Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

Negative covid test when arriving from 5 more countries

Negative covid test when arriving from 5 more countries

Old Oct 2, 20, 3:46 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest View Post
There go my plans! Any chance they will cancel flights!?
How difficult/expensive would it be to get a test done? In some places its not too expensive and may in the end be a feasible way to travel?
Old Oct 2, 20, 3:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
How difficult/expensive would it be to get a test done? In some places its not too expensive and may in the end be a feasible way to travel?
To be honest I am not really interested in getting a test done, better to rebook because obviously the virus is more prevalent now.

On Monday I phoned Aegean (as I saw the infection rate in Poland was going up) and asked about rebooking options. As the GoLight S ticket was booked and upgraded in January, I was told that I can rebook but will have to pay the fare difference/service fee. I was a bit annoyed that I can buy ComfortFlex P class for less now, but the agent said that they can't rebook into that fare, it has to be Light fare again (which I think is absurd + less miles now!). Total cost for rebooking (with the same upgrade vouchers applied) is about 32 EUR, so not too bad considering I can now fly in the summer.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Oct 2, 20, 5:13 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
How difficult/expensive would it be to get a test done?
Around 100-120 EUR in Warsaw at the moment.

Not sure how much time you need to get the result.
You can't just turn up and get tested. You need to book a visit to get tested by phone in advance.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Oct 2, 20, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by testman View Post
Around 100-120 EUR in Warsaw at the moment.

Not sure how much time you need to get the result.
You can't just turn up and get tested. You need to book a visit to get tested by phone in advance.

Some offer results in as little as 6 hours so if someone is willing to pay 100 euros it's not such a big problem. However, Greece announced this requirement on Thursday, 1 Oct leaving people no chance to book an appointment as this has to be done more in advance. It will be interesting to know how full flights will be in the next few days. It's a weekend in Poland. Labs are closed. All Polish tour operators almost immediately cancelled flights and holidays to Greece for the rest of this year following Greece's decision.
yurtripper likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: