Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

50% off (excl. taxes/surcharges) with code (book by 25 Sep fly by 30 Nov) [Targeted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% off (excl. taxes/surcharges) with code (book by 25 Sep fly by 30 Nov) [Targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2020, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Pretty disgraceful, I'd say. The Credit Voucher is supposed to a full form of payment (after all, it is basically a sorry excuse for not giving a refund). It is not a promotion or discount, therefore it should be possible to use a promotional code and then apply the Credit Voucher as payment. Basically they are excluding customers from benefiting from promotions unless they are willing to put more cash Aegean's way. In my opinion, during this pandemic Aegean has behaved pretty atrociously.
My thoughts exactly. They have behaved awfully in the past months (and continue to do so unfortunately). The call center agent on the gold line told me that it is *technically* impossible in their system to combine both and that I should file a complaint in case I am not satisfied with using either the voucher or the 50% discount code. I explained her that it is a form of payment as well but she couldn't help any further. Her suggestion was of course to use the 50% code and keep my voucher for another flight.

Same applies by the way if you want to use two vouchers on one flight - you can't do it. Only one voucher/coupon code per booking can be used...
Arrivals likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Yeah, that always sucks. I work at en eCom business and we had to do so much customization (and third-party integrations) to enable customers to combine gift cards (method of payment) and discount codes. In general, platforms only accept one code per order, no matter if it's a gift card or a promo code - just one code can be applied to the order. Tbh, we have so many bugs with these customizations (we run off of a major eCom platform, like Aegean runs off of Amadeus), that I would not like them to attempt supporting multiple codes per (flight) order as I am sure we would constantly be dealing with bugs.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by atothepoweroftwo
Yeah, that always sucks. I work at en eCom business and we had to do so much customization (and third-party integrations) to enable customers to combine gift cards (method of payment) and discount codes. In general, platforms only accept one code per order, no matter if it's a gift card or a promo code - just one code can be applied to the order. Tbh, we have so many bugs with these customizations (we run off of a major eCom platform, like Aegean runs off of Amadeus), that I would not like them to attempt supporting multiple codes per (flight) order as I am sure we would constantly be dealing with bugs.
bugs everywhere! (saying as QA engineer haha)
flyertalker0039345 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by nikolask
The call center agent on the gold line told me that it is *technically* impossible in their system to combine both and that I should file a complaint in case I am not satisfied with using either the voucher or the 50% discount code. I explained her that it is a form of payment as well but she couldn't help any further.
I guess the agent might be even correct: in order to avoid changing / recoding the website, they implemented the vouchers equivalent to a discount code. And since you can only have 1 code, it is probably indeed technically impossible.
They would need to introduce the voucher as a form of payment opion (like credit card) - but probably that would have been a major programming effort (don't @ me - I am not a programmer )
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:05 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
I guess the agent might be even correct: in order to avoid changing / recoding the website, they implemented the vouchers equivalent to a discount code. And since you can only have 1 code, it is probably indeed technically impossible.
They would need to introduce the voucher as a form of payment opion (like credit card) - but probably that would have been a major programming effort (don't @ me - I am not a programmer )
​​​​​I initially expected to be enter the voucher code exactly how you describe: as an alternative payment option. ​​In the case the effort to change the website is prohibitive, it would've been more reasonable to (significantly) increase the nominal value of the voucher to compensate for the loss of code usage. In my own case, I will just wait until I am allowed to change the remaining voucher value for cash..
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:14 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Still anoys me i didnt get targeted for this. With the impending ban for dutchies I would love to pop down to greece this weekend...
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:05 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The OFF50 promo finished and promptly another general 40% discount was announced. Only for economy fares though (unfortunately).
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:41 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Xandrios
The OFF50 promo finished and promptly another general 40% discount was announced. Only for economy fares though (unfortunately).
Indeed, promo business class fares are not loaded although the promo is supposed to apply to both classes according to the small print.

https://en.aegeanair.com/plan/offers...omo-to-greece/

The offer is valid for direct and connecting flights from all international destinations to Greece - for one way and return flights. The offer is valid for flights operated by AEGEAN and bookings until 06/10/2020 and for travel from 01/11/2020 until 27/03/2021. The 20% discount is applied on all flights between 01/11/2020 – 30/11/2020. The 30% discount is applied on all flights between 01/12/2020 – 31/01/2021. The 40% discount is applied on all flights between 01/02/2021 – 27/03/2021. The 20%, 30% & 40% discounts are applied on all fares and fuel surcharges. Fares and fuel surcharges shown on the reservation system are already reduced 20%, 30% & 40%. The family offer includes an extra 50% discount for ticket for children (2-12 years old) and 100% discount for ticket for infants (0-2 years old). The family offer does not apply to children traveling alone. Discounts are applied to all direct fares and fuel surcharges of the child's fare and infant’s fare and not to the total value of the ticket. The discount on infants and children tickets, is applied through bookings via all available channels. Ticket change of the discounted child or infant tickets is allowed according to the fare rules and fare difference may apply. In case of ticket cancellation refund policy is applied depending on fare class. Discount does not apply on all taxes. The offer applies to Economy and Business class tickets. In case of ticket change there are relevant charges depending on fare class. In case of ticket cancellation refund policy is applied depending on fare class.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ranskis
Indeed, promo business class fares are not loaded although the promo is supposed to apply to both classes according to the small print.

https://en.aegeanair.com/plan/offers...omo-to-greece/
The ones who wrote it missed something. The greek text only includes economy, not business class.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by giorginho
The ones who wrote it missed something. The greek text only includes economy, not business class.
Indeed. The English email also states Economy-only. Which, to be honest, I don't really get why. Presumably, even discounted, they are still making more off business fares than Economy ones..
Old Oct 1, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
And funnily enough, all flight prices for GVA - ATH are now HIGHER than when I checked yesterday (by chance), before the promo email came...
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Come on people, if you've been following similar promotions (-30%, -40%) from Aegean the past couple of years, then you know these "so-called" -30%-40% discounts very rarely change anything on Aegean's "fixed prices". They just open up some cheap fare space on "dead dates", which would have probably already been available even without such promotions.
The 50% discount code that is now expired however (or a couple of months ago those 25-30% "baggage" discount codes)... different (and much better) story
Carpacchio and yurtripper like this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:21 am

I don't know if that is totally fair. Especially on international sectors the discount is normally applied to the fare portion, and that seems to be the case now as well for GVA for instance. As far as I have seen the discount applies to all fare codes (except business class in this specific case).

For example in October GVA-ATH in P class is 37 euro (no discount), in March it's 34 euro (40% discount). Keep in mind that at such low prices the fare is only 9 euro - the rest is taxes. So that 40% discount would reduce the 9 euro with 3,6 euro - which seems to match the price in March pretty well. The 40% discount only applies to flight in February and later.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Xandrios True, but again, this is what I was talking about ("very rarely change anything"), there's no point in waiting for such promotions to book (as I've come to realise multiple times in the past), because if by then the P fare isn't available you're probably not even going to get the same price after getting a "discounted" U, T, S fare...
Example: Right now the cheapest DUS-SKG fare (P of course) costs 15 Euros, in December-January with the 30% and in February-March with the 40% "discount" there is not a single P fare available (which is total BS, because there's no way those seats are already sold, they just blocked them until the promotion ends!) and the cheapest you can get is a U fare for 16 Euros (19 Euros for Dec-Jan), so more expensive than without the discount (because then P would be available and just watch and wait, after the 20-30-40% ends and not counting the holiday periods P will be back!).
The only tickets these promotions actually affect are the more expensive ones, like the new "comfort flex", where the fare difference to a "light" fare (now 45 Euros for many international routes) will drop by between 9 Euros (20%) and 18 Euros (40% discount). Again, the total amount of money you save is negligible or even "negative" if by then the cheapest fare categories get booked out, but I did end up using such a coincidental existence of such a promotion while I was looking to book tickets a couple of times in order to "buy a drop-off bag" through the flex ticket, instead of paying up after booking the go light (which would have otherwise been the cheaper option). The comfort flex in U is always cheaper than comfort flex in P, but only with a 40% discount is it considerably cheaper (otherwise just very small differences) and comfort flex in T is only just a bit cheaper with -40% than P without discount (a T at 30% or less, or anything from S and above is more expensive than non-discounted P).

Obviously, business class has always been exluded from such promotions, though I'm not entirely sure this was their intention this time (they probably just activated the promotion without changing anything in their system from last time), since, for example, the targeted 50% off promotion included all kinds of tickets, they've increased the number of business class seats on some routes and they're obviously now aiming on the "masses", instead of the "money", regarding business class.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:41 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Business class has usually been included in such offers in the past. But the business class fares were much more expensive, they decreased them for direct flights only (apart from C perhaps) since June after service has also been decreased a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.