Change to earnings for A3 flights

Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Alexandros Bravos
Flying empty planes means they are burning their precious cash reserves at a pace which might be quite high. In my view they should start reducing the frequency of their flights more drastically. Changing the fare structure won't be of much assistance to them.
Wizz, Ryan flying empty planes, Aegean not so mutch.. They stoped routs, but if you go to see exp, the tmrw flights, 80% .
Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: THY Elite Plus, Aegean Gold, LH FTL. Former BA Gold, Air France Platinum, Czech Gold, United PE.
And now in business class you get a 'light meal' as opposed to a 'snack and refreshment' - Aegean has clearly made permanent the Covid-era economies to on-board service. This may work on routes where Aegean essentially has a monopoly but it will not on routes where there is real competition. Lufthansa, for example, has recently reintroduced almost normal food and beverage service in C class and, on international routes over 1.000 kms, are providing 4-course meal service with menu choice.
Xandrios, yurtripper and romans like this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:48 pm

9 milliard from government.......sold 30 % . Aegean is still free... Wait till next year!
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:23 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
uhm..what? Source?
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
uhm..what? Source?
Lufthansa
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:35 pm
Suspended

I think @powergean is talking about Lufti - the government got 20% of the group for the 9 billion euro bailout. So you can say they are now no longer indirectly owned by the state, but are officially a state-owned carrier.
powergean likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by atothepoweroftwo
I think @powergean is talking about Lufti - the government got 20% of the group for the 9 billion euro bailout. So you can say they are now no longer indirectly owned by the state, but are officially a state-owned carrier.
exactly!
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:20 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by headingwest
Yeah. If they are looking to get people to book flights, they aren't doing themselves any favours with these changes! Unless of course you've got lots of cash to burn for higher fares.

I had S GoLight fares for March next year, but now that they've cancelled a flight (and after looking at these new earnings), I don't fancy being rebooked. I've asked for a refund! My allegiance to Aegean is slowly slipping away...
dont think there is any program that gives gold as easly while flying basicly discounted economy 95% of the time?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:59 am

4450 milles for ath-dub in C now. Combined with the off50 115 euro...
romans likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yreal
4450 milles for ath-dub in C now. Combined with the off50 115 euro...
Just hold off for a few more weeks and J earnings will go up to 300%!!!
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:22 am

Fare restructuring was the last thing I was expecting to see during this time. I can share the disappointment especially for the Flex fare - which used to be quite a decent value, all things considered.

How will they enforce the personal item and carry on considering that people flying A3 bring everything (!) on board (shopping bags, gifts, carry on luggage, laptop bag, Arta, Ioannina). As Aegean is (was) always very relaxed on that front. Except LHR.
giorginho likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:39 pm

I fly London to Athens about 10 flights per year. I have a house in Greece and don't work so I travel economy and book months in advance.
I fly mostly Aegean, some BA, and occasionally EasyJet . Looking at these new fares it seems that Easyjet is now the best option for me. Aegean have taken away free seat selection, free food and drink (a roll in a bag does not count) and its very strict at LHR 8kg one bag on board is miserly. With easyjet there is no weight limit to an on board bag so long as you can lift it yourself into the rack.
I never dreamed I would see the day when Easyjet are the better option to BA and Aegean. Very sad.
bellerophontes likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 1:04 am

Talking

Originally Posted by headingwest
Just hold off for a few more weeks and J earnings will go up to 300%!!!
Instant gold next year...
Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm unaffected by the silly baggage requirements (*G) but for airlines that start playing games - like allowing a cabin bag OR small bag but not both - my workaround would be to bring along a decent size duty free shopping bag and put my small bag in there (avoiding the check-in desk also). This is what I used to do if flying Wizz Air
Old Sep 17, 2020, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
I'm unaffected by the silly baggage requirements (*G) but for airlines that start playing games - like allowing a cabin bag OR small bag but not both - my workaround would be to bring along a decent size duty free shopping bag and put my small bag in there (avoiding the check-in desk also). This is what I used to do if flying Wizz Air
the wording is a bit silly. They could remove the entire section and it wouldnt change anything.

either way, you can take 1 bag within that size.
giorginho likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.