Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

All Four Olympic Flights to LCA Tomorrow Cancelled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2020, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat

All four flights from Greece to Larnaca tomorrow are showing as cancelled on the Hermes Airport website. This is unprecedented. Does anyone know why? In fact, I have just seen that all Aegean and Olympic flights from Athens appear to be cancelled. Flights by other airlines like KLM and LH are shown as operating.

Last edited by johnirvine; Oct 14, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Old Oct 14, 2020, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Maybe it has something to do with the air traffic controller strike which is generating massive cancellations of flights to/from/within?
Old Oct 14, 2020, 5:43 pm

Again? Didn't they strike just a week ago?
I just googled it and indeed all but 2 flights (929, 931) on Thursday are canceled!!
Flights on Friday the 16th with departures prior to 8 a. m. are also affected, which might be why I can no longer find tickets/flights to change my A fare with the "same day free change" option...
Info!

Last edited by giorginho; Oct 14, 2020 at 5:50 pm
Old Oct 15, 2020, 1:28 am

And they will strike more...

I think they had announced 2 strikes during the day for Sunday 18/10 and Monday 19/10 but now they have converted them to 24h strikes.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by jerry_greece

I think they had announced 2 strikes during the day for Sunday 18/10 and Monday 19/10 but now they have converted them to 24h strikes.
well it's good to know things are slowing getting back to normal... Shall we expect French ATC to join in? hehehe /Sarcasm/
Old Oct 15, 2020, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
well it's good to know things are slowing getting back to normal... Shall we expect French ATC to join in? hehehe /Sarcasm/
And not to forget LH's cabin crews!
DELLAS, jfkeze and giorginho like this.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 10:50 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Originally Posted by jerry_greece

It seems that the Sunday and Monday strike is by a different union (https://enhmaek.gr) from that striking on Thursday (http://www.eeeke.gr).
Would this upcoming strike also lead to cancellations of all flights?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by palcsaky
It seems that the Sunday and Monday strike is by a different union (https://enhmaek.gr) from that striking on Thursday (http://www.eeeke.gr).
Would this upcoming strike also lead to cancellations of all flights?
Most flights today and tomorrow are simply retimed to the hours when they are not striking. The strike not a full-day strike but is more like work stoppages. If you look at the ATH departures board you see a LOT of flights departing at the 12pm-1pm departure bank, and nothing for the hours after when they are striking. In the evening flights depart again.

I just came of a flight from the islands and my onward flight has been retimed to late in the evening. Given I have quite a bit of work to do I'm spending most of the time in the ATH lounges. You can clearly see the impact of the strike as the lounges were packed to the (COVID19 acceptable/enforced) brim before 12.30pm and are now almost completely empty!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.