Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges @ Athens Airport

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2021, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
I think he is talking about the Olympic flights. Even though it might be operated by Aegean and have an Aegean flight number.
,,I'm flying next week from Athens to Rome on Aegean."
There is no OA flight to Rome.
Old May 21, 2021, 11:08 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Having an OA flight number you won't be able to access the lounges as a non-A3-member. But with an A3 flight number (which you only get when combined with an international flight)...why not? When your boarding pass shows the A3 flight number then I would definitely try to enter the lounge.
romans likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by powergean
,,I'm flying next week from Athens to Rome on Aegean."
There is no OA flight to Rome.
I mean, not to speak on someone else's behalf, but the response seemed pretty clear to me. They said, 'Yes you can.' and then put a space and then started a new paragraph explaining that for Olympic flights, you can not. Perhaps you interpreted it differently than I did, but I think the response was trying to provide a brief description of the rules after answering the direct question.
Old May 22, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Yeah I didn't understand that either (and still don't).

A3 *G, flying ATH-JMK in C on an A37xxx flight, I should have access to both the A3 lounge and the LH lounge, correct?
Old May 22, 2021, 7:55 am

I know, but still not correct. As A* gold, you can entry aegean lounge also when you have OA ticket. Not the Lufthansa lounge.
Old May 22, 2021, 7:58 am

Yes, with A3 flight you have access to both. With Olympic only to Aegean.
Old May 23, 2021, 10:45 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Having an OA flight number you won't be able to access the lounges as a non-A3-member. But with an A3 flight number (which you only get when combined with an international flight)...why not? When your boarding pass shows the A3 flight number then I would definitely try to enter the lounge.
I think with Star Alliance, lounge access is determined by the operating carrier, not the flight number as is the case with OneWorld.
As a Star Alliance Gold customer travelling in any class on a Star Alliance member airline operated flight, you have access to any member airline lounge at the airport where your flight departs, if the following conditions are met:
  • You present your boarding pass of a Star Alliance member airline operated flight which departs at the same day as your visit or latest by 05:00 AM the next morning.
  • If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need to also show your valid Star Alliance Gold card.
  • The lounge displays the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance
I remember flying from Athens to Malta back in 2017, flight number was A3 690 but it was flown by an Olympic turboprop and LH lounge dragon turned me away.

Last edited by palcsaky; May 23, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Old May 24, 2021, 1:35 am

I have to say that in this case the LH lounge dragon was wrong.

We have discussed this case many times in the forum (i get that it's confusing but try bear with it). A3690 (and all A3 international flights except LCA) are A3 operating flights. The difference is that they use OA aircraft (but that does not mean that the operating carrier is OA, i know weird right?). Similarly, all domestic flights (and LCA flights) are OA operating flights (despite that they might use A3 aircraft). Think like A3 in the former case (or OA in the latter case) just use leased aircraft for their operations.
cad-spe and palcsaky like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 8:12 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
It's already good to read that A3 lounge has some limited offering (wine and yogurt?). Better than nothing.
I was in the Schengen A3 lounge on Saturday afternoon. The offerings aren't great but I was pleasantly surprised. When I looked on the website, the page still said "open only as a waiting areas, no food or drink available". Far from "just yogurt", there are small sandwiches, which taste a lot nicer than they look as well as cakes, cookies etc. There seemed to be some tubs of either salad or fruit too, but I didn't try those. There is the usual full drinks selection in the fridges, but only disposable cups. Basically everything is pre-sealed - even the single tissues/serviettes are plastic wrapped which seems very wasteful but understandable I guess. Only plastic cutlery is available. You still have to wait to be served coffee by staff - that's the only thing available that isn't sealed.
Xandrios likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I was in the Schengen A3 lounge on Saturday afternoon. The offerings aren't great but I was pleasantly surprised. When I looked on the website, the page still said "open only as a waiting areas, no food or drink available". Far from "just yogurt", there are small sandwiches, which taste a lot nicer than they look as well as cakes, cookies etc. There seemed to be some tubs of either salad or fruit too, but I didn't try those. There is the usual full drinks selection in the fridges, but only disposable cups. Basically everything is pre-sealed - even the single tissues/serviettes are plastic wrapped which seems very wasteful but understandable I guess. Only plastic cutlery is available. You still have to wait to be served coffee by staff - that's the only thing available that isn't sealed.
Were you allowed to eat and drink in the lounge?
Old May 24, 2021, 12:45 pm

Actually, this is the way that things were sealed at Aspire lounge @ Schiphol. Every single slice of cheese etc. was sealed in plastic.
Old May 24, 2021, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Actually, this is the way that things were sealed at Aspire lounge @ Schiphol. Every single slice of cheese etc. was sealed in plastic.
Just when we thought the Aspire lounge couldn't get any worse. Is the *A lounge next door still closed?
Old May 24, 2021, 2:18 pm

Nope still not open. Aspire is open only to the airlines that have a contract here (e.g. LH were sent away) and they also apply the 3-hour limit stay (calling pax. after that time). It's a good thing they have alcohol... I also think the lounge itself is an improvement from the old one.
Old May 28, 2021, 9:01 am

What's the situation with guest access at the ATH A3 lounge right now? I presume they're running at reduced capacity due to the virus so are they still allowing an A3 Gold to bring in a guest? Or is it on an as-available basis depending how busy things are? I'm stopping by with a friend in around ten days and we'd be there around 10:30am, hopefully for two or three hours as we both have long connections (to different A3 flights). I guess mid-morning is a pretty busy time, from what I remember. Does anybody have recent, first hand experience? Thanks.
Did you have an update on this? Or maybe another member has?
Old May 28, 2021, 9:07 am

No change, one friend you can bring in, but has to be on the same flight. So in your case he can not enter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.