FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Lounges @ Athens Airport (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/2020455-lounges-athens-airport.html)

AAbruflyer Jun 26, 2020 4:53 am

Lounges @ Athens Airport

Hi,
Anyone know if the Aegean and Contract lounges are open?
I am flying in very late at night and have a 7AM flight to Budapest...
Thanks

Chr04 Jun 26, 2020 5:54 am

According to Aegean site

*Important Notice: Currently only the Intra Schengen Business Lounge at the Athens International airport is open. Operating hours: Daily 05.00 am -10.00 pm. Lounges at Thessaloniki and Larnaka are temporarily closed.

Xandrios Jun 26, 2020 12:51 pm

And according to the airport website the Skyserv lounge is open at the non-Schengen side.

Question is who may enter though. Will all airlines allow to make use of these two lounges?

Romanianflyer Jun 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Any word on the Melina Mercouri lounge at ATH? Got a Sky Express flight coming up in a week or so.

AAbruflyer Jun 26, 2020 11:44 pm

I am flying on Tuesday @ 930PM and have a flight leaving out 7 AM (Schengen). I'll do my best to send in an update and who/what is open.

nufnuf77 Jun 29, 2020 2:27 am

TBH in this day and age sometimes sitting in remote corner of terminal somehow feels safer than the lounges i remember at ATH. Small, stuffy, badly airconditioned

AAbruflyer Jul 2, 2020 2:03 am

So all lounges are closed except the Aegean schengen loounge. THat was on july 1 morning

Yreal Jul 5, 2020 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by AAbruflyer (Post 32501464)
So all lounges are closed except the Aegean schengen loounge. THat was on july 1 morning

So anything good on offer? I mean, flying w6 is one thing, but flying w6 out of athens... brrrr.

But if all i get is a bottle of water and a can of beer i wont bother.

ahmetdouas Jul 5, 2020 4:28 pm

Was in the Aegean lounge today, 2 sandwiches on offer, a cheese one and a turkey one with a white cheese spread which actually tasted good. Wines were nice, and there was a fruit salad and a greek salad with olive oil. No spirits from what I saw, and the usual coke and amita offerings, so surprisingly good compared to their lack of catering on board! Coffee machine you were not allowed to do self service, they blocked it off and had an attendant serving coffee for you.

Yreal Jul 5, 2020 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas (Post 32510334)
Was in the Aegean lounge today, 2 sandwiches on offer, a cheese one and a turkey one with a white cheese spread which actually tasted good. Wines were nice, and there was a fruit salad and a greek salad with olive oil. No spirits from what I saw, and the usual coke and amita offerings, so surprisingly good compared to their lack of catering on board! Coffee machine you were not allowed to do self service, they blocked it off and had an attendant serving coffee for you.

Are you sure they didnt block the coffee machine because they got fed up with everyone screwing up the pads?

ahmetdouas Jul 6, 2020 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Yreal (Post 32510565)
Are you sure they didnt block the coffee machine because they got fed up with everyone screwing up the pads?

No idea, I don't even drink coffee, I just found it funny how it was cordoned off and people were asking if they can do it themselves, to which the lady at the machine said no I have to do it for you!

Yreal Jul 6, 2020 6:08 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas (Post 32511116)
No idea, I don't even drink coffee, I just found it funny how it was cordoned off and people were asking if they can do it themselves, to which the lady at the machine said no I have to do it for you!

regardless of corona, this is an improvement!

AAbruflyer Jul 6, 2020 7:20 am

You cannot access the Aegean lounge if you fly W6

headingwest Jul 6, 2020 7:57 am

Originally Posted by AAbruflyer (Post 32511436)

I think the point was that given a choice of W6 without the lounge or A3 with a greatly reduced selection in the lounge, it might not make sense to pay much more for A3.

Yreal Jul 6, 2020 11:55 am

Originally Posted by AAbruflyer (Post 32511436)

i feel dirty. I booked the direct Ryanair flight for 10€ insteadof connecting in ath ;(