Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change to earnings for A3 flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2020, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Change to earnings for A3 flights

from today morning I am missing my renewal detail from a3 website & iOS app. I am a bit curious how is this. Let's see! Hopefully nothing worse incoming!
Old Sep 14, 2020, 2:38 pm

The same!
Old Sep 14, 2020, 7:40 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Same here. An error seems most likely. Perhaps some coding issue or something. But as for changes, it is hard to imagine any negative changes regarding current renewal cycle. If there was any change in renewal requirements, it seems unlikely it would be to our detriment, so I personally would not be worrying about anything other than the state of their IT infrastructure.
headingwest likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:30 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I think this should answer your question. They've tinkled with the earnings again!

There's even an updated Miles Calculator.
Arrivals and yurtripper like this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:38 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
And now we have 'Comfort Flex', which gives completely free flight change (no fee or fare difference). But also a snack in a bag, in case you wondered!

irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by headingwest
I think this should answer your question. They've tinkled with the earnings again!

There's even an updated Miles Calculator.
dear god...
Arrivals and romans like this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:55 am

It's all getting very confusing. No fewer than 3 different charts, depending on the date of booking/rebooking!

Regarding 'Comfort Flex', it's only same day changes that are completely free, must be done at the check-in counter or via the app.

Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:27 am

So it's obvious that I have a lot of spare time on my hands, but I was curious to see how they have cut the lower fares' earnings and increased the higher fares. I copy and pasted and aligned the fares in order of changes. Table C are the fares that were earned for years, prior to the arrival of COVID-19. Table B shows the changes that were made in June to try and encourage people to book Flex fares. Finally, Table A is where we are at for bookings/rebookings from today (obviously to tempt people to Comfort Flex and Business fares).

P.S; remember, if you get rebooked (for cancellation, upgrade, or flight date change), you will earn according to Table A.

Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:27 am

It's all getting very confusing. No fewer than 3 different charts, depending on the date of booking/rebooking!

Regarding 'Comfort Flex', it's only same day changes that are completely free, must be done at the check-in counter or via the app.
Ooh. Are there any downsides to these new fares? I think I might rebook as those things seem like positives...
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Ooh. Are there any downsides to these new fares? I think I might rebook as those things seem like positives...
See the chart above. It depends on which fare you have or rebook into.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:42 am

See the chart above. It depends on which fare you have or rebook into.
Ah sorry. I was only thinking of business class. The extra miles plus free same day change seems nice. Wasn't sure if they took anything away that I didn't notice.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by Yreal
dear god...
Personal item is back !
Old Sep 15, 2020, 5:10 am

Oh well... As always no announcement from Aegean about the changes. They seem to complicate things more with the new fares and they made GoLight fares very unattractive: only 30% miles, randomly assigned seats even for Gold members, only one personal item etc.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 5:11 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
So the earnings for the cheapish light fares have been gutted...from 75% last year to 30% now. Regular flex has gone down slightly. Business class on the other hand has gone up 50% which is nice.

Flex Comfort apparently also gets priority boarding which I think is something the regular Flex never got.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: blogger
its not good i am also facing this problem if you find any solution than reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.