Lounges @ Athens Airport

Old Oct 18, 2020, 2:11 pm

,,And it doesn't necessarily mean that they are about to go bankrupt either.'" No way for bankraupt, for the moment. Aegean had a loss of 150 million in the first half year, when nothing was working. The summer 3 month was not so bad, so i think the full year losses will be around 200-250 million . They started the covid crise with 650 million cash. So they have money enough for one more year like 2020...but hopefully will be better.
jerry_greece likes this.

Last edited by powergean; Oct 18, 2020 at 2:30 pm
Old Oct 18, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by johnirvine
Aegean now seems to be operating its Larnaca 'hub' lounge at very restricted times. Last night, the lounge was closed even though there were 40 business passengers on the LH flight to FRA and probably a number of *G passengers in economy. From the evidence in various threads, Aegean now seems to be getting seriously short of cash. The same is true with LH who are rapidly getting through the 10 billion bailout by the German government and are therefore shutting lounges like the one in Duesseldorf.
no point in running a lounge in a country with heavy entry restrictions... they aint gonna have it open all day for the 3 flights.

I pittty wizzair. They must be running empty flights from lca all day... i mean, yeveran? Iasi? Chisinau?

Pitty
flyertalker0039345 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 3:00 pm

Shout out to the chocolates in the a3 lounge btw! Those are divine.

i smuggle them into the lh lounge 😇
Old Oct 18, 2020, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Yreal
no point in running a lounge in a country with heavy entry restrictions... they aint gonna have it open all day for the 3 flights.

I pittty wizzair. They must be running empty flights from lca all day... i mean, yeveran? Iasi? Chisinau?

Pitty
Why must??
Old Oct 18, 2020, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by powergean
Why must??
Cyprus is basicly closed for everyone.

Cant immagine much cypriots traveling to a warzone like armenia right now.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 7:21 pm

Why must?
Cyprus is basicly closed for everyone.
Cant immagine much cypriots traveling to a warzone like armenia right now.
Now, either this is an extremely cryptic, private exchange of messages, or it's one of the most ionescan dialogues I've ever read!

Last edited by KLouis; Oct 18, 2020 at 7:29 pm
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:22 pm

Programs: THY Elite Plus, Aegean Gold, LH FTL. Former BA Gold, Air France Platinum, Czech Gold, United PE.
Originally Posted by Yreal

Pitty
What is the actual source of your information? Cyprus has entry restrictions that are specific and appropriate to other countries' epidemiological situations. Yes, British tourists, for example, need to show a Covid-19 certificate for entry but this did not stop 30 flights from the UK landing in Cyprus yesterday. As a result, many 5-star hotels are currently fully booked. I own a large marine tourism business and we are actually 55% up month to date on October 1-17 last year. Thank God for Wizzair and the other carriers who are being subsidised by the Cyprus government to bring in economically necessary tourists.

Last edited by johnirvine; Oct 18, 2020 at 11:36 pm
Old Oct 19, 2020, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by johnirvine
What is the actual source of your information? Cyprus has entry restrictions that are specific and appropriate to other countries' epidemiological situations. Yes, British tourists, for example, need to show a Covid-19 certificate for entry but this did not stop 30 flights from the UK landing in Cyprus yesterday. As a result, many 5-star hotels are currently fully booked. I own a large marine tourism business and we are actually 55% up month to date on October 1-17 last year. Thank God for Wizzair and the other carriers who are being subsidised by the Cyprus government to bring in economically necessary tourists.
i thought they even upped that already?

looking into it, i guess the dutch travel advice isnt accurate? https://www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl/l...zen/reisadvies

It says im not allowed into Cyprus, but Cyprus itself says im allowed with a negative test and quarantine.

I guess i was wrong on Cyprus, as it is not a schengen country. Armenians, moldovians, romanians, georgians, ect have to quarantain like the dutch. Its an assumtion, but i dont think that results in much traffic?

And sorry for assuming wrongly.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:01 pm

Asked a friend at Schiphol today, he confirmed that all star alliance carriers are allowed into aspire(26).
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:18 am

Programs: A3 *G
What's the situation with guest access at the ATH A3 lounge right now? I presume they're running at reduced capacity due to the virus so are they still allowing an A3 Gold to bring in a guest? Or is it on an as-available basis depending how busy things are? I'm stopping by with a friend in around ten days and we'd be there around 10:30am, hopefully for two or three hours as we both have long connections (to different A3 flights). I guess mid-morning is a pretty busy time, from what I remember. Does anybody have recent, first hand experience? Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
LH ATH is definitely one of the gems when it comes to European business lounges.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 2:09 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
So I had some flights via ATH this week. I checked out the lounges to see what food they offered. I have mixed feeling about which I like better. Had a morning flight out to Hamburg so when to both lounges to see what they had for breakfast. LH had better quality food but they pushed much more on the sweet side. They had very little on the savory side, a tiny half sandwich and pre-packed bread sticks. While A3 next door had very much a savory push. Nice salads, cups, simple sandwiches (too simple for my liking) while the sweet side was limited to dry muffins and some chocolate. I would say that I would have liked LH more, but I just am not a sweet breakfast person and the sweet was just too much.
A3 had more space to sit, which was a bit of a problem in the LH lounges as the dinning area was full when I arrived. Most likely because I was on the HAM flight. The sitting area at the same time was half empty. A3 was at most half full, so there was no problem finding a seat. If you don't mind sitting at bar seating by the wall then those seats were always free on the couple of visits to the lounge I made over the week.
romans and giorginho like this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 2:21 pm

Just found some old pics of the lh lounge. They actualy managed to maintain a fair amount tbh.
romans likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper
LH ATH is definitely one of the gems when it comes to European business lounges.
I like it at Christmas they usually do a really nice festive spread on a large table near the windows. Not sure they will do the same this year but lets hope .
yurtripper and powergean like this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 3:58 pm

Lets hope!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.