Old Nov 5, 2020, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Terms & Conditions of the vouchers:

1. The promotional code is valid for one way and return flights, operated by AEGEAN and/or Olympic Air, and/or for flights by other collaborating airlines (codeshare flights).

2. Valid for bookings and flights that will take place within the next 18 months, from the date that this email was sent, only through aegeanair.com, olympicair.com and the AEGEAN app.

3. In order for the promotional code to be valid, it must be entered in the "promotional code" field displayed in the booking form.

4. In order for the promotional code to be valid, the booking must take place in the same currency in which the promotional code has been issued.

5. The new ticket that will be issued by redeeming the Credit Voucher, will fall under the rules of the fare class that will be issued.

6. The promotional code can only be used for the same passenger that the Credit Voucher was issued for, and his/her full name in the new booking must match exactly the name indicated in this email

7. Only one promotional code can be used in each booking and the booking must be only for one passenger.

8. The promotional code can be redeemed in more than one bookings/transactions. If the new booking is of lower value than the promotional code , then the difference will remain as a credit balance and the promotional code can be used in another booking . If the new booking is of higher value than the promotional code, then you will be required to pay the difference at the time of booking.

9. After the 12 months of the date of its issuance, and provided that the Credit Voucher has not been used in full or at all, passenger is eligible to request refund of the (remaining) unused amount paid for his initial booking.

10. The value of the promotional code can be redeemed for the total ticket value (fare, taxes, flight-related services purchased e.g. extra baggage, preferred seat, fast track, pet, sports equipment)

11. The Credit Voucher cannot be used for award tickets that will be issued with Miles+Bonus miles redemption, Business on Board points redemption, and through Bank loyalty schemes points redemption.

12. The Credit Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional code. Only one promotional code can be used in each booking.
Print Wikipost

The Credit Voucher

Old Apr 20, 2020, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Sapphire (BA Silver), Hilton Diamond
The Credit Voucher

Seeing as in the next few months (years?) we will be hearing a lot about this new Credit Voucher to deal with COVID-19 cancellations, it might be useful to have a dedicated thread.

Has anyone actually been issued with one yet?

How long did it take to receive?

Does it work as described?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 11:21 am

My came after 17 days. I allredy bought tickets , was no problem, very easy.
headingwest likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Sapphire (BA Silver), Hilton Diamond
I wonder if these vouchers will also be valid to redeem on award bookings?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 6:22 am

No, i just called to ask them.

Last edited by powergean; Apr 21, 2020 at 6:35 am
Old Apr 21, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Can the voucher be used online?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 8:24 am

only online.
Old May 19, 2020, 8:57 am
Original Poster

First voucher received today, requested on the 9th May. Another requested on 21st April still hasn't arrived, kind of strange.

powergean likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 4:11 pm

According to their website, you cannot apply for a voucher if the ticket was bought with Miles+Bonus miles and Bank loyalty scheme points. See question 5 on Aegean's "Credit Voucher FAQs" page. I guess that means that if your flight is cancelled you can get an actual refund (of miles and cash) instead of a voucher. If you've had a ticket booked using miles cancelled, please let us know whether you got an actual refund.

For the time being, I don't see an option to use a voucher when booking through Miles+Bonus. There is a field for a "Promotional Code" when booking through the regular form (without Miles+Bonus), but this field does not appear when booking through Miles+Bonus.
Old May 21, 2020, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cargojam
According to their website, you cannot apply for a voucher if the ticket was bought with Miles+Bonus miles and Bank loyalty scheme points. See question 5 on Aegean's "Credit Voucher FAQs" page. I guess that means that if your flight is cancelled you can get an actual refund (of miles and cash) instead of a voucher. If you've had a ticket booked using miles cancelled, please let us know whether you got an actual refund.

For the time being, I don't see an option to use a voucher when booking through Miles+Bonus. There is a field for a "Promotional Code" when booking through the regular form (without Miles+Bonus), but this field does not appear when booking through Miles+Bonus.
For bookings with miles (award bookings), when the flight is cancelled by the airline you will have the option of rebooking or a full refund of miles and fees - a voucher is not an option. I can confirm that they do refund, as I had miles and cash refunded for a cancelled booking in March. Also note, according to what powergean posted earlier, vouchers cannot be used for making award bookings.

Here is one useful thing that I discovered about the 'promotional code' field. On the website 'Book a flight' page, there is no such field on the multi-flight (more options tab). So if you have a open-jaw booking, it is not possible to redeem the voucher. Luckily, the field exists on the app, so it is possible to make a multi-flight booking there.
Xandrios likes this.

Last edited by headingwest; May 21, 2020 at 1:18 am
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Here is one useful thing that I discovered about the 'promotional code' field. On the website 'Book a flight' page, there is no such field on the multi-flight (more options tab). So if you have a open-jaw booking, it is not possible to redeem the voucher. Luckily, the field exists on the app, so it is possible to make a multi-flight booking there.
Unfortunately, with voucher or without it, neither on the website nor with the app mult-city booking is possible. I get an error.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Grigoris
Unfortunately, with voucher or without it, neither on the website nor with the app mult-city booking is possible. I get an error.
They have got some technical issues with the multi-city booking engine. I have been in contact with them since Wednesday to get a booking made. Some dates work, some dates don't. The voucher is not the issue here, it's their flaky IT!
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:46 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Early in July I cancelled a business class fare for a trip to MJT as was told by that agent that it would take about three months for the refund to take place.

Yesterday I gave a ring to the call centre and asked if instead of waiting for the refund to receive a voucher. The agent put me on hold for a while and then came back confirming that it would take 3 to 4 business days to receive the voucher. A few minutes after the call I got an email confirmation stating that my request had been recorded. That leads to earlier today when I received a new (automated) email from A3 advising me that my request cannot be processed any further as the reason for the cancellation of my booking was not related to any changes to the schedule of my flight !

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Oct 24, 2020 at 3:48 am Reason: Remove content driving an off topic discussion
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Alexandros Bravos
Early in July I cancelled a business class fare for a trip to MJT as was told by that agent that it would take about three months for the refund to take place.

Yesterday I gave a ring to the call centre and asked if instead of waiting for the refund to receive a voucher. The agent put me on hold for a while and then came back confirming that it would take 3 to 4 business days to receive the voucher. A few minutes after the call I got an email confirmation stating that my request had been recorded. That leads to earlier today when I received a new (automated) email from A3 advising me that my request cannot be processed any further as the reason for the cancellation of my booking was not related to any changes to the schedule of my flight !
But... you had the right to take a refund based on the ticket conditions. Why would they not allow a voucher? Very odd! Sounds like somebody tries to stick to the rules even though that's obviously worse for all parties involved (including Aegean)...

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Oct 24, 2020 at 3:49 am Reason: Remove off topic content from side discussion
Old Oct 16, 2020, 3:34 pm

Received the voucher in 24 hours. Very straightforward.
romans likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 4:00 pm

Is strange... I can not understand ..in the crise..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.