Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Black Friday is coming, what would you like to see?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Black Friday is coming, what would you like to see?!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2020, 12:55 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by giorginho
Erm... no?
I think what ISTFlyer is saying is that it is not valid if you are merely going through Greece, for example, IST-ATH-LHR or something of that nature. It would only work with IST-ATH and/or ATH-LHR, but not IST-ATH-LHR. Forgive me if my interpretation was incorrect.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
I think what ISTFlyer is saying is that it is not valid if you are merely going through Greece, for example, IST-ATH-LHR or something of that nature. It would only work with IST-ATH and/or ATH-LHR, but not IST-ATH-LHR. Forgive me if my interpretation was incorrect.
Indeed, this is true.
I could purchase IST-ATH or ATH-LHR separately and benefit from the respective discounts but when I purchase IST-ATH-LHR there is no discount.
Greece must be the origin or final destination of the passenger.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I checked and there was a discount about 20 Euros or less. Because I have been watching the fares lately.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Well - it's the usual game at Aegean: they call it a sale, but don't offer the lowest booking classes.
So in the end, prices are close to what you can book all year round.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Just got an email calling it a Cyber Monday sale, so thought I would see if there was any difference in price. I again checked AMS-ATH in March, since this is the '60% off' period. And I used the flexible date to be able to see any potential bargain. I do find it rather interesting that the reasonable fares end the day before the 'sale' begins, and that the '60% off' fares are 3-4X the price of the flights that are not '60% off'. And then the peak season July/August flights which are allegedly 30% off are cheaper than the off-season 60% off flights in March.
I mean, it is genuinely irritating because they seem to just be picking numbers at random assuming we are morons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.