Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:41 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Just got an email saying I have been renewed as Gold for 12 months. Email wording suggests it may only show up on the actual expiry date in May.

My last flight with A3 was in March 2019. Since the start of the pandemic I never had any flights booked with A3 and my only Star activity was a short hop on LX. If they had the ability to examine their server logs they would see that I searched for flights to Greece in Nov 2019, but that's about it.

So GUWonder's optimism was right.

Four A3 flights will be one of my first leisure trips once reentry to the UK stops being a hassle.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
got the email too.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by cwpfly
It happened. My A3 Gold expired 3/1 and I was downgraded to Silver. Just looked in the app and I'm back to Gold with a 3/1/22 expiration date. Thanks, Aegean - I can't wait to get back to Greece!
Nice! Did any qualification miles you had before the expiration carry over? It sounds like they're saying you auto requalify (but maybe without new upgrade coupons), versus giving you a year longer to qualify. Barring anything weird I'll get enough miles between May 2021 and May 2022 but still curious.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I received an email confirming the one year extension of my A3 Gold status. The app does not reflect the new expiry date however I assume it will happen later today or like Hilton, once the due date is passed it automatically renew and set the new expiry date.
Just saw this too. Yay for continued gold for my whole family

As it states, will not reflect until after the end term date (May 23, 2021 in most of our cases I assume). What if you fly before that and after today - will those credits carry over to next year's tier miles accumulation quota? Some other industries do offer that - eg. Accor group forwarding end of 2020 tier miles to this years qualification.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Blue
Also received it!
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by patty canuck
Just saw this too. Yay for continued gold for my whole family

As it states, will not reflect until after the end term date (May 23, 2021 in most of our cases I assume). What if you fly before that and after today - will those credits carry over to next year's tier miles accumulation quota? Some other industries do offer that - eg. Accor group forwarding end of 2020 tier miles to this years qualification.
This is what I'm wondering. Or if you requalify do you get two years due to the one year extension.

Could end up in a weird situation where it's better to not requalify if you're close to have them carry over vs requalifying only having a year then having to do it again while borders are questionable for half the year
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
Status Extension Email

My expiration date is/was 24/5/21 and I just received the following email:

We secured your tier for 12 more months!We are glad to inform you that we have scheduled the extension of your tier for 12 months!

We stay always close to you by adapting our procedures to the changes that current conditions bring to our everyday life. So, despite any reduction in your flight activity, you will continue to enjoy your Gold tier benefits. The day of your tier renewal, you will receive an email informing you about your new tier expiration date.

Stay Gold, fly again soon as a Gold!

Thank you for your trust and loyalty!
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
I mean, why not jump on the bandwagon and say I've been renewed another 12 months as per the email. So that's a big relief - I had been putting off thinking about it until closer to the day, but definitely this is a lot less stress for the coming months.

Really grateful to Aegean for this decision!
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Plat
Yeah with this extension, I wonder if they will reset our tier miles or if they are allowing us another year to continue earning tier miles from the 2019-2020 cycle. When they did this last year, they specified that they extended the re-qualification window by six months. There’s absolutely nothing in this email beyond saying that they will extend our status by another year.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:21 am

After I decided not to attempt to get the few miles I needed, I now have to get used to the idea of being gold for the next 14 months; they know that people of my age have difficulties adapting... At any rate, as soon as I get vaccinated I'll start flying again... Thanks A3!
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
is it for all members or just some selected members? i am currently 5400 away and i prefer 12 months extension (no need to loss the tier miles i have earned) vs outright renewal.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:27 am

I did not receive any extension (exp 9/2021) neither fiance (exp 7/2021) so really curious A3 what they will do with others, really curious
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: Aegean *G
Received the email too. Thank you, Aegean, see you soon, hopefully late Summer or Fall at the latest. Itching to fly so much.
sokolov likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: A3*G
Got the email too, will celebrate with some burgers and pizza tonight!
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: A3 *G
Yes!!! Celebration time, thanks Aegean, I'll be even more loyal from now on
sokolov and TheProf like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.