Call centre response times

Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:38 pm

Programs: THY Elite Plus, Aegean Gold, LH FTL. Former BA Gold, Air France Platinum, Czech Gold, United PE.
I have called the Aegean English-language Gold line four times in the last few days to cancel or rebook tickets. In no case, have I had to wait more than two minutes. This is excellent service given the current circumstances. Perhaps there is a difference with the Greek-language service?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nectar Card
Yeah what is the English-language Gold number? Or where can it be found? Looks like the numbers printed on the back of the Gold card are just the regular contact numbers for Greece. :/
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:44 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Yeah what is the English-language Gold number? Or where can it be found? Looks like the numbers printed on the back of the Gold card are just the regular contact numbers for Greece. :/
Log into your Aegean account online. Under 'My Miles+Bonus account' it should say 'My Gold benefits!' The number is listed there.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:27 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by johnirvine
I have called the Aegean English-language Gold line four times in the last few days to cancel or rebook tickets. In no case, have I had to wait more than two minutes. This is excellent service given the current circumstances. Perhaps there is a difference with the Greek-language service?
What I've gathered is that once you are connected (ie you get the welcome message) then you are Golden (pun intended). But because physically the Gold line shares the same infrastructure with the regular CS, when that system is overwhelmed with calls - so is the Gold line.

I've had to call about 25 times to get connected. Each time it would just say that the number is not in use, or, that it is busy. But after I finally got connected and got to the welcome message I was talking to an operator in 30 seconds.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: A3*G
Called them on Thursday around 23:00 on the Gold line and had a ~4 minute wait time, nothing major.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Log into your Aegean account online. Under 'My Miles+Bonus account' it should say 'My Gold benefits!' The number is listed there.
Thank you very much, I found it. I wish this was printed on the Gold cards themselves!
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Unhappy

Hello all,
I was going to fly to Athens and back CDG-ATH-CDG March 18 return March 20 to attend an event. Event cancelled.

Now it so happens that the Greek government will put all people arriving in Greece in Quarantine for 14 days
Quote:
All people arriving in Greece from abroad are to be required to self-isolate for 14 days.
https://www.ekathimerini.com/250685/...ponse-to-virus

I would still have gone and was ready to travel if not for the Quarantine. I even checked-in online.
All too late now. No trip due to Greek government restrictions.

I need to contact Aegean. I tried finding the call center phone numbers on their website and then also here on this board, to no avail.

I need help here. I don't want to rebook as I had no intention being there other than attending the event.

Can some help me with the call center phone numbers? As many as available.
I need to speak to them and explain my situation ASAP.

I will be very grateful. Thank you very much in advance.

CDG1
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:41 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The Greek number: +302106261000
French number: (+33) 170 031323

If you are a gold member there is also a special number available, which will put you to the head of the CS queue. You can find that after logging in at the website.

You should be able to cancel your check in online. If you really cannot get a hold of anybody you can then use the website (manage my booking) to see if that gives any options regarding cancelation or moving the flights. Have you booked a Light or Flex fare?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
The Greek number: +302106261000
French number: (+33) 170 031323

If you are a gold member there is also a special number available, which will put you to the head of the CS queue. You can find that after logging in at the website.

You should be able to cancel your check in online. If you really cannot get a hold of anybody you can then use the website (manage my booking) to see if that gives any options regarding cancelation or moving the flights. Have you booked a Light or Flex fare?
Thank you very much for your reply Xandrios providing me with the phone numbers.This is very helpful.

I am not Aegean Gold. I am United Lifetime Gold Million +++ miles flyer.
I prefer speaking to them on the phone. I will wait whatever time it takes. I always prefer humans to AI.

I booked a Light. I had no other reason going to Athens than the event. A one-off (Olympic) event that will not replicate.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:49 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I managed yesterday to get through at 21:00, using the French number. German and Greece numbers basically did not connect, all day long.
My experience exactly. I get through the voice and music message and then it always disconnects and have to start over again and again and again. Fails every time.
Will try the French number later this evening and see. I need to talk to them. The online thing won't do the job.
Edited:
Still no Aegean avail on the Greek and French phone lines. Been trying several hours. Why can't they answer the phones? So much wasted time.

Last edited by CDG1; Mar 16, 2020 at 5:22 pm
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by CDG1
{snip}...I need to talk to them...{snip}...Why can't they answer the phones?...{snip}
The answer to the question you ask is found in the first part of the quote: because there are many more who need to talk to them like you. In addition to the increased number of callers, and given the measures about crowding in closed spaces, A3 may have had to reduce the number of agents (wo)manning the call centre.

Last edited by KLouis; Mar 16, 2020 at 9:15 pm
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:01 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by KLouis
The answer to the question you ask is found in the first part of the quote: because there are many more who need to talk to them like you. In addition to the increased number of callers, and given the measures about crowding in closed spaces, A3 may have had to reduce the number of agents (wo)manning the call centre.
I understand your point. I know there are thousands of us calling but it's been a long time with many many trys and constant fails.

I have been trying and trying to reach the call center until late last night and again all morning via the French and Greek numbers, to no avail.

I am trying to cancel my flights online to no avail - I am leaving tomorrow morning. I will be a no show.
I can't reach the call center although I have tried and tried.

I don't see how I can cancel my flights online and I can't reach the call center.
Will they still refund if I don't go on the flight?

Do I have to show at the airport in person letting them know I am not flying? I am provincial it would cost and be complicatted going all the way there and not fly.

I need help.
Thank you.

Last edited by CDG1; Mar 17, 2020 at 8:07 am
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:16 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Sapphire (BA Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CDG1
Do I have to show at the airport in person letting them know I am not flying? I am provincial it would cost and be complicatted going all the way there and not fly.

I need help.
Thank you.
Can you not send a direct message on Twitter? I have been in contact with them several times in the last few days and they have replied within 4 or 5 hours every time. If you send a message there, at least it will be a 'timestamp' on your attempts to cancel the booking, which may help in any subsequent requests for a refund.

I think they are really trying their best to deal with all calls, but they are simply overwhelmed.
CDG1 and percysmith like this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:48 am

Angry

Originally Posted by hermes1
I've been trying for the past 4 days to get through. At all times. Even 12.00- 03.00am. I have a flight tomorrow which can only be changed by the call centre. I have written to them on Facebook and sent an email as well as going to the ticket desk at the airport. It's important that I'm not logged as a "no-show" tomorrow. The main problem is that the call times-out after 10 minutes so then you have to start again. Feeling exasperated!!! Changing a ticket is not as easy as Aegean says it is!
I am having the same BAD experience as you. I also tried Facebook, to no avail. Sent them a message which remained without any answer.
Can't change my flights online or rebook. Impossible.
Can't reach their call center. Impossible.
I am too far away from the airport. I can't go there at 5.00 AM and not fly. I live far away from the airport.
France is on lock down because of the virus. I will be a no show.

Aegean... Such a bad experience.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Can you not send a direct message on Twitter? I have been in contact with them several times in the last few days and they have replied within 4 or 5 hours every time. If you send a message there, at least it will be a 'timestamp' on your attempts to cancel the booking, which may help in any subsequent requests for a refund.

I think they are really trying their best to deal with all calls, but they are simply overwhelmed.
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
I am not a Twitter user, however I have an account so I have contacted them
. You have been great help wih this Twitter idea. I just sent them a message.
headingwest likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.