Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges @ Athens Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2020, 3:51 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Went to Goldair and Aegean lounges yesterday.

Goldair food is very very limited now - you have to ask an attendant for any food or drinks.

Aegean is miles better than Goldair right now, I actually prefer the current choice to pre COVID choice. Apart for coffee it is all self serve, there are wipes available.

Skyserv and LH are still closed.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by GVA

Goldair food is very very limited now - you have to ask an attendant for any food or drinks.

Aegean is miles better than Goldair right now, I actually prefer the current choice to pre COVID choice. Apart for coffee it is all self serve, there are wipes available.

Agreed, I was really impressed with the Aegean lounge, especially after being starved on the plane!
Old Jul 15, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Agreed, I was really impressed with the Aegean lounge, especially after being starved on the plane!
I will have the opportunity to visit both the Aegean and the Goldair lounges in about a couple of weeks time.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by GVA

lh says they opened though...

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/lounges
Old Jul 18, 2020, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Yreal
lh says they opened though...

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/lounges
It's a typo! The re-opening was just announced yesterday and, as with a few other LH lounges outside Germany, it is expected/announced to open on Monday, July 20th (some lounges in Germany open in the 22nd).
Old Jul 20, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Skyserv and Aegean in the non-Schengen Hall A are now opened.

Unfortunately due to a flight change my original A3 ticket got reissued on a codeshare RO-operated flight which means no lounge for me as Goldair (being the designated TAROM lounge) is still closed. And none of the lounge dragons at the 2 other lounges wanted to make an exception despite holding both *A and SkyTeam status
Old Aug 2, 2020, 10:42 pm

The germans stil have solid whisky
Old Sep 2, 2020, 5:40 am

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
Flying out of Athens and have access to A3, LH, and the Goldair lounges out of the schengen zone. Any recommendations on which to choose? Only really have time to visit 1, as I am leaving early in the morning.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by WannabeSE
Flying out of Athens and have access to A3, LH, and the Goldair lounges out of the schengen zone. Any recommendations on which to choose? Only really have time to visit 1, as I am leaving early in the morning.
defo no Goldair, I was there last Saturday although there was very nice service woman but that's all.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by WannabeSE
doesnt realy mater.

lh is quiter.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 10:41 am

Ola, a bit off topic but can anyone confirm that Thessaloniki A3 - Intra Schengen is still closed? I see there is also Manolis Andronikos Lounge, but is it also opened for A3 biz ticket holders? bless

EDIT: answer: all closed

Last edited by romans; Sep 8, 2020 at 11:26 pm
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:39 am

Am I right in assuming, that boarding to a Schengen A3 flight in ATH is still done out of the A3-lounge? That would mean if I wanted to check out both LH and A3 Lounges, it would be best done in that order, right? :-)
Old Sep 23, 2020, 2:14 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
No, this was never the case in ATH - only in SKG. In ATH you'll have to walk to your gate, and I believe that in both lounges they no longer do announcements for A3 flights (so keep an eye on the time).
jonasfischer and giorginho like this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed, no announcements in either of the A3 lounges at ATH last week.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 2:29 am

I am going to Mykonos tomorrow no gate number yet -is the Priority lounge open-(-in NY JFK all lounges were closed )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.