Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:28 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by GUWonder
One of the reasons some people on my side are holding off on crediting flights to A3 to do the re-qualification thing is that they aren't sure that the future Star Alliance flight schedules and their future travel is going to be such that it makes sense to doing much of anything to stick to A3*G status at this point.

If A3 hadn't gotten out of the business of providing what used to be a de facto limitless period of A3*G status for active accounts, this conversation wouldn't even be taking place.
Interesting! Would they seek *G status from another Star Alliance program, or would they be leaving Star Alliance carriers overall (and thus, as you say, there would be no need for A3*G at all)?

Originally Posted by Yreal
My renewal date still stands at 6 march with 5900 milles to go and 4 segements done.

So are the 3 week mark now. Suppose something has to happen at t-10, or else its off to make some milles on sas.
Let us know if you get an extension!
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Interesting! Would they seek *G status from another Star Alliance program, or would they be leaving Star Alliance carriers overall (and thus, as you say, there would be no need for A3*G at all)?
It's a mix from using *G status from other airlines, to leaving Star Alliance carriers overall, to buying lounge membership, to just picking whatever premium cabin flight route makes sense independent of program and/or program status, to just stop caring about FFP as a significant consideration. The net result is that A3 will likely see fewer flights credited to the A3 accounts from them, and that is money that will not get back to flowing to A3 as it would otherwise have done later this year and next.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:36 am

Pray tell, what was that like? Did you have a plan to return to Silver/Gold before dropping down?
There was an extended period where travel just wasn't a financial option and no clear timeframe for it to return. When it became viable once again I had no difficulty regaining Silver and the +4 flights for Gold with a trip to Greece a couple of months prior to the pandemic starting. I was still short of miles (the opposite of now) and expecting to coast on the extensions for a while, but stumbled into enough domestic partner miles to make Gold anyway in late 2020. Have been slowly accreting miles here & there since. I wasn't flying anyway so Blue status wasn't impacting me. And I have lounge passes through a credit card which made travel nicer once I did start flying again but hadn't regained Gold yet.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
May I check anyone had loss their Gold status due to non extension from Nov 2021-Feb 2022? Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
My 6 march 2022 still stands.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 11:45 am

Well this mess sure made a status run hard. And irrelevant
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
My 6 march 2022 still stands.
When A3 did some extensions last month, they waited until very late in the game. This may be a repeat, or it may not.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'm fully expecting the extensions to not last until end of May when a large group of elites will have to re-qualify. Schedules have been loaded, flights are operating and most travel restrictions eliminated. I'd expect them to require elites to re-qualify through the use of the lower tier thresholds.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:59 pm

Well this mess sure made a status run hard. And irrelevant
Irrelevant?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:18 am

Irrelevant?
i would honestly feel a little bit disconnected from the world if i did a status run now.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:32 am

i would honestly feel a little bit disconnected from the world if i did a status run now.
Ah yes yes.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:01 am

My 6 march still stands. So i guess this is it.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:50 am

I thought there were cases (last year at around the same time?) where Aegean extended status even after the requalification deadlines (?), as they decided to grant extensions... I vividly remember comments from members who had even purchased tier miles from Aegean in order to retain status and got refunds after those retro-extensions.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
My 6 march still stands. So i guess this is it.
Let's talk again March 7 - as mentioned, the silver account for my daughter was prolonged for 6 months without any prior notification.
giorginho likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Let's talk again March 7 - as mentioned, the silver account for my daughter was prolonged for 6 months without any prior notification.
Not OP, but if your daughter's account was retroactively prolonged, how much after-the-expiration was the extension communicated?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.