FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Negative covid test when arriving from 5 more countries (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/2023115-negative-covid-test-when-arriving-5-more-countries.html)

Yreal Aug 10, 2020 11:55 am

Negative covid test when arriving from 5 more countries

From 17 Aug negative tests required when arriving from the Netherlands, Belgium, tsjech republic, Spain and Sweden.

ffs. Anyone has a link to the official guidelines already? Covid tests are free in the Netherlands, but no certificate...

DELLAS Aug 10, 2020 12:14 pm

You have to have the test within 72 hours of arrival not before that . If you cant get a certificate on a free test then you will need to pay for one that does issue you a certificate. Pretty much standard practice for countries that require proof.

Yreal Aug 10, 2020 1:48 pm

More looking to go through a third country. Lot is dumping, so a hop with w6 or fr and then down to Greece should work if it's based on origin.

Xandrios Aug 11, 2020 1:49 am

You will still have to fill your PLF which includes a list of countries that you have visited. So you will get tested either way. Question is if, once the officir realizes that you are actually traveling from one of the countries that requires a test and you did not bring one...if they will let you do one in Greece, or, if they will just deny you access and put you back onto the flight to Poland.

And...do you feel OK with circumventing rules that are meant to protect the health of a nation? Truth is that cases in NL are spiking immensely. A high percentage of infected people are young and show no symptoms. That could just as well be you. (Or me).

Covid tests in NL aren't cheap, but not crazy expensive either. The cheapest one I've seen so far is 79 euro for the test, plus 10 euro extra if you want a certificate. Not worth cheating the system for, plus the extra work, flights and infection-risk to trick the system into thinking that you are originating from Poland.

Yreal Aug 11, 2020 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 32595728)
You will still have to fill your PLF which includes a list of countries that you have visited. So you will get tested either way. Question is if, once the officir realizes that you are actually traveling from one of the countries that requires a test and you did not bring one...if they will let you do one in Greece, or, if they will just deny you access and put you back onto the flight to Poland.

And...do you feel OK with circumventing rules that are meant to protect the health of a nation? Truth is that cases in NL are spiking immensely. A high percentage of infected people are young and show no symptoms. That could just as well be you. (Or me).

Covid tests in NL aren't cheap, but not crazy expensive either. The cheapest one I've seen so far is 79 euro for the test, plus 10 euro extra if you want a certificate. Not worth cheating the system for, plus the extra work, flights and infection-risk to trick the system into thinking that you are originating from Poland.

Link to a covid test for 79?

Xandrios Aug 11, 2020 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Yreal (Post 32596411)
Link to a covid test for 79?

https://insideflyer.nl/hier-kun-je-e...laten-afnemen/

Het Huisartslab has locations throughout the country I believe.

DELLAS Aug 11, 2020 1:00 pm

€80 is pretty normal and a fair price. I paid that in Dublin .

Often1 Aug 11, 2020 2:48 pm

Not only endangering the health of many, but oneself too.

Even if not required, seems personally reckless to travel to another country without a negative test. Do you really want to find out that you are positive and possibly critically ill somewhere far from home?

Yreal Aug 11, 2020 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 32597540)
Not only endangering the health of many, but oneself too.

Even if not required, seems personally reckless to travel to another country without a negative test. Do you really want to find out that you are positive and possibly critically ill somewhere far from home?

i was allowed to last week. After seeing most Greeks wearing the masks on their chins, it's a bit baffling to suddenly be a health crisis starting monday.

so no, I don't really feel bad about that one. Routing through Poland isn't much different then rebooking to Sunday in my book.

but, it seems they are launching an online report to get people to take a test, so it seems I can get tested for free anyway.

KLouis Aug 12, 2020 3:04 am

Sorry to say, but I completely fail to see your logic.

- First of all, you can't have seen "most Greeks", this is certainly not the case (although I agree that even a few is way too much)
- Second of all, the Greeks may be wearing their masks the way they do, the reasons that led to the decision, though, was not a crisis in Greece but the Covid-19 situation in the 5 countries.
- Thirdly, confusing space (Poland) and time (Sunday) is not like comparing apples and oranges but, rather, lawnmowers and milk rice.
- Finally, t would help a lot if you'd specify who is launching an online report (what is this?) to get (which?) people to get tested for free (to be paid by whom? Nothing's free nowadays...)

Yreal Aug 12, 2020 3:18 am

Originally Posted by KLouis (Post 32598565)
Sorry to say, but I completely fail to see your logic.

- First of all, you can't have seen "most Greeks", this is certainly not the case (although I agree that even a few is way too much)
- Second of all, the Greeks may be wearing their masks the way they do, the reasons that led to the decision, though, was not a crisis in Greece but the Covid-19 situation in the 5 countries.
- Thirdly, confusing space (Poland) and time (Sunday) is not like comparing apples and oranges but, rather, lawnmowers and milk rice.
- Finally, t would help a lot if you'd specify who is launching an online report (what is this?) to get (which?) people to get tested for free (to be paid by whom? Nothing's free nowadays...)

I guess i'm just a bit fed up with following the rulles and now having to reschuel my summer vacation for the third time because of the dipshits in my country whoem are still claiming covid is the flue and we should go on as if nothing is happening.

I have no intention of being a health hazard to greece, but i find it verry od that when flying out on sunday, everything is fine. But when you come over on monday... why not just do 100% testing again starting monday?

Starting at 10 this morning you can schedule an online appointment with your digid. The test results will be availble online as well. These tests are free.

Yreal Aug 12, 2020 3:18 am

And the link for scheduling tests https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwe...afspraak-maken

DELLAS Aug 12, 2020 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Yreal (Post 32598328)
i was allowed to last week. After seeing most Greeks wearing the masks on their chins, it's a bit baffling to suddenly be a health crisis starting monday.

so no, I don't really feel bad about that one. Routing through Poland isn't much different then rebooking to Sunday in my book.

but, it seems they are launching an online report to get people to take a test, so it seems I can get tested for free anyway.

Actually Greece have shown exactly how to manage a COVID crisis thus far. The Western European nations with a very few exceptions are prime examples of how not to do things. Based on current track records Id have more faith in the Greek approach. In Western Europe there needs to be far more drastic law enforcement and huge fines to make people comply. People are stupid and sometimes there is such a thing as too much democracy!

Yreal Aug 12, 2020 5:20 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 32598657)
Actually Greece have shown exactly how to manage a COVID crisis thus far. The Western European nations with a very few exceptions are prime examples of how not to do things. Based on current track records Id have more faith in the Greek approach. In Western Europe there needs to be far more drastic law enforcement and huge fines to make people comply. People are stupid and sometimes there is such a thing as too much democracy!

agreed, agreed.

baffled me that at the dept of the crisis we couldn't enter Germany or Belgium, but they could enter nl. In turn ( I live at the beach) we got overrun by Germans.

to be fair I would support a Taiwan style lockdown, that way we would just get it over with. Now we are just moving along...

Often1 Aug 12, 2020 7:13 am

All rules for anything necessarily have an implementation date. At some point, something was or was not required and then after that point, it was or was not required.