Wiki Posts
Search

Sunshine Discount 20, 30 or 40% off

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2021, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Sunshine Discount 20, 30 or 40% off

I've not seen this offer mentioned on the forum yet and since it's running until the end of the year I thought it's worth posting. Official link is here: Sunshine Discount | Aegean Airlines
Terms and conditions: The offer is valid for one way and return flights operated by AEGEAN and Olympic Air network to Greece from/to destinations in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium and Poland. The offer is valid for bookings that will take place from 15/04/2021 until 31/12/2021 through aegeanair.com and the AEGEAN app, for flights between 15/04/2021 - 31/03/2022. The offer is calculated based on the temperature difference of the passenger’s preferred departure airport and the destination chosen in Greece. If the temperature difference is between 1° - 5°C, the discount is 20%, if the temperature difference is between 6° - 15° C, the discount is 30% and if the temperature difference is over 15° C, the discount is 40%. The offer will only be valid when the promotional code is entered in the "promotional code" field displayed in the booking form. It is not possible to use the offer through the booking process followed from the Low Fare Calendar. Only one promotional code can be used in each booking. The promo ends on 31/12/2021 at 23:59 Greek time.
The codes are SUNSHINE20 for 20% off, SUNSHINE30 for 30% off and SUNSHINE40 for 40% off
Suffice to say that the temperature difference is actually irrelevant. 40% off works on all qualifying city pairs.
Codes seem to be valid only on economy tickets.

I was unable to make the codes work on one way flights despite the T&Cs stating it's valid for one ways and returns.
bostontraveler and giorginho like this.
Old May 4, 2021, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by palcsaky
I've not seen this offer mentioned on the forum yet and since it's running until the end of the year I thought it's worth posting. Official link is here: Sunshine Discount | Aegean Airlines
Terms and conditions: The offer is valid for one way and return flights operated by AEGEAN and Olympic Air network to Greece from/to destinations in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium and Poland. The offer is valid for bookings that will take place from 15/04/2021 until 31/12/2021 through aegeanair.com and the AEGEAN app, for flights between 15/04/2021 - 31/03/2022. The offer is calculated based on the temperature difference of the passenger’s preferred departure airport and the destination chosen in Greece. If the temperature difference is between 1° - 5°C, the discount is 20%, if the temperature difference is between 6° - 15° C, the discount is 30% and if the temperature difference is over 15° C, the discount is 40%. The offer will only be valid when the promotional code is entered in the "promotional code" field displayed in the booking form. It is not possible to use the offer through the booking process followed from the Low Fare Calendar. Only one promotional code can be used in each booking. The promo ends on 31/12/2021 at 23:59 Greek time.
The codes are SUNSHINE20 for 20% off, SUNSHINE30 for 30% off and SUNSHINE40 for 40% off
Suffice to say that the temperature difference is actually irrelevant. 40% off works on all qualifying city pairs.
Codes seem to be valid only on economy tickets.

I was unable to make the codes work on one way flights despite the T&Cs stating it's valid for one ways and returns.
not possible to use vouchers = nah thank you,,,
Old May 5, 2021, 8:27 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks for posting. That actually works quite well for Economy. Which can be upgraded using coupons. Its a pity it does not work on business fares though - that would make it quite attractive.
Old May 5, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Thanks for posting. That actually works quite well for Economy. Which can be upgraded using coupons. Its a pity it does not work on business fares though - that would make it quite attractive.
tried many times and it doesn’t work!
Old May 6, 2021, 2:10 am

It doesn't work for me either
Old May 6, 2021, 1:23 pm

Nor me. Not valid on one way UK flights.

Last edited by James91; May 6, 2021 at 1:28 pm
Old May 14, 2021, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
The codes now work on one ways.
Chr04 likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 9:47 pm

Wow! A 40% promo code that basically runs the whole year?! Thanks! Only one issue though: Even though it says "valid for all flights from/to these destinations", when I try to book a one-way out of Athens it says code invalid. I guess the "to" part refers only to the inbound leg of a two-way ticket ​​​​​​. I may still be able to find some use for it though.
Arrivals likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 4:13 am

I applies to one-ways to Greece, or roundtrips both ways. In the latter case both legs would be discounted from what I have seen.
Old May 17, 2021, 2:07 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Indeed that would have been ideal
Old May 20, 2021, 1:40 am

Just to complain a bit, I guess they "measure" temperatures in Greece early morning (or late night), because they are stuck in between 20-22 degrees, while during the day there have been some 30s. I guess they are trying to avoid giving away much of the 40% discount...
Old May 20, 2021, 7:31 am

Are you sure that it doesn't work for business class too?
try again :-)
Xandrios and romans like this.
Old May 20, 2021, 8:27 am

Oh yes, it does now

AMS-ATH for 137 euro in Business with double miles...thats pretty good! Question is what they are going to do if you book with the 40% code and there hansn't been such a large temperature difference detected according to their systems..
nikolask likes this.

Last edited by Xandrios; May 20, 2021 at 8:53 am
Old May 21, 2021, 3:10 am

That's a very interesting observation... I thought that they would not accept the coupon but it seems that it can go through
Old May 21, 2021, 10:28 am

Oh yes, it does now

AMS-ATH for 137 euro in Business with double miles...thats pretty good! Question is what they are going to do if you book with the 40% code and there hansn't been such a large temperature difference detected according to their systems..
,,AMS-ATH for 137 euro in Business with double miles...thats pretty good!,," Yes, but no tier miles, only award.
AlwaysFlyStar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.