Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2021, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I've received no word about any further elite status extensions. I'm not counting on much more from Aegean on this anymore, but I would certainly appreciate seeing another round of extensions sooner than later.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:10 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by frogster
Any update on extensions for those with a status expiring after 05/21 (besides the answer GBobon received on the phone a month ago)?

Te only email I received to date was a reminder that 23 unused coupons will be expiring in July. As fast as vaccinations are progressing around Europe, I'm afraid it will be August at the earliest before I've received my second jab an will be willing to travel again. I'd be willing to book a status run (or a vacation) for September or October but not knowing If I'll still have status by then puts a damper on my willingness to commit.
Hmm, assuming the info GBobon received was correct, I was thinking they:
  • Are waiting until the last minute to announce it, so as to not dampen current FF-induced demand, OR
  • Are still hammering out the specifics of how much to give which batch(es) of members
Otherwise, agreed with the implied sentiment(?) that it would be nice if they gave us more certainty.

Also, you have twenty-three unused coupons?
giorginho likes this.
Old May 1, 2021, 2:35 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
I am Gold and the status is due to expire in May 2021. I still have't received any email yet. Is there anyone else here in the same situation?
Old May 1, 2021, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by l380
I am Gold and the status is due to expire in May 2021. I still have't received any email yet. Is there anyone else here in the same situation?
I've not received any A3 email about extensions for my account this year, but we have different expiration months. Does your account still show 12k miles w/4 A3 flights for status retention? Mine does.
Old May 1, 2021, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I've not received any A3 email about extensions for my account this year, but we have different expiration months. Does your account still show 12k miles w/4 A3 flights for status retention? Mine does.
No. its 8750 with 4 A3 flights or 23750.....Hopefully I won't be downgraded on May 24, 2021.
Old May 2, 2021, 10:55 am

Question

so all the people their renewal period was 1.1.2021 until 30.4.2021 got renewed for another year and 1.5 - ? waiting for their emails right? just to understand whole situation at the moment. I was thinking all people until 30.5 received email.
Old May 2, 2021, 6:52 pm

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Yes this whole A3 status extension seems to be unfair. Myself and my wife are both A3 Gold and going back to pre-covid we had both requalified thru until Sept 21, we then got the initial 6 month extension thus pushed out till Mar 2022 but nothing since despite many others getting a further twelve months. The problem is that it does make it almost impossible to make any forward plans towards the requalification. Without any certainty from A3 we have taken an opportunity to status match to a one world carrier as a backup so unless A3 does something we will be gone..
Old May 2, 2021, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ClanJ
Yes this whole A3 status extension seems to be unfair. Myself and my wife are both A3 Gold and going back to pre-covid we had both requalified thru until Sept 21, we then got the initial 6 month extension thus pushed out till Mar 2022 but nothing since despite many others getting a further twelve months. The problem is that it does make it almost impossible to make any forward plans towards the requalification. Without any certainty from A3 we have taken an opportunity to status match to a one world carrier as a backup so unless A3 does something we will be gone..
Understandable.

I can't help but note that you and your wife are not even in the group of A3*Gs who got even more miserly status extensions from A3*G during this pandemic. Some A3*Gs got nothing more from A3 than a single 6-month extension of status, and that status is still scheduled to expire in 2021. Some of them are also going to have make choices like you because of how A3 has been with relatively miserly status extensions.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 12:04 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Feel you, same only 6 months status extension Nov 2021(origianl expiry) to May 2022
Old May 3, 2021, 4:30 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
My wife and I requalified in March 2020 so our status expiry date became March 2021. Somewhere in 2020, Aegean decided to hand out 6 month extensions for Covid and our expiry date is now september 2021......
Old May 3, 2021, 7:15 am

Which OW carrier did you match to? Do you know any other *G carrier will match A3?

However, even with status match, since no one can really travel right now without restrictions, the status will expire anyways....
Old May 12, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Anyone knows how it will work :
- regarding the upgrade vouchers (still have 2).
- regarding the miles needed to renew status (is it extension Or back to zero and start a new year).

I still have the possibility to travel before 23/05 but would be a "run" so if I can avoid would be nice but need to know what happens with miles needed to renew and vouchers before booking / or not.
Old May 24, 2021, 1:48 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by yauee
Feel you, same only 6 months status extension Nov 2021(origianl expiry) to May 2022

counter restart
l380 and romans like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 3:41 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Same here. And, four new upgrade coupons valid until 24/05/2022. The rules for the voucher seem to not have changed from before, which is good news.

Edit: Renewed with tier points that is.
l380 likes this.

Last edited by Xandrios; May 25, 2021 at 1:53 pm
Old May 25, 2021, 1:56 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
We would like to inform you that your Gold tier has been renewed and is valid up to 23/05/2022.
Login to your Miles+Bonus account and check the updated coupons that you can benefit from, as our top tier member!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.