Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges @ Athens Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2020, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Lounges @ Athens Airport

Hi,
Anyone know if the Aegean and Contract lounges are open?
I am flying in very late at night and have a 7AM flight to Budapest...
Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2020, 5:54 am

According to Aegean site

*Important Notice: Currently only the Intra Schengen Business Lounge at the Athens International airport is open. Operating hours: Daily 05.00 am -10.00 pm. Lounges at Thessaloniki and Larnaka are temporarily closed.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 12:51 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
And according to the airport website the Skyserv lounge is open at the non-Schengen side.

Question is who may enter though. Will all airlines allow to make use of these two lounges?
Old Jun 26, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Any word on the Melina Mercouri lounge at ATH? Got a Sky Express flight coming up in a week or so.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

I am flying on Tuesday @ 930PM and have a flight leaving out 7 AM (Schengen). I'll do my best to send in an update and who/what is open.
Xandrios and Romanianflyer like this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
TBH in this day and age sometimes sitting in remote corner of terminal somehow feels safer than the lounges i remember at ATH. Small, stuffy, badly airconditioned
janehoya and giorginho like this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 2:03 am
Original Poster

So all lounges are closed except the Aegean schengen loounge. THat was on july 1 morning
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by AAbruflyer
So all lounges are closed except the Aegean schengen loounge. THat was on july 1 morning
So anything good on offer? I mean, flying w6 is one thing, but flying w6 out of athens... brrrr.

But if all i get is a bottle of water and a can of beer i wont bother.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 4:28 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Was in the Aegean lounge today, 2 sandwiches on offer, a cheese one and a turkey one with a white cheese spread which actually tasted good. Wines were nice, and there was a fruit salad and a greek salad with olive oil. No spirits from what I saw, and the usual coke and amita offerings, so surprisingly good compared to their lack of catering on board! Coffee machine you were not allowed to do self service, they blocked it off and had an attendant serving coffee for you.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 6:57 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Was in the Aegean lounge today, 2 sandwiches on offer, a cheese one and a turkey one with a white cheese spread which actually tasted good. Wines were nice, and there was a fruit salad and a greek salad with olive oil. No spirits from what I saw, and the usual coke and amita offerings, so surprisingly good compared to their lack of catering on board! Coffee machine you were not allowed to do self service, they blocked it off and had an attendant serving coffee for you.
Are you sure they didnt block the coffee machine because they got fed up with everyone screwing up the pads?
headingwest likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 3:56 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Yreal
Are you sure they didnt block the coffee machine because they got fed up with everyone screwing up the pads?
No idea, I don't even drink coffee, I just found it funny how it was cordoned off and people were asking if they can do it themselves, to which the lady at the machine said no I have to do it for you!
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
No idea, I don't even drink coffee, I just found it funny how it was cordoned off and people were asking if they can do it themselves, to which the lady at the machine said no I have to do it for you!
regardless of corona, this is an improvement!
Old Jul 6, 2020, 7:20 am
Original Poster

You cannot access the Aegean lounge if you fly W6
Old Jul 6, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I think the point was that given a choice of W6 without the lounge or A3 with a greatly reduced selection in the lounge, it might not make sense to pay much more for A3.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 11:55 am

i feel dirty. I booked the direct Ryanair flight for 10€ insteadof connecting in ath ;(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.