Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic travel in May

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2021, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Domestic travel in May

Hello,
I try to find the official announcement regarding domestic travel after 14th may but nothing so far.
Any news or information in the local newspapers? Official link?
Old May 12, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: Le Club Accor
Today we are wait the announcement from the goverment.
Old May 12, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Published yesterday :

https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/11...autious-steps/
Old May 12, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
update :

https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/11...ons-on-may-14/
Old May 12, 2021, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Thanks guys. Useful.
Old May 13, 2021, 3:28 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The whole self-test thing is ridiculous. The number of people actually doing those tests honestly is minimal. We are seeing this at schools and shops now for the past weeks. I'm expecting that the biggest issue this summer is not going to be foreign tourists (Which are blamed for the increased infection numbers after last years summer), but rather internal tourism. Especially since foreign tourists will have been 'properly' tested upon entry, while for the people living in Greece these self tests suffice.

Especially combined with the fact that I'd expect the majority of foreign tourists to be vaccinated this summer, while within Greece that percentage is still very low (Especially aged 50 and under). Talking to people many either are against it out of principle ("Im not gonna let Bill gates inject me with microchips"), or, somehow under the impression that with the better weather the numbers will go back to the level of last years summer - and waiting until Autumn to decide if a vaccine is really necessary and safe.

Anyhow. I'm happy the ban on travel between prefectures will be lifted soon. It was a huge pain to travel from/to the airport this year (Yes I did have valid reasons to travel). With the lifted ban, family vaccinated, we can finally have a bit of freedom again - and enjoy this beautiful country.
:D! and romans like this.

Last edited by Xandrios; May 13, 2021 at 3:34 am
Old May 13, 2021, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
The whole self-test thing is ridiculous. The number of people actually doing those tests honestly is minimal. We are seeing this at schools and shops now for the past weeks. I'm expecting that the biggest issue this summer is not going to be foreign tourists (Which are blamed for the increased infection numbers after last years summer), but rather internal tourism. Especially since foreign tourists will have been 'properly' tested upon entry, while for the people living in Greece these self tests suffice.

Especially combined with the fact that I'd expect the majority of foreign tourists to be vaccinated this summer, while within Greece that percentage is still very low (Especially aged 50 and under). Talking to people many either are against it out of principle ("Im not gonna let Bill gates inject me with microchips"), or, somehow under the impression that with the better weather the numbers will go back to the level of last years summer - and waiting until Autumn to decide if a vaccine is really necessary and safe.

Anyhow. I'm happy the ban on travel between prefectures will be lifted soon. It was a huge pain to travel from/to the airport this year (Yes I did have valid reasons to travel). With the lifted ban, family vaccinated, we can finally have a bit of freedom again - and enjoy this beautiful country.
Do you heard about this? Means you need a Test even for a domestic flight, and before each domestic flights? What’s more, as of Friday, the Greek version of the “green certificate” regarding travel to the islands (with the exception of Lefkada and Evia) comes into force, either by boat or by air.

Those wishing to travel must have either a vaccination certificate (14 days after the second dose), a negative result from a PCR test carried out up to 72 hours prior, a negative result from a rapid test or self-test conducted up to 24 hours before, or documentary proof of illness. All domestic and foreign travelers over 5 years old will be obliged to comply with these conditions.

Source : https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/11...from-lockdown/
Old May 14, 2021, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
Do you heard about this? Means you need a Test even for a domestic flight, and before each domestic flights? What’s more, as of Friday, the Greek version of the “green certificate” regarding travel to the islands (with the exception of Lefkada and Evia) comes into force, either by boat or by air.

Those wishing to travel must have either a vaccination certificate (14 days after the second dose), a negative result from a PCR test carried out up to 72 hours prior, a negative result from a rapid test or self-test conducted up to 24 hours before, or documentary proof of illness. All domestic and foreign travelers over 5 years old will be obliged to comply with these conditions.

Source : https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/11...from-lockdown/
Only when travelling to the islands.
Old May 14, 2021, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Indeed.
But applies also to ferries.
Do you know how those "self test" work in Greece? where to buy etc?

Last edited by frenchft; May 14, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Old May 14, 2021, 10:59 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
You buy the self-tests at the pharmacy (They are the antigen type). School kids and teachers, as well as shop owners already do this for a few weeks (the test are free for them). Takes about 15 minutes to do the test and wait for the result (which you have to do at home/hotel - specifically not at the pharmacy).

The problem is that there is no way they can check if the pax actually performed the test, and if they did, if they were honest about the result.

Edit: Also available online. Not sure about the quality of those.
Old May 14, 2021, 1:02 pm

The 'online' ones are the same I buy from the pharmacy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.