Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Miles + Discount - Redeem miles for a discount code to book any "normal" ticket.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles + Discount - Redeem miles for a discount code to book any "normal" ticket.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2021, 9:15 am
Original Poster

I haven't been following the forum in the past 4 weeks or so, so forgive me for not crediting anyone, who may have already posted this, but it looks quite "new" and I am confident it deserves its own topic.

Well, it was already looking likely that this would come and, as my gut feeling was already telling me (for anyone who may still remember "that post"), it is at a significantly worse rate than redemptions for services (here it's at 0,003€ per mile, at services it's still 0,005 € per mile so it's a 40% less value, but at least it's for the most ... valuable thing, the ticket itself!).

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...esanddiscount/

Now you can redeem your miles and get discount up to €60 for your next flight!
In Miles+Bonus, we always enrich our services, so that you can benefit from our program through a variety of choices!
Therefore, we have introduced a new service, Miles+Discount, so that you can redeem your award miles to get up to 60€ discount on your next trip.

Miles for discount on your next trip

• 5,000 miles for €15 discount
  • 10,000 miles for €30 discount
  • 15,000 miles for €45 discount
  • 20,000 miles for €60 discount

How to redeem

Follow 3 simple steps to redeem your miles and enjoy the discount:
  • Login in your Miles+Bonus account
  • Select Redeem miles and then, Miles+Discount tab
  • Select the amount of miles you wish to redeem, and find your promotional code (Coupon Number) in My Coupons section
Terms and Conditions!
Spoiler

I've put some of the more important T&C's in bold.
What the "easter egg" (at least for now) could be (since I haven't tested it I can't say for sure): Since this is "simply" a discount code, most likely like any other discount code or coupon I believe it is likely that this isn't considered an "award" ticket at all and that you could still earn miles when booking with this. If someone can confirm or already has confirmed what it looks like when booking, please let as know a.s.a.p.
Of course like with all other discount codes, there's no way to redeem miles on top of another "normal" redemption for an award ticket, in order to pay for all the surcharges too.
Another drawback is that it seems to be limited at 20.000 miles / 60 Euros, though I can't imagine many people would easily consider dumping 100.000 miles to pay for a single 300 Euro ticket.

I'm probably not going to use my miles at the redemption rate of 0,005€ a piece, let alone at 0,003€, but for those who have more miles than they can spend and would hate to pay in cash (if Aegean even has such customers), this could be interesting.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
For 10,000 miles one can get a business class award ticket from Athens to Myconos which in the most expensive booking class (C) saves you EUR 202 (net of airport taxes).
lhrpete likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 9:47 am

Why to spend 10 000 miles, for 20 min flight on business?
giorginho likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alexandros Bravos
For 10,000 miles one can get a business class award ticket from Athens to Myconos which in the most expensive booking class (C) saves you EUR 202 (net of airport taxes).
Of course you can (though I believe an award ticket, where only C fare is left is more rare than Yeti), but only if you can actually find award space. Which for that route you probably can (no idea, I don't fly to those islands anyway), but if it's a highly popular international route during high-season and you're looking at 2+ seats, then you most certainly (judging by the last 2 years and my own routes) won't! This new option has absolutely nothing to do with award tickets and it was something I was looking forward to for a long time and for a number of different reasons, even if I also, personally, don't like the rates.
Not saying I am going to do this, but if I already had planned to spend around 80.000 miles (+probably ~150€) to get my family (of 4) somewhere (without much flexibility) and due to no award availability I need to pay 800€ instead, I may (or may not) consider using those 80.000 miles I had already intended to spend and "cut my losses" by 240€ (and perhaps get a bunch of -previously unexpected- miles, if this works, in the process as well).
I believe this will get people spending their miles more easily and more often, if you know where I'm getting to ​​​​​​.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.