Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:05 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by yurtripper
This is just for the people who haven't yet received another (six-month) extension and are close to expiry, yes?

I got a 12-month extension last June, which took my expiry from 01AUG 2021 to 01AUG 2022.

Should I be expecting a six-month extension closer to the deadline?
Who knows?

For me, and also for a friend who is silver (and I'm guessing the other guys above) we were with a year end of May 23rd, which is a legacy of when A3 moved to a yearly cycle from its 'gold for life' model - everyone then got moved to Nov year end. Seems like they're extending around a month ahead of expiration.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Blue
I've also been given an extension, from May 23rd, 2022 to November 23rd, 2022. I'll requalify by August.

It has taken me this long because I am based in a place where leisure travel has been functionally impossible for more than two years for anyone who has a normal amount of vacation time, since you'd need to spend so much of it in a quarantine hotel on your return. Even local residents overseas in certain countries have been banned from returning for months at a time, and inbound flights are frequently banned with little warning. It's impossible to plan around.

Because of this, I actually emailed A3 a few weeks ago asking for a summer-long extension to cover my trip elsewhere, as I've decided to leave here and move elsewhere. I included a brief summary of the situation, evidence of two years of staycations credited to Miles + Bonus through the A3 Booking.com portal (showing I'd done what I could to at least earn non-tier miles), and also shared the Star Alliance flights I have already booked for early June, the earliest I could leave, but just missing the cutoff for renewal. I didn't get a reply, but I'm very pleased to see this, and their loyalty to me will be rewarded; I'll be flying them to and from Greece this summer.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
Got extended today

Had been considering a quick mile run next week to get my 4 segments but just saw that my gold status was extended to November which suits my travel pattern much better. Grateful to M&B for this second extension.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Bonvoy Plat
Hopefully someone just pushed the extension button early. Happily saw it this morning on the Aegean app and website with the 11/24/22 expiration, but now it is back to showing 5/24/22. Probably best to wait for the official email before putting off any mileage runs. I have my fingers crossed to get the official email next Monday with the start of May.

Last edited by adidasvaio; Apr 28, 2022 at 4:30 pm Reason: Missed word
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Same here... though mine is still the same... since yesterday...fearing this will disappear tomorrow..

I had already booked flights to exceed the remaining 4k in May

Not that I am complaining as I love Greece...but perhaps this last-minute extension thing is a work of the gods to force me back?

Or, to the Aegean gods, could you please (permanently) reset my period to November?
Attached Images  
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Oh this sounds promising! Let's hope the extension materializes!
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Hope they will extend nothing.
The requirements are so low this year (again) that if one is not able to fly such little amount of miles, I guess it means you are not a FF anymore.
Giving and renewing status like candies is not a good thing. 2020 was justified. 2021 more or less. 2022 : it's not justify anymore as the world is widely open now.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
Hope they will extend nothing.
The requirements are so low this year (again) that if one is not able to fly such little amount of miles, I guess it means you are not a FF anymore.
Giving and renewing status like candies is not a good thing. 2020 was justified. 2021 more or less. 2022 : it's not justify anymore as the world is widely open now.
exactly
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:35 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
This really sucks. Already booked flights for after May to aid in re-qualification for another year. And it means no new upgrade vouchers which I could really use - and should receive as I'll requalify before the original date of May 23rd. It means that all travel booked for the next 6 months is basically wasted, not getting any kind of status benefits from that. Including a bunch of business class travel
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Gold for 6 more months!

We secured your tier for 6 more months!We are glad to inform you that we extend your tier's expiration date until 24.11.2022, in order to have more time to meet the criteria of your tier.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:28 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Well, A3 knows the numbers of people who were to drop to Silver on 24 May, so maybe they think extending status will inspire A3 trips to Greece over the busier summer period.

I had already decided not to attempt renewal by May, and I wouldn't go to Greece in summer but I am definitely considering an October trip on A3 now, plus I am more keen on booking Star Alliance airlines for my June-July travel. Though still not sure if I will be able to renew in November.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Gold for 6 more months!

We secured your tier for 6 more months!We are glad to inform you that we extend your tier's expiration date until 24.11.2022, in order to have more time to meet the criteria of your tier.
got the same email today, same date..
It works out fine for me but I was going to qualify by 24/5…
one question though… does that mean when I requalify next month my status will be extended to November 2023? I certainly would hope so or else it’s not much of an extension…
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
To be honest I knew about this thread but did not pay attention much. My gold status was due expiration in 3 weeks. At 11am today I bought Finnair positioning flights instead of Austrian so I'd have lounge access as I am not a PP ...... and 4 hours without lounge at the airport between the flights is a nightmare idea. At 5pm 6 months extension received. Gotta love the timing. Anyway I am grateful for this, hopefully the vouchers has been extended as well so it is time to plan some greek adventure in summer.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hmm I did not receive this email or an extension. Hope that email is still coming…
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:39 pm

Extended then Reverted

My 5/22 Exp Date was pushed to 11/22 yesterday and today shows 5/22 again 😕. Really hope they’ll extend it early May as there’s now way for me to requalify before July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.