Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
Double miles posted as expected

Both tier and award miles posted as expected

Old Oct 5, 2020, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Yreal
Seems... sane?

I mean, who want to arrive at 4.00 in the morning in greece? Well, beside people requalifying...
I flew on A3 609 a few days ago and it was far from being empty in both C and Y.

Perhaps a little teeny-tiny podium can be put at the gate for anyone who feels they need to dissuade people of low intellectual capability like us to fly on this service; so that they can target the culprits directly to make them change their stupid ways. Those pesky ‘people requalifying’ excluding 😂😂😂😂😂
Old Oct 5, 2020, 4:16 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by ozon78
I flew on A3 609 a few days ago and it was far from being empty in both C and Y.

Perhaps a little teeny-tiny podium can be put at the gate for anyone who feels they need to dissuade people of low intellectual capability like us to fly on this service; so that they can target the culprits directly to make them change their stupid ways. Those pesky ‘people requalifying’ excluding 😂😂😂😂😂
But... why? I have done the dub, edi, lis etc ones because its the only flight. But why would you pick the flight straight through the night? I guess the answer that its better for the connections holds some merrit. I have seen people on last flights from bru doing the same thing, but they have to wait a lot longer in ath.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 4:20 am

Both tier and award miles posted as expected

Did you book within the window?

It seems that using an upgrade voucher on Ath-Ams yesterday got my ticket reissued within the promotion period and thus double milles.

As it works in this direction, I guess that having your ticket reissued after the promo period removes the dubble milles.

Shame tbh. Would have gladly payed for a rebooking on dus-skg to get that to 250% earning and 2x milles.
romans likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 6:39 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Have any of these bookings earning X2 miles been made through OTAs, or do you have to book direct?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:06 am

Both direct
romans likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:11 pm

But... why? I have done the dub, edi, lis etc ones because its the only flight. But why would you pick the flight straight through the night? I guess the answer that its better for the connections holds some merrit. I have seen people on last flights from bru doing the same thing, but they have to wait a lot longer in ath.
When I used to collaborate with folks in London, twice or three times every year, I finished my work in London in the late afternoon, and instead of spending the night in an overpriced hotel and paying for an overpriced dinner, I took the night flight to ATH, connected to the first flight to HER and saved myself lots of dough and time (12 hours). Psychiatry was not one of my strongest fields, but I would definitely not consider this as not being a sane behaviour holding "some merit".
irishguy28 and :D! like this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 2:10 am

Alright, jeez, sorry for not understanding the value of a night flight when day flights are an option 😅

Now, do i need to take the late LHR-ATH flight as penance or can we get on with it?

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Oct 6, 2020 at 5:37 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Oct 6, 2020, 5:39 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, a reminder that the thread is about A3's temporary earnings rates. As those rates are the same irrespective of whether you hop on a flight at 9am or 10pm, and we've had a wide range of opinions on the sanity or otherwise of those flight times, perhaps we might now return to the main topic.

Thanks.

/mod
Old Oct 6, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S

It seems that using an upgrade voucher on Ath-Ams yesterday got my ticket reissued within the promotion period and thus double milles.
Well - I just had to change an (old) flex ticket to another date. Since the ticket was upgraded, I had to call the Gold Line (and pay 20 EUR).
Obviously, "the system" doesn't allow you to go to the new Flex, but gives you the ComfortFlex with the higher fee and all the benefits I don't need. Thank you...
(although I am not sure, since the lady tried to enumerate all the great benefits of ComfortFlex, and when I said "ok, but I don't need them, just give me the new Flex", she came up with the system issue)

Now - I only hope that (1) the flight happens, (2) I get the double miles that we seem to get if we reissue tickets...
(unless the upgrade request only goes through later and therefore the double miles aren't applicable anymore... but then I will protest)
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:55 am

Did you book within the window?

As it works in this direction, I guess that having your ticket reissued after the promo period removes the dubble milles.

Shame tbh. Would have gladly payed for a rebooking on dus-skg to get that to 250% earning and 2x milles.
I did book within the window and directly via the aegean website. However, I am travelling back tomorrow and both of my sectors - kos to athens and athens to heathrow - have been affected by the air traffic controller stoppages - I have been automatically re-booked - same dates but travelling later and tickets re-issued, so I will report whether the promotions still holds. If not - I am hoping it will be sorted by emailing Miles and bonus team.
romans likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 2:58 am

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Flight Change

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Well - I just had to change an (old) flex ticket to another date. Since the ticket was upgraded, I had to call the Gold Line (and pay 20 EUR).
Obviously, "the system" doesn't allow you to go to the new Flex, but gives you the ComfortFlex with the higher fee and all the benefits I don't need. Thank you...
(although I am not sure, since the lady tried to enumerate all the great benefits of ComfortFlex, and when I said "ok, but I don't need them, just give me the new Flex", she came up with the system issue)

Now - I only hope that (1) the flight happens, (2) I get the double miles that we seem to get if we reissue tickets...
(unless the upgrade request only goes through later and therefore the double miles aren't applicable anymore... but then I will protest)
Yep had to change an old flex ticket so told had to get a comfort flex at cost of 29 Euro extra each, tried to question as the normal flex ticket option was showing as 3 Euro cheaper than the original, just gave up in the end and accepted the comfort option. Received email confirm of changes and new tickets, then followed more emails about "credits" so now just confused????
Old Oct 7, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ClanJ
Yep had to change an old flex ticket so told had to get a comfort flex at cost of 29 Euro extra each, tried to question as the normal flex ticket option was showing as 3 Euro cheaper than the original, just gave up in the end and accepted the comfort option. Received email confirm of changes and new tickets, then followed more emails about "credits" so now just confused????
Can you elaborate please? What do you mean by 'credits'?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 4:30 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
I have been automatically re-booked - same dates but travelling later and tickets re-issued, so I will report whether the promotions still holds. If not - I am hoping it will be sorted by emailing Miles and bonus team.
The promotion is valid for bookings and rebookings until 14 October so you’re still within the validity period. Will earn double miles no doubt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.