schedule yourself. When there is a schedule change and a short layover becomes a long/night one, perhaps, but not when you book that by choice.
giorginho likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

On Sept 9, 10, and 11th there is only one flight daily (FCO-ATH-LIS and all 3 involve an overnight stop in Athens. So in that case what happens?
Old May 14, 2021, 1:04 pm

either you do an Athens by night, or book a room at the nearby hotel or stay at the airport.
Old May 14, 2021, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chr04
either you do an Athens by night, or book a room at the nearby hotel or stay at the airport.
And such is life. I have over nighted at airports (pre-pandemic) before, so if an overnight at ATH is allowed in September, than that seems the way to go. Otherwise timings to hotels will be a pain, etc.
Old May 15, 2021, 2:26 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by tmac100
And such is life. I have over nighted at airports (pre-pandemic) before, so if an overnight at ATH is allowed in September, than that seems the way to go. Otherwise timings to hotels will be a pain, etc.
There is an area with reclined seats near the lounge. I have spent the night there a couple of times pre-pandemic and never had a problem. Actually it is easy to get a bit of sleep if you bring eyemask and headphones.
tmac100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.