Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2020, 5:52 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by lensovet
assuming, of course, you live at an airport with A3 service.
...and you're allowed to go to Greece.

Well I guess if I am still blocked from Schengen by May there are a few other options like Turkey, maybe Cyprus, not sure if Croatia can be done on a single ticket from LHR
Old Dec 14, 2020, 5:41 pm

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
I live in NZ and sympathize with all given the situation over there. Here at the moment things are about as normal as you can get, much like pre-covid, likewise in Australia and Rarotonga. To that end the respective Governments expect to implement quarantine free travel bubble in the early New Year between each. The greatest Covid risk is now confined to the managed isolation facilities not in communities. As an A3 Gold it will provide opportunity to earn miles for example 6500 for a return AKL/PER. While the strategy over here has been elimination it does give a window and hope how things can change quite quickly. I would not be at all surprised with the deployment of the vaccines and some clever elimination strategies things will turn around quickly in Europe. I think that if one is vaccinated long haul will be much easier round Sept/Oct/Nov 21. There are some sharp deals around now if you look hard enough. I have bit the bullet booked a TK Biz (J) for Oct 21 SIN/ATH return for around 1200 Euro which I expect to be able to fly. On another note am also a Gold Air NZ and was given a 12 month extension in April then another 12 month extension in Sept in effect a 24 month extension which I think was rather generous making the A3 6 month extension I got look poor.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 2:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by powergean
i dont think, they will do thes. They alredy gived 6 month, and we only need 9 000 miles, for requalify, not 12 000 as normally.
I am anticipating that A3 will provide some further relaxation on status acquisition/retention for the coming year than has already taken place. That A3 decided to become extra-generous in fishing for new A3 program members in recent weeks is a sign that it probably does care about not seeing further erosion of participation in the A3 program ranks.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 10:37 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
am I the only one due to renew on 1st of February?

I have booked a mileage run (segment run to be more correct) in 1st half of January with b2b @ WAW but that flights got canx... I still need the segments otherwise buying tier miles (max 5k) wont help me.
Given the fact that Europe is locking down again I think is impossible for me to get my 4 A3 legs until Feb 2021...
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:05 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club (Gold), Aegean M+B (Gold), Hilton Honors Gold, Mariott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Lockdowns coming up again - over here in AT at least.

There goes my plan to renew my A3 status over X mas
Old Dec 20, 2020, 2:58 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
You guys have no options to buy status or make some sas runs into arn?

Those dubble milles 300% c fares for ~100€ turned out to be a life saver for status...
Old Dec 20, 2020, 8:23 am

More info about that SAS „offer”, please? Currently I have scheduled a b2b @ LHR (brave, i know...) in JAN but they are closing down again so I expect that my flights will get cancelled very soon.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by GBobon
More info about that SAS „offer”, please? Currently I have scheduled a b2b @ LHR (brave, i know...) in JAN but they are closing down again so I expect that my flights will get cancelled very soon.
SAS doesn't have an offer as much as they are just high % earners if you fly sas plus or sas go with baggage. You can most likely find some cheap fare from Scandinavia down to the Spain. That is what I did in July to requalify
romans likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 4:49 am

I know SAS doesnt have offers but you mentioned 300%, thats why I asked... SAS Plus and Go + checked bag = 200% not 300% as you mentioned.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 5:12 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by GBobon
I know SAS doesnt have offers but you mentioned 300%, thats why I asked... SAS Plus and Go + checked bag = 200% not 300% as you mentioned.
yeah I don't know where he got 300%. My guess it was one of the A3 own business promotions. Specifically half off And double miles.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Yeah - I think he refers to the recent 2x miles promotion of Aegean, where a business class flight (which was on top pretty cheap at the times) led to 300% miles.
Now, the next best thing is the SAS 200% option according to the poster.
Net: I assume he talks about 2 different things.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 6:43 am

I asked A3 to remove the requirements of 4x A3/OA flights or extend the status by another 6 months. Their response below:

Originally Posted by Aegean
Dear Mr. xxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to write us your concerns about the requalification of your Gold status, because of the travel restrictions that currently apply.

We totally understand that may of our passengers’ travel plans have been affected due to Covid-19. Thus, concerning the retain of the Status for our Gold and Silvers, a 6 months extension has been implemented already. Therefore, your Gold status which would have been valid until August 2nd has been now extended until February 1st 2021.

As you have been also informed we have adjusted the retain rules by reducing the miles needed for those who will have travelled at least 4 times with us within the tier period. More specifically, our Gold members will need to collect 9,000 tier miles (instead of 12,000) from at least 4 flights with AEGEAN and/or Olympic Air.

Furthermore, our members can purchase up to 2,000 extra tier miles, and benefit from 25% discount, in order to retain or upgrade your tier and related benefits.

For the time being, these are the actions taken to assist our members retaining their Status, despite the current limitations.

By all means, we have shared your remarks with our Loyalty Division, which escalates the existing conditions and, in the event that an updated decision is taken all relevant information shall be immediately uploaded via our official website.

I will of course remain at your disposal for any further assistance that you may require, as I will be glad to help anytime.

Best Regards,
.tb_button {padding:1px;cursorointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursorointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
Old Dec 22, 2020, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Yreal
No. I need more status points than A3 would sell me.

Where I live, there aren't any international flights anymore. Everything stopped due to COVID. Borders are closed. Even within the country, non-essential travel is limited.

I would have easily requalified in 2020. I had to cancel several trips, and I am sitting on an unused flight pass to take me to Europe and back. Even one-way to Europe would have been enough. But as it is, I am too far away from buying the missing status points. It would also be quite expensive. So I really hope that A3 extends my Gold status. I haven't caused A3 any costs since March (other than a small miles donation to Greece's health workers), as I haven't been flying anywhere. So it would be fair to extend my status.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 1:49 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club (Gold), Aegean M+B (Gold), Hilton Honors Gold, Mariott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Yreal

Those dubble milles 300% c fares for ~100€ turned out to be a life saver for status...
Nope - lockdowns coming up - and the "disutility" of being quarantined back home after my return isn't appealing. Guess I'll wait for a very last minute status run in the weeks/months to come (...).
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Today is the first day of my requalification period.
No idea whether I'll manage to pull it off this time.
I fly quite a bit between FRA and NYC but due to COVID I now am a flying UA almost exclusively these days (direct flight and Polaris) instead of AC and SK (hence only half the mileage and no feeders).
Don't want to comlain too much, since I know that I still have quite some time left to make it, but I need to start plannign :P
romans likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.