Together Account Expiry

Old Nov 24, 20, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Together Account Expiry

Hey all,

As far as I'm aware, Aegean award miles don't expire, right?

But looking at the terms and conditions for the Together Accounts, it says no activity in any account for 6 months could lead to the account being closed and miles lost:

Aegean has the right to deactivate the Together program and cancel the relevant miles without notification if - for a period of 6 months from the activation day - no flight transaction with Aegean, Olympic Air or any Star Alliance member airline, has been added by any of the Together Members.

Does anyone have any insight into this?
Old Nov 24, 20, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by peteremcc View Post
Hey all,

But looking at the terms and conditions for the Together Accounts, it says no activity in any account for 6 months could lead to the account being closed and miles lost:

Aegean has the right to deactivate the Together program and cancel the relevant miles without notification if - for a period of 6 months from the activation day - no flight transaction with Aegean, Olympic Air or any Star Alliance member airline, has been added by any of the Together Members.

Where did you see thes/?
Old Nov 24, 20, 3:24 pm

I'm not a native speaker (though the T&C were most likely not drafted by a native speaker either), but from that excerpt I understood that if there is no flight activity in the first six months after the accounts have been connected, the participation in the program is at jeopardy. And since award miles are not returned to individual participants upon the termination of the program (they are all transferred to the main user), that means other users' miles will get "cancelled". But that's just my understanding, definitely reach out to Aegean for confirmation.
powergean likes this.

Last edited by atothepoweroftwo; Nov 24, 20 at 3:30 pm
Old Nov 24, 20, 3:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by peteremcc View Post
Hey all,

I've never seen that enforced for any of the accounts I've touched .... at least not yet. But maybe I've not paid it close attention since those accounts able to form Together accounts have probably had an account with flight activity withing 7-12 months if not within 6 months.
Old Nov 24, 20, 5:11 pm

@petermcc this is exactly the same question I wanted to post here since I've been upgraded to silver! I would very much like to create the together account, however I have postponed it due to precisely this condition, since there is a very high likelihood that no members-to-be of this together account will take any flights within the next 6 months. Of course that rule was created under different conditions, but since it hasn't changed I find it to be extremely aggressive ("account could be closed and miles lost"!!! ).

What bothers me now: Let's say I do activate the together account while I still am silver and then take one or more flights... what if after that nobody flies for 6+ months? This case isn't covered by that rule, but still I'd be reluctant to proceed with the together account, considering how many "horror stories" I've read around here (audits, passports requested etc. etc., accounts frozen etc.).
Old Nov 24, 20, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by powergean View Post
Where did you see thes/?
Chapter 10, Point 19:

https://en.aegeanair.com/conditions-...c-a2a085f572fc
Old Nov 25, 20, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Aegean Expiry of Miles

Taking into account the latest circumstances we have decreased the terms of tier retaining and upgrading for our Silver and Gold members as well as we allow larger amount of tier miles purchase. You may find more information here https://bit.ly/3nSfQMw We are at your disposal for any further assistance.
Old Apr 1, 21, 5:18 pm

I'm reviving this to post some important updates.
Since this matter was bothering me quite a bit I brought it up during a recent call I had to make for a different reason. The agent advised me to send my thoughts via e-mail, which I did. Just 1-2 days later I received a reply, that they had already looked at it and revised term 19, which now says nothing about any flight activity within 6 or however many months. However the term still appeared "hostile" to me (and some of the non-geek versions of that term as of this moment still do) so I wrote them again explaining how this new wording still left everything at Aegean's will and they did in fact already react to that as well and updated the Greek version of the term to pretty much reflect exactly what I suggested they wrote (it now states that Aegean reserves the right to cancel the together account, but only if the customer violates any of the -other- terms, so basically it is a kind of insurance that if you play by the rules you don't risk your together account and you don't need to fly to keep it more than 6 months (of course if you don't fly at all for 12 months it will obviously risk being closed due to a downgrade to blue, but then no miles will get deleted). They also told me they will work on updating the term in the other languages as well, in order to correspond to the latest Greek version. I think the English translation is already done, the same term in German includes a bunch of additional conditions, which seems quite odd, but anyway...
The way the term is now written in greek/english is one I'm OK with so I'll probably activate my own together account in the next days.
​​​​​​
Resolution likes this.
Old Apr 1, 21, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Interesting. Its late and I too tired to look at the details, but I am interested.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: