Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:37 am

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Now I am a bit confused when this mess started I had till Sept 21 to requalification for the next year. Was like everyone else given a 6 month extension that took me to March 22. Have not received any more extensions. Have now received an email from Aegean to say that I have till May 31 22 to requalify with 25% discount ie 9000 miles 4 sectors. However my account remains the same March 22 12000 miles and 4 sectors. Finally think that going to be able to travel next year but is very hard to plan in this situation, do I wait to see if an extension is granted or just bite the bullet and book to ensure the required miles sectors before 31 May 22, that is of course it actually happens?????? Sort of a bit of a rock and a hard place.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by ClanJ
Now I am a bit confused when this mess started I had till Sept 21 to requalification for the next year. Was like everyone else given a 6 month extension that took me to March 22. Have not received any more extensions. Have now received an email from Aegean to say that I have till May 31 22 to requalify with 25% discount ie 9000 miles 4 sectors. However my account remains the same March 22 12000 miles and 4 sectors. Finally think that going to be able to travel next year but is very hard to plan in this situation, do I wait to see if an extension is granted or just bite the bullet and book to ensure the required miles sectors before 31 May 22, that is of course it actually happens?????? Sort of a bit of a rock and a hard place.
Check the email again? Did you perhaps see something similar to the following?

In Miles+Bonus we always try to adapt to the circumstances, aiming to constantly address your needs, so we have extended our tier rules policy up to 31.05.2022 in order to help you manage your tier more effectively.Up until 31.05.2022 the miles that are required for the tier retention* and upgrade** for all Miles+Bonus members remain reduced by 25%, so that you continue making most of our program in line with your current flight activity.

* The reduced rules for tier upgrade will be valid until 31.05.2022..
** The reduced rules for tier retention are valid for members with tier expiration date up until 31.05.2022 and will apply on the expiration date of each member.
I believe they're saying all accounts which have a renewal/anniversary date, anytime from now-to-May 31st, 2022, will be automatically enrolled in a temporary scheme which reduces the amount of required tier miles by 25%, provided the member flies four segments on A3/OA. (This is arguably an extension of their existing scheme, so they're wording it as such.) It does not change each member's renewal/anniversary date to the end of May.

(What I'm not sure about, however, is whether flying four segments means the corresponding 9k must all be on A3/OA metal, or if it's exactly as worded on their website, and can be any partner carrier (as before). Maybe someone can chime in?)
Old Oct 14, 2021, 4:36 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
(What I'm not sure about, however, is whether flying four segments means the corresponding 9k must all be on A3/OA metal, or if it's exactly as worded on their website, and can be any partner carrier (as before). Maybe someone can chime in?)
as usual. Either part or all of the 9k miles can be on A3/OA metal/flight numbers, but you must have 4 segments on miles earning fares on A3/OA flight numbers.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
as usual. Either part or all of the 9k miles can be on A3/OA metal/flight numbers, but you must have 4 segments on miles earning fares on A3/OA flight numbers.
So just to clarify, after flying four A3/OA-metal segments, the 9k tier miles can all be on all partners?

Of course, one would earn some tier miles on A3/OA in the process of flying those four segments. Thus I suppose I mean, "however much is left of that 9k that needs to be flown [can all be on partners]."
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:59 pm

So just to clarify, after flying four A3/OA-metal segments, the 9k tier miles can all be on all partners?

Of course, one would earn some tier miles on A3/OA in the process of flying those four segments. Thus I suppose I mean, "however much is left of that 9k that needs to be flown [can all be on partners]."
Yes.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 2:52 pm

Currently, the theoretical maximum amount of miles you'd need on any airline after flying 4 segments with Aegean/Olympic is 8600 (of course on pretty much every realistic case that number will be lower).
Old Oct 16, 2021, 6:36 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by giorginho
Currently, the theoretical maximum amount of miles you'd need on any airline after flying 4 segments with Aegean/Olympic is 8600 (of course on pretty much every realistic case that number will be lower).
And if we're being REALLY pedantic, you can omit the word 'after' - you can fly your 8600 miles BEFORE you take the OA flights, of course
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by wischi
My renewal would be 14. Oct 2021. So I just called them and they confirmed that it will be extended to 14. Apr 2022 and that they'll do the extension tomorrow.
Maybe around this time next week we will get some window into what is happening to those A3 elites whose status is still scheduled to expire in November (2021).
Old Nov 1, 2021, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Maybe around this time next week we will get some window into what is happening to those A3 elites whose status is still scheduled to expire in November (2021).
As of the last day or so, Aegean has extended the status by 6 months for all those accounts with November 2021 status expiration dates.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 8:24 am

Yeap, the same was mentionen by a couple of users in the german forum .
Old Dec 2, 2021, 12:48 am

So it eventually happened also to the accounts expiring in December, albeit without the reduced, 9000 mile threshold. No big deal, but still :-/
Old Dec 9, 2021, 3:36 am

Anyone got their tier extended beyond 31.05.22?
Bobdh13 and testman like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
Originally Posted by Mr.FlyingV
Anyone got their tier extended beyond 31.05.22?
With Omicron flaring up, I'm hoping for an extension. Don't see how I can fly those 4 segments on Aegean metal before May.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 11:21 am
Suspended

I was hoping that there wouldn't be much of a need for A3 to keep extending status beyond May of 2022, but unfortunately it seems like Omicron has flared up and dashed hopes in that regard. Maybe they will extend the status of any A3*S/*G expiring in Q1 2022 and Q2 2022 so that the status doesn't expire in Q4 2022; and then call it a wrap.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:08 pm

I remember I was discussing with a fellow traveler during the summer about Aegean's promotion back then, which was a 50% or 60% discount for flights around Christmas. I told him to go ahead and buy some tickets if he felt brave enough, because I'd bet we'd be within the 5th wave of the pandemic by then (now). I was hoping to be wrong, but unfortunately for all of us I wasn't.

Anyway, I'm not so sure how Aegean has handled all status holders (especially silver), but I had a lengthy talk with an uncle of mine, who used to be not only a gold member, but also a VIP for a brief period with Aegean (that's not a status you can fly yourself to by the way). He last flew in summer 2019, still as a gold status holder. He wasn't actively pursuing to retain his status, so he/we can only assume, that by the time the pandemic hit Greece and Aegean granted the first 6-month extensions (March 2020), that he had already been demoted to silver. Anyway, long story short he hasn't flown since and he is now blue. Not sure how many of those 6-month, then 12-month and then again 6-month extensions (if any at all) he received...
(edit: my thought process is, that had he maintained gold until March 2020, he'd probably still be gold today. I believe he must have been demoted in November 2019, as he was gold for a long time and probably had the 23/11 renewal date most of the people here also had. But if silvers got the bare minimum, the "6-months-for-all" at first should have kept his solver until May 2021, at which point he should have gotten the 12-month extension and now still be silver. So either he doesn't remember something correctly or Aegean didn't give to silvers what they gave to golds, which is what I believe happened. Anyway he says he has some contacts high up Aegean's ranks from his vip time, but won't bother them until he actually starts flying again.)

Last edited by giorginho; Dec 27, 2021 at 2:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.