FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Black Friday is coming, what would you like to see?! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/2028872-black-friday-coming-what-would-you-like-see.html)

headingwest Nov 20, 2020 6:20 am

Black Friday is coming, what would you like to see?!

Let's have a bit of fun.

Deep joy, Black Friday (27th NOV) is coming, no doubt Aegean will want to jump on the bandwagon. What will it be - a 50% off promo code (not to be used in conjunction with the Credit Voucher of course!), or half price award redemptions, maybe another X2 miles promo, or perhaps we can purchase another stash of Award Miles with a 100% bonus (before another potential award chart devaluation! :D ).

What would you like to see?

I vote for double value for Credit Vouchers!

djjaguar64 Nov 20, 2020 7:08 am

Not much as airlines are suffering.

Xandrios Nov 20, 2020 8:36 am

I'd like increased frequencies on flights please..

All joking aside...we'll have to see if they will do anything. I think we should consider us to be lucky to get a 50% discount; 40% may be more feasible...and with a bit of luck it would also apply to business class.

romans Nov 20, 2020 11:35 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 32832302)
Let's have a bit of fun.

Deep joy, Black Friday (27th NOV) is coming, no doubt Aegean will want to jump on the bandwagon. What will it be - a 50% off promo code (not to be used in conjunction with the Credit Voucher of course!), or half price award redemptions, maybe another X2 miles promo, or perhaps we can purchase another stash of Award Miles with a 100% bonus (before another potential award chart devaluation! :D ).

What would you like to see?

I vote for double value for Credit Vouchers!

I am expecting triple tier&award miles earning!

palcsaky Nov 20, 2020 12:36 pm

I’d like to see a covid test waiver for all bookings.

Archon1995 Nov 20, 2020 12:42 pm

With no realistic likelihood of getting over there for a good long while (no one will let us in), I'd like deals on purchased miles, preferably tier.

headingwest Nov 20, 2020 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by romans (Post 32832937)
I am expecting triple tier&award miles earning!

Great one, I would definitely get my bank card out for that!

NextWhiteDeath Nov 20, 2020 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Archon1995 (Post 32833065)
With no realistic likelihood of getting over there for a good long while (no one will let us in), I'd like deals on purchased miles, preferably tier.

That is what I am hopping for as well. I am couple of thousand point away from some redemption I want and would prefer to buy the point with a 50% discount. I would also bet that is what they will do as selling point is cheap and there is no risk of a refund.

AlwaysFlyStar Nov 21, 2020 6:44 am

Personally, I think if there was either a 50% off promo that included business class (considering in economy it is more like 10-30% off, since the taxes are not included) or a double award&tier miles promo, that would get me into looking at planning trip next year. And I wouldn't think that it is unreasonable to offer one of those considering that they have already offered both of those this year at some points, and if they did it now, most people would be booking for next summer, so they would at least be getting some money in the bank to hold over next several months. But while it wouldn't surprise me, it also wouldn't surprise me if they did nothing, so I guess we shall see...

Cookoovaya Nov 22, 2020 9:50 am

Expectations: 3x miles, 80% off, chauffeur service to plane door

Reality: 100% bonus award miles when buying now, we devalue later

NextWhiteDeath Nov 22, 2020 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Cookoovaya (Post 32836427)
Expectations: 3x miles, 80% off, chauffeur service to plane door

Reality: 100% bonus award miles when buying now, we devalue later

Last time they devalue 3 days before the sale. So this year 2 days before hand.

peteremcc Nov 24, 2020 1:51 am

Another 6-month tier renewal extension. Every other airline is doing a full year.

djjaguar64 Nov 24, 2020 9:27 am

Originally Posted by peteremcc (Post 32840620)
Another 6-month tier renewal extension. Every other airline is doing a full year.

I like this option. But by doing so they may be losing sales that they may otherwise gain from.

NextWhiteDeath Nov 24, 2020 11:48 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64 (Post 32841300)
I like this option. But by doing so they may be losing sales that they may otherwise gain from.

At teh same time they might get sales that they would lose if people decide to fly a different airline because they don't have statues anymore. Having the free bag if your Gold could sway a lot of people to choose Aegean over an LCC.

powergean Nov 24, 2020 12:33 pm

With LC , you pay more for bag...