Lounges @ Athens Airport

Old Sep 24, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...-international

The genius part of using the internet.

As others have mentioned, nearly all ATH lounges have been open for awhile now (Extra Schengen Swissport was still closed earlier this week).
Old Sep 24, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...-international

The genius part of using the internet.

As others have mentioned, nearly all ATH lounges have been open for awhile now (Extra Schengen Swissport was still closed earlier this week).
Thanks, this has always bothered me, but when seeing it i'm mostly to wasted to register it.

Athens has Satellite Terminal??
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:09 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
There's the A gates for extra Schengen, B gates for intra Schengen and the satellite terminal (Confusingly also with A gates) for low-cost airlines like Ryanair and Easyjet. You'll walk underground from the check-in area through a tunnel to the satellite terminal.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
There's the A gates for extra Schengen, B gates for intra Schengen and the satellite terminal (Confusingly also with A gates) for low-cost airlines like Ryanair and Easyjet. You'll walk underground from the check-in area through a tunnel to the satellite terminal.
where is this tunnel? I cant find any clues online on where to find it
Old Sep 25, 2020, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Yreal
where is this tunnel? I cant find any clues online on where to find it
There are stairs (down) in between the two security checkpoints for Schengen and non-Schengen, kind of in between the restaurants there. There's a guard to make sure that you only enter if you hold a valid ticket.

Yreal and romans like this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 3:51 am

Talking

There are stairs (down) in between the two security checkpoints for Schengen and non-Schengen, kind of in between the restaurants there. There's a guard to make sure that you only enter if you hold a valid ticket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvHPFp63gJg

Thanks !

Layover for skg-ams on sunday is now 3.45, so this gives me something to do besides getting drunk
Old Sep 26, 2020, 3:08 am

Well, unless your flight to AMS is operated by Transavia, you won't actually be allowed into the tunnel. You need a low-cost flight to be allowed in. A3 and KL both depart from the B gates which is in the main terminal
Old Sep 26, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Well, unless your flight to AMS is operated by Transavia, you won't actually be allowed into the tunnel. You need a low-cost flight to be allowed in. A3 and KL both depart from the B gates which is in the main terminal
Well... I once flew Brussels Airlines from Athens to Brussels. As A3*G I was looking forward to eat some tiropita and spanakopita in the A3 Lounge before leaving Greece. You know, tiropita just doesn't taste the same abroad. When I was walking to the gate I was realising that I won't go the the usual A and B gates I am very familiar with in Athens Airport. Instead, I ended up at the other side of the airport after 20 minutes of walking and no Star alliance lounge available.

As far as I know, SN isn't a low-cost airline but too bad they're profiling themself as a low-cost airline by saving costs and choose for the Satellite terminal! Very sad!
Xandrios likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 5:41 am

That is true for SN. However, you can still pass through the security for B gates and say to the officers that you want to go to the lounge. Then you just need to budget yourself some time in order to go to the A gates.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 12:01 am

Could still have a look around

still, flying anything but a3 out of ath feels like cheating.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 9:02 am

Haha I guess. For many many years I had been flying KLM from ATH - but in my defense that was before A3 served the AMS route. Now I fly both, though right now with COVID only Aegean due to the obscene prices that KLM charges for business class.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 10:43 am

Haha I guess. For many many years I had been flying KLM from ATH - but in my defense that was before A3 served the AMS route. Now I fly both, though right now with COVID only Aegean due to the obscene prices that KLM charges for business class.
I still got a few 50 euro kl vouchers for complaining that I had to eat a cheese sandwich in C after upgrading realy late. makes for a 10 euro flight on kl ams-ath. Not to shabby. Wich lounge does kl use anyway in ath?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 12:48 pm

Goldair. Normally its perfectly acceptable as a typical contract lounge, though not on the level of the LH lounge. However, havent been in there since Corona but I believe the reviews here were not too great lately.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 1:07 pm

Goldair. Normally its perfectly acceptable as a typical contract lounge, though not on the level of the LH lounge. However, havent been in there since Corona but I believe the reviews here were not too great lately.
mweh, ill stick to lh. The food is fresher now its packed, booze unmatched.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 5:07 am

Is the A3 lounge in SKG still closed?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.