Original Poster

here we are:

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...errules_sep20/

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...sepromo_sep20/
powergean likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by powergean
I think, they doing it, because people are not flying thes time so mutch, but they dont want to lose the good FF members.
Could be this. Trying to retain FF as we move into the slower winter season without issuing a blanked extension. As well as just trying to pick up some new ones.
powergean likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:05 pm

https://en.about.aegeanair.com/company/fleet/

Why the new planes are not on the list?
Old Sep 29, 2020, 4:56 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Haha nice
Old Sep 29, 2020, 5:00 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Haha nice
Old Sep 30, 2020, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by giorginho
For non status-holders (like myself) this is almost a giveaway of status! That 50OFF and the 2x miles will make me silver right after my next flight! This is in the realm of "too good to be true", so I can imagine there will be a catch at some point. Then again, there used to be "gold for life", so I don't know...
did you already book something?
Old Sep 30, 2020, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by bellerophontes
The earning rates have been changed already twice in the last 3 months, why do you think there would be a further reduction?
It's being discussed in order to mitigate the excess miles issuance and bring it in line with the rest of the industry.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by romans
did you already book something?
​​​​Yeah, it was that flight to Thessaloniki, which I had my eyes on for quite a while now (have family+friends there) and I always thought I would not book, because I didn't want to "risk it". But the numbers in the area are down to almost zero (at least compared to where they were 1 month ago, or compared to other cities of that size) and (what was probably the main reason) I just had to (after I had 1-2 sleepless nights, thinking about it) book the ~200€ trip that will get me over 10.000 status miles (silver probably right after the first leg, so even more miles), which, combined with the benefits that come with the silver status, make the trip not only very attractive, but also almost a free giveaway!
Like I wrote previously, I might be able to provide some information on the "what miles do I get if I change the ticket" policy soon after the promotional period (for the 2x miles) ends. I might end up making one change, so we'll see.
romans likes this.

Last edited by giorginho; Sep 30, 2020 at 3:15 pm
Old Sep 30, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cookoovaya
It's being discussed in order to mitigate the excess miles issuance and bring it in line with the rest of the industry.
Are you referring to the earning charts, the redemption charts or the already accumulated miles amounts in the accounts? And who is it being discussed by?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 4:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by headingwest
P.S; remember, if you get rebooked (for cancellation, upgrade, or flight date change), you will earn according to Table A.
Just asking to make sure I understand correctly: Does a rebooking initiated by me (on a flexible ticket) count as rebooked ticket and earnings will be according to Table A?
The wording on the earnings page is "Effective for bookings and rebookings as of 15.09.2020" which do seem to say all types of rebookings, not just rebookings due to filght cancellations.

Also if someone is in the know - is a scheulde change a "rebooking"? Ie, if I press "Accept" in the Schedule change notification and then do nothing, I assume that is not a "rebooking" (ie there will not be a new booking date?) But if I 'Accept' and then call to have the flights changes it surely is a "rebooking".
Old Nov 9, 2020, 7:01 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Hi everyone. I have a question about ComfortFlex fares and the same-day changes available. I was able to book an ORD-ATH nonstop in J on AA using 50k AA miles. We want to start the trip in Santorini so was going to book a separate flight ATH-JTR. If I read it correctly, the ComfortFlex allows for same-day changes with NO fare difference. So if I book my tickets with a 3 hour layover and my first flight is delayed I should be able to change to a later flight at the airport or on the app for no extra fees/fare difference correct? Obviously seats need to be available on later flights....but there 4 later flights so hopefully we'd be able to get on one of those.

Off topic a bit, but is 3 hours at ATH enough time to deplane, retrieve luggage, and recheck to Aegean? We're pretty young and walk fast so no mobility issues.

Thanks all!
Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No idea on the fare question, but 3 hours is plenty of time in the normal so there is the caveat that none of us know what the entry process is going to be like next year. It was pretty speedy this year with the QR code, but guessing the future isn’t easy right now.
chicago747 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by chicago747
So if I book my tickets with a 3 hour layover and my first flight is delayed I should be able to change to a later flight at the airport or on the app for no extra fees/fare difference correct?
If your flight is three hours delayed, you may end up as a no-show for the flight that you are ticketed on. My guess is that you can't "change" a ticket after it's been used for a no-show. I would rather book one of the later flights, and change to the earlier flight if possible.
chicago747 and giorginho like this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
No idea on the fare question, but 3 hours is plenty of time in the normal so there is the caveat that none of us know what the entry process is going to be like next year. It was pretty speedy this year with the QR code, but guessing the future isn’t easy right now.
Normal is the key word.

There are often delays with domestic airports, especially during the busy summer season. Busy traffic control, wind etc. to name a couple.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 9:57 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by chicago747
Hi everyone. I have a question about ComfortFlex fares and the same-day changes available. I was able to book an ORD-ATH nonstop in J on AA using 50k AA miles. We want to start the trip in Santorini so was going to book a separate flight ATH-JTR. If I read it correctly, the ComfortFlex allows for same-day changes with NO fare difference. So if I book my tickets with a 3 hour layover and my first flight is delayed I should be able to change to a later flight at the airport or on the app for no extra fees/fare difference correct? Obviously seats need to be available on later flights....but there 4 later flights so hopefully we'd be able to get on one of those.

Off topic a bit, but is 3 hours at ATH enough time to deplane, retrieve luggage, and recheck to Aegean? We're pretty young and walk fast so no mobility issues.

Thanks all!
One thing to keep in mind that with all covid-related changes going on is that your AA flight could quite easily have a schedule change. Keeping that in mind it may work out better to book the last flight of the day to JTR, and move that flight forward to the first available one upon landing at ATH. But, of course that won't cover you if your AA flight has a schedule change that causes it to arrive another day, or, if all other flights to JTR are full and while you have the right to change - you practically cannot because there are no available seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.