Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

How much did you win in the follow your bag quiz?!

Old Aug 3, 20, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)

How much of a discount did you win on the Aegean follow your bag quiz?? A bit tricky at the moment because the website has crashed, but my guess is 35%!

Old Aug 3, 20, 9:37 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Code is not unique, everyone gets 35%.
Old Aug 3, 20, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yreal View Post
Code is not unique, everyone gets 35%.
Yes, quite. But according to the Terms & Conditions....

Why didn't they just save everyone's time and send a 35% discount code? What information are they extracting from this 'quiz'!?
Gnopps likes this.
Old Aug 3, 20, 11:03 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
What quiz? is there a link?
Old Aug 3, 20, 11:27 am

Programs: A3G, BA silver
Codes are FOLLOWMYBAG25
FOLLOWMYBAG30
and FOLLOWMYBAG35
Obviously use the latter. Discount only applied to the base fare so with the code the price more or less matches the prices offered by OTAs
Gnopps likes this.
Old Aug 3, 20, 11:55 am

Programs: A3*G, FB Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Would be nice if you can use on business class fares. In the conditions, there's no mention for 'economy only'?
Old Aug 3, 20, 12:40 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *S, AF *S
I got the 35%.
But I also realized that their "50% off" promotion from some days ago was a bit of a spam: I just checked the flights I booked and I would get them cheaper now (not even applying the 35% discount).

Great...
Old Aug 3, 20, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
What quiz? is there a link?
https://en.aegeanair.com/plan/offers...llow-your-bag/

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog View Post
Would be nice if you can use on business class fares. In the conditions, there's no mention for 'economy only'?
Without doing a full dummy booking, the price is reduced even for business class fares on the flight selection page.
Old Aug 3, 20, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest View Post
Why didn't they just save everyone's time and send a 35% discount code? What information are they extracting from this 'quiz'!?
Sign-ups for their newsletter. The IG story with the quiz was posted several hours before the emails started going out.
headingwest likes this.
Old Aug 3, 20, 1:16 pm

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Carpacchio View Post
I got the 35%.
But I also realized that their "50% off" promotion from some days ago was a bit of a spam: I just checked the flights I booked and I would get them cheaper now (not even applying the 35% discount).

Great...
That may be due to availability though. The A-class fares (business promo) definitely are back to their old prices. Where I booked one-ways for 100 euros during the discounts, the same fare class is now back to 170.
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Aug 3, 20, 1:57 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold, Tinder gold
I got the 25 percent, the d*mn b*stards might maybe however be dependent on geographical location as well? With those giving a home country further away getting the higher discount code? No idea why else they would bother with asking that question first!

Anyway, as already said above it is easy to manually "adjust" the discount code to get the 35 percent!
Old Aug 4, 20, 1:40 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer View Post
I got the 25 percent, the d*mn b*stards might maybe however be dependent on geographical location as well? With those giving a home country further away getting the higher discount code? No idea why else they would bother with asking that question first!

Anyway, as already said above it is easy to manually "adjust" the discount code to get the 35 percent!
also got the 25% offer here... guess they consider Luxembourg either too rich or too infectious to get bigger discount hahaha
headingwest likes this.
Old Aug 4, 20, 11:01 am

25%, located in the USA. Don't think I'll get a chance to use it before it expires. :-P
Old Aug 4, 20, 4:07 pm

I got 30% but changed it to 35% and my booking went through fine. I did try changing it to 50% etc but that didnít work!

Never heard of Chips before this quiz, hope I enjoy it!
Old Aug 5, 20, 2:48 am

A bit off-topic but since this thread is about prices, here's a strange phenomenon ...

This extremely bizarre price of go light drops when selecting a different date for the return trip, but on both occasions I haven't actually "selected" any return flights, I just set the dates (as you can tell from the flight informations and the "total" amount on the right side, which is exactly the price of the outbound leg).

I know it would have made some sense if a combination of outbound/inbound caused only Y fares to be bookable for one of the legs, but my understanding ist that this is not how Aegean's system works (as you can book just anything as a one-way with no difference in price than when the same flight is part of a return ticket).
What's more, if for whatever reason only Y was available in Economy, then this should apply to the Flex fares as well (I've never before noticed any difference in fares available in go light and flex, so far the fare available in go light is exactly the same that's available in flex, although it's worth noticing that the actual fare selected is not displayed in this particular example, nor do the miles).
Any (nonoffensive) opinions that would help us understand the way their booking system works a bit better are appreciated.

PS. When I tried a different date for the outbound I even got the business ticket to go down a couple of Euros to 359, making it almost the cheapest fare available .

Search this Thread
Search Engine: