FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Double tier and award miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/2025604-double-tier-award-miles.html)

irishguy28 Sep 23, 2020 9:33 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 32695091)
I guess this 2x promo is only valid on A3 flights and not any *A flights.. which would help.

Cheers!

Yes, this is now clearly stated in the corrected email

headingwest Sep 23, 2020 9:45 am

I love the way Aegean always publishes something and then corrects/adapts/changes it over the following minutes, hours, and days!! :D

Doesn't someone actually check or proofread text before putting in on the web or sending out e-mails!?

palcsaky Sep 23, 2020 11:03 am

There also appears to be an unadvertised sale going on. This morning LHR-ATH return in business cost £350, now £220!

Garimi Sep 23, 2020 12:07 pm

I'm based at LHR and trying to book with OFF50
economy flex and biz

Code working but after putting Aegean ff number and choosing seats I have message what promo code cannot be used so 220gbp
Mayby becouse of promo ?

still very good 18k Aegean miles for gold

:D! Sep 23, 2020 12:24 pm

I guess this means there won't be any further tier extensions.

palcsaky Sep 23, 2020 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Garimi (Post 32695661)
I'm based at LHR and trying to book with OFF50
economy flex and biz

Code working but after putting Aegean ff number and choosing seats I have message what promo code cannot be used so 220gbp
Mayby becouse of promo ?

Code won’t work unless Aegean sent it to your M&B linked email and invited you to use it.

Garimi Sep 23, 2020 1:23 pm

still nice almost 18k (LHR-ATH-LHR 8968x2) Aegean miles for 217.31GBP for Golds..

if I want buy 18k miles I need spend 450 Euro (at Black Friday 225Euro) so do the math....

Yreal Sep 23, 2020 4:30 pm

Still bummed i didnt get 50off...

But still, 500% milles voor c. Insane.

NWIFlyer Sep 23, 2020 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by palcsaky (Post 32695498)
There also appears to be an unadvertised sale going on. This morning LHR-ATH return in business cost £350, now £220!

This will be in response to a lowering of BA fares on the route a few days ago - A3 has matched within £1.

headingwest Sep 24, 2020 12:32 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer (Post 32696903)
This will be in response to a lowering of BA fares on the route a few days ago - A3 has matched within £1.

With BA arguably offering the better service (and I never ever thought I'd say that!).

palcsaky Sep 24, 2020 1:10 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 32696963)
With BA arguably offering the better service (and I never ever thought I'd say that!).

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...10138f359.jpeg
The Do&Co mousse was divine

Cookoovaya Sep 24, 2020 2:33 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer (Post 32696903)

Also, they operate a 787 with flat bed during October for less than £200.

NWIFlyer Sep 24, 2020 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Cookoovaya (Post 32697082)
Also, they operate a 787 with flat bed during October for less than £200.

Although that may not be guaranteed - you could end up in Premium Economy, still though a considerable uplift on Euro Business Class.

For many, me included, this comes down to which alliance you want to re-qualify with. I'd have been through A3 requalification in May for a then November year end if I hadn't had flight cancellations. As it is I'm currently sitting on less than 500 miles for the year, whereas thanks to BA giving me a status extension I'm now under no pressure to fly with them (although I'm still doing so on short haul which makes sense because of the range of direct flights from the UK).

In spite of the likelihood of BA Gold getting me a flatbed, actually strategically it's better for me to take the A3 option in order to maintain status in two alliances, so in that sense Aegean is calling this right - the primary objective here is to encourage people to requalify and remain loyal to the FFP, whilst bringing some direct money into the airline as working capital.

I've got to imagine A3 is looking at the numbers and recognising that the 6 month extension really is of negligible use to most people given Covid will continue to decimate the industry for far longer than that. If I lost *G then I'd simply switch all my business to oneworld and burn my remaining miles. Even if relatively little of my *A spend is with A3, they still earn from me crediting to M+B, so none of that is good news for them.

Giving me a chance to requalify with an attractive offer is more compelling for me than some more lifetime BA Tier Points and a few thousand Avios. Depending on which way the UK government goes with self-isolation requirements from Greece then I'll likely grab something.

It's just a shame domestic flights to SKG are so expensive - I'd planned to grab a day return to get my four flights for the year, but the better value is actually in taking a second return LHR-ATH.

Cookoovaya Sep 24, 2020 6:10 am

Totally agree - nothing is guaranteed.

It makes sense considering your circumstances.

It's a great way for Aegean to generate some money while also keeping their M&B members satisfied without giving a free extension.

Winter is already bad for airlines, a bit worse for A3 as their revenue is heavily tied with tourism during the summer season and considering the current circumstances I can only assume that dark (financial) days are coming.

I'm tempted to book myself, even the business class tickets for the trips that I have planned but rebooking those can get really expensive. It's worth considering that in case your circumstances change.

KLouis Sep 24, 2020 6:48 am

After having cancelled all my flights this year, I'm scheduled to fly HER-CDG next week on A3 and then CDG-ZRH with AF (and back), trying this way to a) get a few more miles towards M+B gold requalification, in case I fly more often in the next few months, as well as b) extend the validity of my >400K miles with FB. Not having received any email re the new offers (I guess these are targetted to non-residents of Greece), I may well loose top-tier status with all alliances after more than 25 years. Indeed, one has to reconsider his/her priorities in life after retiring, (un)fortunately, the pandemic is helping me accept some realities. Tough luck, no more lounges! :)